There are 189 users in the forums

Are the 49ers a "MISSED WINDOW" team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm just worried about the SB hangover. This is a young team so there's no telling how losing the SB will effect us.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I'm just worried about the SB hangover. This is a young team so there's no telling how losing the SB will effect us.

When you go real deep in the playoffs sometimes they don't have the same energy next year. They could be drained.
Originally posted by 49amane:
NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
the next year we make it to the SUPERBOWL
and if the pattern continues SUPERBOWL Winners

I'm hoping we can win 3 games in a row next year...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 951NINER:

When you go real deep in the playoffs sometimes they don't have the same energy next year. They could be drained.

They really need to hit on this draft. If we can get 2-3 starting caliber players it will help immensly.

Losing the super bowl can be the thing that tears a team apart, or it could have the opposite effect. History has shown it tears teams up as they just aren't the same after a super bow loss.

Not us though. Not with JH, Goire, KAep, Willis and VD leading the charge. They know what losing was like. THey suffered it longer then most of those teams.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM ]
I don't think the window is missed at all. As long as Colin K. and the core of the team is intact, the window will remain open. It is the departure of solid players that seems to bring a team down. When ownership gets cheap or believes it can fill a hole later, the window starts to shut. At least from what I have seen over the years.
Originally posted by English:
No. As discussed in various other threads.

End.

so why isn't this locked?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by English:
No. As discussed in various other threads.

End.

so why isn't this locked?

Because this is not discussed exclusively in any other thread. This is about the 49ers window. Open or closed.
For teams with an elite QB, the window is often open for years. I think Kaepernick is only now on the verge of being an elite NFL QB. They'll build an explosive offense around him, tweak the defense a little more, and the window will be open for the next 6 to 8 years.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
For teams with an elite QB, the window is often open for years. I think Kaepernick is only now on the verge of being an elite NFL QB. They'll build an explosive offense around him, tweak the defense a little more, and the window will be open for the next 6 to 8 years.

That is how I see it as well, maybe even 10 years.

Nobody is even bringing this up, the pattern didn't die, it just reset itself into the new 'post-season'.

Packers: W
Falcons: W
Ravens: L

I rest my case.

Originally posted by drakan:
Why would a team give up a pick for Alex Smith when they can easily pick get him after the Niners cut him.

Are you only watching your team?

There are at least five QB hungry teams. If SF lets it go to drop, that will just be odd.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Nobody is even bringing this up, the pattern didn't die, it just reset itself into the new 'post-season'.

I rest my case.

This wasnt the case last year, The same stingy defense and conservative ball control offense gave us a consistant game. We knew what to expect. This year, we were better at times, and worse at times. The worse cost us.
Originally posted by goldrush49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I rest my case.

This wasnt the case last year, The same stingy defense and conservative ball control offense gave us a consistant game. We knew what to expect. This year, we were better at times, and worse at times. The worse cost us.

Mostly better on offense.

Mostly worse on ST all year.

Worse on defense when it mattered.

With the usual disclaimer about injuries, this window will be open for a few years.
Our window is not closed (especially with Kaepernick) but I can't help but think our best opportunity to win one was 1 of the last 2 years.

Harbaugh might deliver playoff success and postseason appearances for a decade onward...but I just can't help but think we won't get another shot as good as we've had the last 2 years.

We might not be in another Super Bowl for another 18 years.
To night we are young and years to come...................
Share 49ersWebzone