Darcel McBath
Ricky Jean Francois (hope he stays)

why Wilhoite? he is a PS/ST player, i thought he played well
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Alex
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Akers

Delanie only comes back if he isn't used as the #2 TE. We need a REAL #2 TE that doesn't drop the pass half the time.

THIS. I greatly desire a protypical 6'5" TE with decent speed, great blocking aptitude, and the ability to find holes in the zone, or destroy one on one coverage for medium gains. Security blanket. Vernon is awesome, but we don't need two of them.
The 3 big area's of the team that need to be fixed...

1. WR Group - Crabtree only returning healthy starter
2. Secondary
3. Pass Rush

Definately want Akers Goodwin Walker Sopo Whitner Rogers and Culliver replaced.
[ Edited by SkyGod on Feb 18, 2013 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by SkyGod:
The 3 big area's of the team that need to be fixed...

1. WR Group - Crabtree only returning healthy starter
2. Secondary
3. Pass Rush

Definately want Akers Goodwin Walker Sopo Whitner and Culliver replaced.

Culliver outplayed Rogers in the playoffs, and the pass rush to me needs to be improved in our front 3. Brooks/Aldon are great
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Culliver outplayed Rogers in the playoffs, and the pass rush to me needs to be improved in our front 3. Brooks/Aldon are great

Culliver and Whitner were targeted and torched by Atlanta and the Ravens because our opposition thinks they suck in coverage and they proved it Culliver doesn't have the skill set to ever be a starting quality CB on a SB contender. Whitner Culliver and Rogers are all huge liabilities in coverage. Last year Rogers was targeted and torched by the Giants and Cruz. This year Culliver and Whitner were picked on.

Anyone who thinks we should keep Whitner Culliver and Rogers for next season i strongly disagree and your opinion is worthless to me.

Culliver Whitner & Rogers can all go.

Culliver and Whitner were targeted and torched by Atlanta and the Ravens because our opposition thinks they suck in coverage and they proved it Culliver doesn't have the skill set to ever be a starting quality CB on a SB contender. Whitner Culliver and Rogers are all huge liabilities in coverage. Last year Rogers was targeted and torched by the Giants and Cruz. This year Culliver and Whitner were picked on.

Anyone who thinks we should keep Whitner Culliver and Rogers for next season i strongly disagree and your opinion is worthless to me.

Culliver Whitner & Rogers can all go.

I thought brown was torched far worse in the Atlanta game than culliver was, plus he made a game changing play in the game

Hard to believe anyone could think Culliver outplayed anyone after watching that Super Bowl. But, Culliver is not going anywhere and neither is Rogers. I guess it's possible that Whitner won't be back, but I think they'll all be back in the secondary. I think they'll add a safety through the draft who might take Whitner's starting position.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Hard to believe anyone could think Culliver outplayed anyone after watching that Super Bowl. But, Culliver is not going anywhere and neither is Rogers. I guess it's possible that Whitner won't be back, but I think they'll all be back in the secondary. I think they'll add a safety through the draft who might take Whitner's starting position.

Do you work for the 49ers? How do you know Culliver & Rogers ain't going anywhere?

You think Harbaugh and the 49ers FO hasn't seen the same weakness's the opposition has in our secondary? lol
Do you work for the 49ers? How do you know Culliver & Rogers ain't going anywhere?

You think Harbaugh and the 49ers FO hasn't seen the same weakness's the opposition has in our secondary? lol

Because the secondary was doing just fine until Justin Smith went down. Both Culliver and Brown are fine as starters, the biggest weakness by far is the lack of depth on the DL, and the need to add a true deep safety to eventually push Goldson to SS and Whitner to the bench or off the team.

For the most part, 49ers defense should be exactly the same next season in terms of the starting lineup with a possible change at NT and much better overall depth.

I disagree with that big time.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

culliver is gonna make like 550k and is entering his third season and aside from the sb played fairly well most of the season, he is going to be back. rogers on the other hand makes quite a bit of money and he might be a candidate to not return

Of course I don't "know" anything. It's a prediction. One doesn't have to work for the Niners. All you need is common sense. Culliver screwed up in the Super Bowl, but fast corners of his size are not easy to come by and he comes cheap, so they'll continue to work with him. Rodgers has lost a step and might be too expensive, but he's a savvy corner. And, as others have pointed out, the secondary was doing real well before the pass rush went south. But, I agree that the secondary needs work so I think they'll be drafting a safety to compete with Whitner for the starting job and probably another corner to come in and compete. I think this draft is going to be almost all defense - maybe they'll mix a kicker in there somewhere.
The only obvious ones are Akers and Alex. Everyone else will be decided either by how free agency goes or what happens in training camp.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because the secondary was doing just fine until Justin Smith went down. Both Culliver and Brown are fine as starters, the biggest weakness by far is the lack of depth on the DL, and the need to add a true deep safety to eventually push Goldson to SS and Whitner to the bench or off the team.

For the most part, 49ers defense should be exactly the same next season in terms of the starting lineup with a possible change at NT and much better overall depth.

Culliver is not fine as a starter go talk to the Falcons and John Harbaugh who targeted and torched him. lol

What good is a DB if he plays fine as you say in the regular season then gets targeted and stinks it up when it really matters in the playoffs and Super Bowl?

And so our secondary is only good if Justin Smith is playing well? lol
Share 49ersWebzone