There are 114 users in the forums

What is your biggest priority for improving the 2013 roster?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We need to replace Whitner, his coverage skills are horrible. I'll give Cully another shot, he's still young. Hopefully we can trade for Revis.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Yep help is needed in the secondary. I like Whitner's physical style, but he's limited in coverage especially against Tight ends.

Cully simply is inconsistent and Rogers is getting old.
The db play isn't the greatest but the line needs to get home. Flacco had all freaking day to throw.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Or maybe we could rush the passer.

Yep. Many plays where Flacco showed enough mobility to evade near sacks. He had one of those Christian Ponder days that are rare but can kill.
U know we could use some more fire power in the front 3 as well. Can anyone whose not at work please post a quick list of FA db's and dlinemen?
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Yep. Many plays where Flacco showed enough mobility to evade near sacks. He had one of those Christian Ponder days that are rare but can kill.

Yeah,we need a pass rusher period!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

This. It seemed like we were burned the worst when we actually did get pressure on Flacco.
Who thinks we should trade Alex Smith to the Jets so we can get Revis?
Personally, I'm torn between upgrading the secondary and upgrading at WR. Culliver looks like a safety trying to play corner, while Rogers and Brown aren't exactly lights-out -- we *could let Goldson walk, move Culliver to safety, and use the money to sign a real starting cornerback...while drafting a safety to push Culliver. Lots of options out there in FA this year at corner:

Brent Grimes – ATL
Mike Jenkins – DAL
Tracy Porter – DEN
Aqib Talib – NE
Derek Cox – JAC
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – PHI

I think we're in a bit of a bind at Wide Receiver, with little talent available in free agency that's affordable. Dwayne Bowe wants a mega-contract, as does Mike Wallace...although I think that Wallace's market value is considerably lower than he thinks.

At pass rusher, there are options: Anthony Spencer was franchise tagged last year and had 11 sacks this year -- the Cowboys are switching to the 4-3 and may not be re-signed. Connor Bawrin is also a free agent, and Manny Lawson could also re-join the team (I don't like this option).

So, what do you guys think?
Sign parys haralson. Run defense sucks without him.

We need to move up a little in the draft to select Cordarrelle Patterson!

Imagine..

CK
Gore
Crabs
Patterson
Davis

Off the bench:

Hunter
Manningham
Walker
Williams
Jenkins
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
We need to move up a little in the draft to select Cordarrelle Patterson!

Imagine..

CK
Gore
Crabs
Patterson
Davis

Off the bench:

Hunter
Manningham
Walker
Williams
Jenkins

I don't think you have to move up for him because he's such a risky prospect -- boom:bust.
Obviously in the secondary. Depth needs to be added in WR. The D-line may have to be looked at as Spogaga may not come back and Justin Smith is starting to show he is getting up there due to injuries.
There are things we need to improve on Offense but we still put up a good amount of points. Our secondary was dreadful yesterday. I say upgrade the secondary.
Originally posted by drake49er:
There are things we need to improve on Offense but we still put up a good amount of points. Our secondary was dreadful yesterday. I say upgrade the secondary.

Should Culliver move to safety?
Share 49ersWebzone