LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 351 users in the forums

Should we go all in next season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we go all in next season?

Originally posted by Muggins:
No. I say we do what the Patriots have been doing for 10+ years.

Videotape opposing teams practices
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lets just do what we have done to get us this far. it was not due to lack of high priced free agents we did not win the super bowl. lets hope the team will draft better and then you get the right type of free agents which fit. last year was a mixed bag on that, jacobs no, mario yes, moss yes untill his super bowl "effort"
It hasn't worked out well for Washington or Philadelphia, so I would suggest no.
It's also just not the way Baalke seems to want to work. Or, Harbaugh either. They seem to like to develop their own players. Ricardo Lockette, for example, may turn out to be a diamond in the rough. The friendship with Kaepernick and his family might be the catalyst that pushes him over the top. He could end up as the Niners' version of Victor Cruz. And, they have so many draft picks this year. I look for them to package them on draft day to move up a couple times to take players they really want.
Originally posted by NCommand:
We have 17 of 22 starters signed through 2013 AND we have many, many players coming back from injury including some rookies (or rookies not playing, period).

That said, signing 1 or 2 blockbuster moves to LT contracts is and should be considered esp. given our cap situation and phenomenal financial salary cap team. Next year is when we need to pay CK and maybe a couple more big ones. Heck, we could have signed Manning last year. You can make it work.

That said, we are in position with 14 draft picks, draft-bait in Alex, etc. to really do some damage in the FA market/draft.

AND, we are now THE team FA's are going to want to sign with...for lesser money; for the realistic shot to play in a Superbowl and don't forget the new stadium as well. "First class" still speaks to players today.

Dude - how good did it feel to type "we are now THE team FA's are going to want to sign with...for lesser money; for the realistic shot to play in a Superbowl and don't forget the new stadium as well. "First class" still speaks to players today." and MEAN it again??!??!??
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's also just not the way Baalke seems to want to work. Or, Harbaugh either. They seem to like to develop their own players. Ricardo Lockette, for example, may turn out to be a diamond in the rough. The friendship with Kaepernick and his family might be the catalyst that pushes him over the top. He could end up as the Niners' version of Victor Cruz. And, they have so many draft picks this year. I look for them to package them on draft day to move up a couple times to take players they really want.

I'll go on the record now as saying Jenkins and Lockette end up being WR #2 and #3 coming out of camp. I know I'll catch heat for that, but IMVHO.
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM ]
Crabtree is a better Welker.
Originally posted by Beeker:

I'll go on the record now as saying Jenkins and Lockette end up being WR #2 and #3 coming out of camp. I know I'll catch heat for that, but IMVHO.

That wouldn't surprise me. They get a full seven months to work with Kaepernick. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see some four-receiver sets next season mixed in with those three and Manningham in the slot. Those four receivers and K Williams just concentrating on punt returns and James concentrating on kickoff returns sounds good to me. Roman has already indicated that he wants to get more innovative and add some new wrinkles to the Niners offense next season. A spread formation with four receivers is about the only thing missing from their bag of tricks.
That wouldn't surprise me. They get a full seven months to work with Kaepernick. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see some four-receiver sets next season mixed in with those three and Manningham in the slot. Those four receivers and K Williams just concentrating on punt returns and James concentrating on kickoff returns sounds good to me. Roman has already indicated that he wants to get more innovative and add some new wrinkles to the Niners offense next season. A spread formation with four receivers is about the only thing missing from their bag of tricks.

The only issue I have with this is I'm not sure Mario can be relied on all that much. His injury history is NOT good.
Share 49ersWebzone