LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

The 49ers suck at situational football, ie 3rd DOWN & REDZONE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Because we don't utilize Boobie Dixon
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Jake and I have been talking about this since CK took over.

CK is not comfy throwing into a condensed defense.

I love CK and am beyond stoked he is starting....but he is significantly better throwing the ball from 20 to 10 then 5 to goalline

No QB is comfy in that situation
Hey buddy. We are 24-8 over these past two seasons.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yes, and if you read the articles about the current mini-camp, most of what their working on is red-zone plays, so let's give them a full off-season before we make any grand conclusions about what sucks.
Crabtree was the only good choice in the RZ last year, which limited CK to either run, cram it into MC or hand off to Gore. This year I hope Jenkins and Boldin will both be weapons, along with James. Then when Crabtree comes back there will be an embarrassment of riches. I don't recall Manningham being an effective RZ receiver with the Giants, but even having him back healthy will help spread out the defenses. VD is not really the type of TE who excels in limited space but he has made steady progress over the years, so who knows!

What I would like to see going into the playoffs next year is a healthy Crabtree and Boldin at #'s 1 and 2, McDonald as an effective RZ TE, James doing what he did in college in the RZ and a healthy Gore who is rested by spreading out the carries. Then if several other WRs come through...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Future top NFL receiver....game ready, polished route runner, great hands....THE LOWEST drop rate in college football among ALL WR's......I've been wanting and mocking this guy since like November....49ers got a steal. Uses his quickness to get separation, great leaper, good leadership ability, active in charities, very good character guy, eager and willing run blocker, he's a Baalke guy through and through.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by nj9er:
At 4:43 that's the pass Crabs needed to catch

This

^ that's the route in the RZ I hope Patton steps in and makes his signature...the fade in the corner of the endzone that we all know from the last series in the Super Bowl
What exactly crossed your so-called mind to bring this up in the middle of June?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
What exactly crossed your so-called mind to bring this up in the middle of June?

Is was worked on @ minicamp today
Originally posted by rondoman:
You cant talk Roman without Harbaugh. Even Gore and other players said they couldn't believe Frank didnt get a carry at the end.
IMHO I sincerely believe the Niners were NOT prepared, i.e. illegal formation on the FIRST play from scrimmage!!?? A 20 yard gain wiped out that, I'm sure, would have been the beginning of a serious b***h slap to the Ravens. Then, Frank Gore not touching the ball with FIVE yards to a SUPERBOWL win!! He would have killed the whole Ravens team getting into the endzone. And, if you look at the plays run to get to the five, you'll see Raven's players bending over, wheezing (#52). Perfect scenario. Now, I am going to say it: Walsh would have stomped these cats!
Between the twenty yard lines the OC calls the plays with check-offs included. When you get close to the goal against an experienced defense the QB has to improvise. The SB was a good example, the Raven D was gassed. The only way they could stop the 49ers was in a short space where the front 7 did not have rely on speed or quickness. If you looked back on their games they stopped offenses inside the 10 during the playoffs. Kaep is a confident guy I'm sure he'll do some amazing things this season.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yes, and if you read the articles about the current mini-camp, most of what their working on is red-zone plays, so let's give them a full off-season before we make any grand conclusions about what sucks.

Plus, they're installed NEW and MORE specific Redzone plays this offseason.
Let's not forget McDonald - a huge, tall target.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerTy:
IMHO I sincerely believe the Niners were NOT prepared, i.e. illegal formation on the FIRST play from scrimmage!!?? A 20 yard gain wiped out that, I'm sure, would have been the beginning of a serious b***h slap to the Ravens. Then, Frank Gore not touching the ball with FIVE yards to a SUPERBOWL win!! He would have killed the whole Ravens team getting into the endzone. And, if you look at the plays run to get to the five, you'll see Raven's players bending over, wheezing (#52). Perfect scenario. Now, I am going to say it: Walsh would have stomped these cats!
you have the best run blocking line in the nfl and the best run game in the nfl and even after little james got two yards on first down,, you never even give an opportunity to.......... ahh never f**king mind
Move on, guys. They're hard at work on red zone offense. If they get back to the Super Bowl next season, my guess is that they'll finish it the right way.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Move on, guys. They're hard at work on red zone offense. If they get back to the Super Bowl next season, my guess is that they'll finish it the right way.
of course this is the truth,, besides i wish people would stop bringing this up because i am not mentally tough and will always respond to it
Share 49ersWebzone