LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

To the Niners fans that thought Ravens were just clearly outmatched and overpowered...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As I made great effort to Point Out.. keys would be:

1. Can the 49er underperforming pass rush get to Flacco

2. Points win games.. Ravens were excellent in Redzone Offense and Redzone Defense.. they would flex between the 20s then dominate in Redzone on Defense. Tom Brady went 0-4 in the redzone.. I did not see Kaep outdoing Brady in those situations where the field is shrunk against the Ravens Defense.

There needs to be an enquiry into that Power Outage.. Niners were down for the count and they got a magical lifeline.. 35 Minutes to go over film is a travesty when you have an opponents foot on you neck about to hammer in the last nail.

Other than that its a Rout.

Kaep is good but he ain't no Joe Flacco.
[ Edited by TheTruth52 on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Tical:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
It was a close game and it pained me and my niner brothers to sit through it's final whistle but the ravens earned their victory. With that said the reality is that the window for a ravens super bowl win was much smaller currently than the 49ers. The Ravens have an aging team with several guys on their last leg and the 49ers have a young, evolving, explosive offense and perhaps the two best linebackers in the league on defense. The 49ers are going to be a very dangerous team for the next several years.

no doubt the Niners have a squad that can compete for a while...if they can stay together. That rarely happens in the salary cap era though
Luckily most of our better players have been locked up for a good while. I guess next in line will be Crabtree and hopefully extending Justin Smith and deciding on Dashon Goldson's future.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:09 AM ]
As Kapow himself admitted, he was the primary problem for us. What a first half meltdown.
Stay classy San Diego
If you wanna say something was rigged, say it was Rigged so the 49ers wouldn't get blown out by 30. That power outage gave your coaches and young guys alot of time to calm down and stop the bleeding. Ravens offense went 90 minutes without touching the ball

Well that totally explains why the Ravens offense only got two field goals the entire second half.

It was the power outage. Of course!
Originally posted by TheTruth52:

2. Points win games.. Ravens were excellent in Redzone Offense and Redzone Defense.. they would flex between the 20s then dominate in Redzone on Defense. Tom Brady went 0-4 in the redzone.. I did not see Kaep outdoing Brady in those situations where the field is shrunk against the Ravens Defense.

There needs to be an enquiry into that Power Outage.. Niners were down for the count and they got a magical lifeline.. 35 Minutes to go over film is a travesty when you have an opponents foot on you neck about to hammer in the last nail.

Other than that its a Route. Kaep is good but he ain't no Joe Flacco.

Yeah Bc the Ravens didn't also have 35minute of down time to do the same.

Other than that its a Route. Kaep is good but he ain't no Joe Flacco.

This is getting ridiculous. So now the Niners, KNOWING there would be a power outage, broke out the projector and had a film study session?

Also, you are aware that any bonus afforded to us by the down time is negated once you remember that (duh) that Ravens would have had that SAME amount of time to rest, study film or whatever?

It gets more ridiculous once you roll back the footage and see both teams on the field stretching, walking around and whatnot during most of the outage.

The bigger question is, did you even bother to THINK before posting this garbage?
  • Tical
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
This is getting ridiculous. So now the Niners, KNOWING there would be a power outage, broke out the projector and had a film study session?

Also, you are aware that any bonus afforded to us by the down time is negated once you remember that (duh) that Ravens would have had that SAME amount of time to rest, study film or whatever?

It gets more ridiculous once you roll back the footage and see both teams on the field stretching, walking around and whatnot during most of the outage.

The bigger question is, did you even bother to THINK before posting this garbage?

The parade in Bmore is tomorrow at 11 and will probably be on ESPN and NFL Network. Feel free to check it out

The parade in Bmore is tomorrow at 11 and will probably be on ESPN and NFL Network. Feel free to check it out

yawn

The Ravens did not have any problem to solve with the Niner Defense.. they moved at will.. The Niners were having a problem and Kaep was clearly out of sorts.

Momentum is a critical component of a game like this.. the Power Outage killed the Ravens.. they had Kaep and the Niners mentally shell shocked.

This is common knowledge.. I just want to know how you guys arranged it... :)

By they way.. how about that Flacco.. tied with Joe Montana 11 TD Zero Int.. His Playoff QB Rating over 4 games is like 115 and his First Half performance against the best defense in the League was unreal !

Elite !
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i don't see how anyone actually thought the niners would breeze by the Ravens. Their wideouts and QB are as dangerous as Atlanta's and the Ravens have top defense.

Why are you Raven fans still on our board? I think maybe in the back of your minds you know you got away with one.

Other than that its a Rout.

Kaep is good but he ain't no Joe Flacco.

First off, the Ravens were the better team and congratulations. It disgusts me when we beat a team and a fan or a player says the better team lost, so I'm certainly not going to do the same.

Secondly, Kaep is good. And he only has 10 starts going into his first offseason as the unquestioned starter.

Third, that power outage comment is BS. That's like a team complaining about rain effecting a game or some other excuse that effects both teams equally.

Fourth, Joe Flacco is a good QB also. But he has never, ever played this good, this consistently. So idk about the Kaep isn't Joe Flacco comments because as of January 1st, Kaep probably would've been considered the better QB. Flacco is a good QB who had a great postseason and an even better Super Bowl performance. We'll see how Kaep looks with 26 starts under his belt.
  • Veteran
Ravens played lights-out...

Niners played like crap for 80% of the game..

and only lost by 3??

Take away 1 mistake SF wins.. take away a few more its a 49ers blowout.

I'll meet you at the parade, and knock out your moronic ass out. Get the f**k outta here. Oh and ENJOY the next 10 f**king years when your team sucks.
The Ravens did not have any problem to solve with the Niner Defense.. they moved at will.. The Niners were having a problem and Kaep was clearly out of sorts.

Momentum is a critical component of a game like this.. the Power Outage killed the Ravens.. they had Kaep and the Niners mentally shell shocked.

This is common knowledge.. I just want to know how you guys arranged it... :)

By they way.. how about that Flacco.. tied with Joe Montana 11 TD Zero Int.. His Playoff QB Rating over 4 games is like 115 and his First Half performance against the best defense in the League was unreal !

Elite !

We can go back and forth with this but the reality is nobody knows what would happened regardless of the power outage. Keapernick has clearly proven that he is not easily rattled and can get something going when the momentum is in a far distant cloud. He came back strong after starting with a pick six against the Packers. he came back strong when the niners were being dominated by the Falcons and were down 17-0.

If we want to talk momentum swerves we could go all the way back to Lamichael James costly rookie mistake (fumble) early in the game when the niners were moving in for the potential lead. That was the moment when ravens got away from the niners for a little while. Ravens fans are pointing at the power outage but conviently avoiding that horrible no call pass interference at the end of the game, or that Ed Reed was clearly offsides on that two point conversion. The refs were nicking the 49ers for every little tug and the ravens did get away with a little bit more.

Stay classy ravens fans, enjoy your win. There were alot of things that could have gone different in the game for both teams but the coulda woulda shouldas doesn't change the outcome. It was a great super bowl and like I've already stated. The ravens needed this one. They got some serious age in critical areas of their team. The niners have young playmakers across the board on offense. A young quarterback that with only nine starts under his belt in his career in the regular season led his team to the super bowl and the scary thing is, he will get even better. The niners have potentially the two best linebackers in the game on defense along with one of the better younger pass rushers in the game. Not too mention 13 draft picks coming their way in April. We will be back!
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone