There are 229 users in the forums

Resign Isaac Sopoaga???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Resign Isaac Sopoaga???

Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Not worth a second IMO. Third i would be fine. There will be better safetys to target in the second.

Kinda small. isn't he? Plays as if his hair is on fire.

I would much rather get Thomas, even if it means moving up into the early second to get him. We also will be trading Alex, so we will see what we get. I think we get second round value for him, so Thomas should be an option on the table.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Starlite Lotulelei is a Tongan submission machine. He would be a welcome addition to the 49er family, but without trading up, an improbable selection for the much exalted defence of the National Conference champions. Blah, blah, blah.

projected top 10 pick.

Hes my top rated player in the draft. Have him going #4 to philly.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
projected top 10 pick.

I want to see some fire breathing, homicidal, suicidal, genocidal, behemoths stopping the runs up the middle, occupying blockers and allowing the Smith brothers and our LBs the opportunity to concentrate on shooting up the middle and around the edges for devastating sacks. Can't bring enough pressure into the offensive backfield.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM ]
Star appears to be the safest bet. Most NFL ready, Not necessarily the highest ceiling, but has room to improve. Ready to go, straight out of the package, Possesses tremendous upper and lower body strength, not a rocket surgeon, but is football smart.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM ]
Wouldn't mind signing a champion Sumo wrestler or two from Japan. what could possible go wrong ?
Originally posted by lordsilva25:
Wouldn't mind signing a champion Sumo wrestler or two from Japan. what could possible go wrong ?
The dude from Mongolia - what's his name? Dagvadorj Dolgorsurengiin. Stinking rich is he. One strong individual and quick.
Originally posted by lordsilva25:

I'm thinking Lance Armstrong. He's okay with drugs. which is a plus. Could add on a few pounds. Quick, has stamina for sure. Don't know if he could take a hit. Could play as a CB. Total disregard for the rules, which could help.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Feb 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM ]
Let him go.
Of Course I want ICE back in a Niners uniform next year

but not for Mucho pesos, his contract has to be cap friendly so we can resign Goldson and a couple big name FA's , and with that said, I still want Soap AND Ricky Jean back !!!!!!!!!

keep the band together
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because they figure that into their numbers. This goes way beyond looking at stats and tackles. They ranked Soap as the 3rd worst starting DT/NT in the NFL. They specifically account for NT's holding up blockers and freeing up others to make plays.

Here is a snapshot of their top DT's/NT's ranked vs the rush in 2012.

Hey thanks for the free peek!

I notice 4 of the first 5 ranked players play for really stinky teams. Buf especially gave about 3 miles a game running. What's up with that?

Also, I see Vince is at #13. That seems odd. Why is that?

The coaches will no doubt know whether Sop is easy to replace, so I don't really care much unless they let him go and they are unlucky in the draft and wind up with a Balmer type miscue. If that happens Willis and Bowman will be tackling in the middle to make up for it, negating their ability to go sideline to sideline. Opposing teams will eat us alive. Don't like giving up a player until his replacement is in hand.

It is interesting that some of the highest rated players on the list are on bad teams. Any reason for that? Thanks Brodie for pointing this out. Also would like to compare how each defense sees and utilizes the NT position. May make a big difference.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM ]
Star appears to be the safest bet. Most NFL ready, Not necessarily the highest ceiling, but has room to improve. Ready to go, straight out of the package, Possesses tremendous upper and lower body strength, not a rocket surgeon, but is football smart.

Sign him for the minimum
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Sign him for the minimum

no cut him, get a younger better player in the draft. after what i saw on sunday from some of the guys on the line and secondary, a retool is needed if we want to get back to the super bowl
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I really feel like the Isaac Sopoaga situation is much like the Adam Snyder situation from last year. You know what you are going to get in terms of talent, but there could be a sleeper guy that the coaches really like.

Last year, Boone replaced Snyder, and the whole board crapped their pants - including myself. I tried washing those bad boys, and the stains didn't come out.

This off-season, we could see RJF anointed the starting NT role, and a FA/draft pick to bolster the depth.
Share 49ersWebzone