There are 162 users in the forums

Current Niners you just can't see on the team next year:

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Alex Smith for sure.

After media day, I think Moss is gone. He's been admirable this year, but it was clear from his comments that he does not want to be a role player / decoy. I think he walks. Too bad he doesnt realize he wont have it any better than here. He's just not a number 1 guy anymore.

did you even read the whole paragraph, or did you just listen to what fox news said..err espn?
Alex Smith for sure.

After media day, I think Moss is gone. He's been admirable this year, but it was clear from his comments that he does not want to be a role player / decoy. I think he walks. Too bad he doesnt realize he wont have it any better than here. He's just not a number 1 guy anymore.

I agree he needs to realize why no one wanted him last season, whats better than a vet role on a championship team?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Chris Culliver

I'm going with David Akers.
I was all for Moss coming back before he opened his big mouth. Now I'm not sure if I'd want him back. I also see Ginn going.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Chris Culliver

Agree

What?! Why?!
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Alex Smith for sure.

did you even read the whole paragraph, or did you just listen to what fox news said..err espn?

Whats your point ? From what I understood, Moss is/was fine with his role this season bc he's willing to do anything for a ring, but it's not what he wants / foresees in the future. I think Harbaugh will push to have him resigned this offseason, but judging from his comments he still feels like he can be a top notch guy. Did I miss anything from his statements ?
Originally posted by KID9R:
Chris Culliver

Agree

What?! Why?!

I don't know why Culliver wouldn't be back, people make mistakes, whatever his opinion is he should have kept a lid on it. I think his comments will blow over, much ado about nothing, don't see the comments as a big deal. The acceptance of gay folks has come a long way in this country, for people to get all butthurt about Culliver's comments is a case of give a mouse a cookie (the slow acceptance of the gay community) he'll want a glass of milk (full quick shift in society-wide attitudes). Attitude shifts like that just don't happen that fast.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Chris Culliver

Agree

What?! Why?!

I don't know why Culliver wouldn't be back, people make mistakes, whatever his opinion is he should have kept a lid on it. I think his comments will blow over, much ado about nothing, don't see the comments as a big deal. The acceptance of gay folks has come a long way in this country, for people to get all butthurt about Culliver's comments is a case of give a mouse a cookie (the slow acceptance of the gay community) he'll want a glass of milk (full quick shift in society-wide attitudes). Attitude shifts like that just don't happen that fast.

Agreed, Cully said he doesn't want Gay teammates, but at the same time he didn't say anything negative about them at all. He is a good CB and we already could use more depth b/c of how bad Brock is. We dont need to go over-reacting to comments to deplete our team b/c of an emotional response.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
alex , akers, walker, ginn, mmmm a part of me wants to say jenkins. disagree with those who say moss. huge non story there
Originally posted by cciowa:
alex , akers, walker, ginn, mmmm a part of me wants to say jenkins. disagree with those who say moss. huge non story there

no way we give up on a 1st round pick that fast, you guys are insane, AJ inst going anywhere!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:

no way we give up on a 1st round pick that fast, you guys are insane, AJ inst going anywhere!
calm calm,, i said a part of me i am willing to give him a second off season but you know he needs to really bust it because if we are setting here next year at this time having the same conversation about jenkins,,,
Goodwin maybe. He seems to be the leader on that offensive line and who knows whether a guy like Kilgore is ready to take over. However, he's not really all that young and it would be the last year on his contract, which is quite high.

I personally think they find a way to keep him here, but I wouldn't be shocked if they cut him early and tried to re-sign him, restructured his contract, or if he got beat out by a younger guy in training camp.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
Goodwin maybe. He seems to be the leader on that offensive line and who knows whether a guy like Kilgore is ready to take over. However, he's not really all that young and it would be the last year on his contract, which is quite high.

I personally think they find a way to keep him here, but I wouldn't be shocked if they cut him early and tried to re-sign him, restructured his contract, or if he got beat out by a younger guy in training camp.
i think we need to make sure we have a person who is better or just as good as him before we cut him. i understand your comments about kilgore but we better make darn sure he or someone can do the job before we cut goodwin. maybe you can get a guy who can play center and something else in the draft and have him set a year behind goodwin??? not sure if or how that would work
Agree with most of the OP.

Not on team next year, additional ones beyond the ones listed above.

1. Dixon- Jewel Hampton or draft pick will take his spot
2. Moss- Team will sign a FA WR. I am hoping for Ramses Barden UFA from NY Giants and Cal Poly
3. Larry Grant- the 9ers would love him to stay but he will be a starter elsewhere.
4. Goldson- Even though he said he wants to stay and be with the niners next year, I think his ego will be too big, he will want top safety money, the Niners will either franchise him for one more season, or let him test FA to set his worth.

I disagree with
1. Cam Johnson- I think him and Fleming will make the cut. You have the team getting rid of all of the OLB's in this thread....... The team needs two back ups.
2. There is no way in heck Culliver is gone. He made some bad comments this week, but he could be a starter next year.
Golden will not want to be franchised again. If he has a good SB he will probably price himself off the team.
Share 49ersWebzone