LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

Super Bowl roll call....who's going to New Orleans?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Happs
  • Veteran
I will be there with 7 lifelong friends. Flying in Thursday, leaving Tuesday.

Section 652. Go Niners!!!!!!

Are we meeting up for a session anywhere?
is anyone attending the Official 49ers tail gate through prime sports?

it is an extra$250 , but open bar and former niners there. Dont know if i should
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Well I'm not going I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money. Will enjoy from my living room.
I am so jealous of you guys. I could probably afford the tickets but the travel and hotel and transportation just started adding up too fast.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Will the stadium be packed with more Niner Fans or Ravens Fans?
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by olapac:
I'm going to the 'ship, I'm going to the ship!!!

See you guys in New Orleans. Quest for six!

Apologies in advance for the stupid question.

Why is the Super Bowl referred to as the "Ship." It seems as I've only heard the "Ship" this year.
I'm going. I bought my ticket on NFL Exchange for $2400.00 a few minutes after the 49ers won the NFC title. I bought a ticket from SMF, Sacramento International to IAH, Houston. Round trip with rental car, Fri to Mon for $333.00!!. A 5 hour drive to New Orleans. I'm staying with a coworkers Sister and Brother in-law in Metairie LA.
I had no plans but to sleep in my rental car but it's all comming together for me. Going to a Super Bowl is one of my few Bucket List items. Having the Niners there is the Holy Grail.
Originally posted by Happs:

Why is the Super Bowl referred to as the "Ship." It seems as I've only heard the "Ship" this year.

Ship is short for Championship
Originally posted by father49er:

Happs, Father49er hit it on the head. It's short for Championship.

Several 49er players were chanting that in the locker room after beating the Falcons. It's in the post-game video, so a lot of us are copying them.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am so jealous of you guys. I could probably afford the tickets but the travel and hotel and transportation just started adding up too fast.

I don't want to push you one way or the other, but if you can afford it, do it. A little under 20 years since the last time they were here. To me, I just couldn't pass it up. Try flying into another city, renting a car, and staying in Baton Rouge (if your airport is west of NO) or Mobile (if you're east).

I don't think it's a once-in-a-lifetime thing - with Kap, I'm hoping we get back here plenty of times. But ask Dan Marino - you never know about these things.

Finally, I just want to be in the building *if/when* they hand the Lombardi to Harbaugh, he grabs the mic, and asks the crowd, "Who's got it better than us???"
And with a thunderous reply, we all yell, "Noooooooooboooddddyyyy!!!"

It'll be magical...or at least I'm telling myself that to justify the costs

Originally posted by BayArea:

I don't want to push you one way or the other, but if you can afford it, do it. A little under 20 years since the last time they were here. To me, I just couldn't pass it up. Try flying into another city, renting a car, and staying in Baton Rouge (if your airport is west of NO) or Mobile (if you're east).

I don't think it's a once-in-a-lifetime thing - with Kap, I'm hoping we get back here plenty of times. But ask Dan Marino - you never know about these things.

Finally, I just want to be in the building *if/when* they hand the Lombardi to Harbaugh, he grabs the mic, and asks the crowd, "Who's got it better than us???"
And with a thunderous reply, we all yell, "Noooooooooboooddddyyyy!!!"

It'll be magical...or at least I'm telling myself that to justify the costs

And it's in New Orleans! It's going to be a hell of a party! I can't wait for Wednesday!!

Several 49er players were chanting that in the locker room after beating the Falcons. It's in the post-game video, so a lot of us are copying them.

They are copying that movie "Hardball" with Keanu Reeves......the kids were in the pizza place and was chanting "We going to the ship, We going to the ship" they all want ed trophies......so its good that we are copying them.....cuz in the movie......they got there trophies.....
[ Edited by 80849er4life on Jan 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM ]
I will be there with 7 lifelong friends. Flying in Thursday, leaving Tuesday.

Section 652. Go Niners!!!!!!

Are we meeting up for a session anywhere?

Sectin 639......Got that Maui green for the game......I'll be down for a sesh.....
[ Edited by 80849er4life on Jan 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM ]
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

They are copying that movie "Hardball" with Keanu Reeves......the kids were in the pizza place and was chanting "We going to the ship, We going to the ship" they all want ed trophies......so its good that we are copying them.....cuz in the movie......they got there trophies.....

I'm going to the Ship. I'm going to the Ship! Love it...
my buddy just got me a ticket, does anyone know where sec 129 is? I have never been to this park. He says we are 4 rows from the field?
Share 49ersWebzone