LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

49ers Crabtree sex assault investigation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well it looks like it's AJ Jenkins' time to step up BIG TIME. No doubt Crabtree will be distracted. We will see how he responds in this crisis. Will he let the distraction crush his focus or will he use it as motivation. Human nature tells me if he is innocent it will be that he uses it as motivation. However, if he feels there is a chance of conviction, he is totally taken out of his game. In any event on tomorrow, I would not start Crabtree the first series. Let his nerves settle down and go TE set with Randy Moss in the starting lineup.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope its nothing but these accusations a day before the f**kin game is b******t. i bet belichek set this up because hes scared to face us in the superbowl. that motherf**ker...

Breaking News: Police go to Bill Belicheck for Video Tapes

SFPD has asked New England Patriots* coach Bill Belicheck for any video tapes he might have relating to 49ers wide reciever Michael Crabtree's alleged sexual assault. When he responded with confusion, the police were quoted as saying, "Come on Bill, we know you tape everything."
We definitely need to work Frank Gore more this game. The running game needs to be HUGE this time around. It will settle everybody including Crabtree as well as it works to Atlanta's weakness on D. Our OLINE will have to man up and put their big boy pants on, they need to FLAT OUT DOMINATE at the line of scrimage. Well there goes Justin Smith's theory about this team being more mature and focused this time around.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Well it looks like it's AJ Jenkins' time to step up BIG TIME. No doubt Crabtree will be distracted. We will see how he responds in this crisis. Will he let the distraction crush his focus or will he use it as motivation. Human nature tells me if he is innocent it will be that he uses it as motivation. However, if he feels there is a chance of conviction, he is totally taken out of his game. In any event on tomorrow, I would not start Crabtree the first series. Let his nerves settle down and go TE set with Randy Moss in the starting lineup.

Don't count a guy that you know can't do it out of desperation. We have reliable players that can handle the situation, Jenkins in my opinion is not one of them.
  • buck
  • Veteran
We know next to nothing about the case.

We just have to wait, and see what happens.

Making assumptions without facts is beyond idiotic.

Insulting the woman making the charges is just plain disgusting.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by buck:
We know next to nothing about the case.

We just have to wait, and see what happens.

Making assumptions without facts is beyond idiotic.

Insulting the woman making the charges is just plain disgusting.

This. If Crabs is in the wrong--I hope for f*ck's sake he isn't--then he must face the charges. It is the law, number 6 or not. Now, if you excuse me, I am going to be depressed for the rest of the day. Motherf**ker!
I hope MC is innocent. If he's not, I hope he serves a long sentence.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
In SF they won't file charges if it's a he said she said any way...so unless there's a third party witness...nothing will happen and the case will be closed.
It depends if she has scratches, bruises or anything else that shows signs someone forced themselves on her.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by SD49ersFan:
Originally posted by shawny:
There are way more legitimate rapes then there are falsely reported rapes. Yes, there are a lot of those too. The thing about this is there are NO FACTS to look at, no one knows anything other than he was questioned, yet a LOT of posters here are calling this girl a slut. THAT is a problem. That's the exact thing that real women that are legitimately raped fear when they come forward, is hearing s**t like that.

Amen brother. I am on this board all the time and I had to create an account to comment on what I have seen here on this board.

The burden of proof is necessary to create a conviction. Unfortunately, in crimes involving rape, sexual assault, molestation, etc. there is a huge psychological element that is involved that is reinforced by our culture and society to suppress the victim. They are also very hard to prove in court. (How often is someone randomly there when a rape is being committed that is not in league with the rapist?). 8/10 Rapist or predators are people the victim knows or are people who have groomed them. It is already an extremely difficult task for a woman or girl to ever come out and say something in those situations let alone have the strength to call the police and have a rape kit administered. And when it comes to rape kits that would supply the necessary evidence, there are hundreds of thousands that go unprocessed due to lack of funding. http://endthebacklog.org/ I agree that we should look out for people falsely accusing others and our justice system is really good at doing that, but there needs to be some change considering the hard facts associated with this type of crime.

(RAINN is one of the largest anti rape, assault, abuse organizations in the US)
http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims

1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape).
17.7 million American women have been victims of attempted or completed rape.
9 of every 10 rape victims were female in 2003.

The sheer number of crimes being committed means pretty much everyone knows a survivor of sexual assault or rape. You may never know it. After I learned about this, 50%!!!! of the women I know have opened up and told me about something that has happened to them because I have made it known that it was a safe space to speak about these things and I try to get the word out whenever I can.

Now if that wasn't enough:

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/reporting-rates

54% of rapes/sexual assaults are not reported to the police, according to a statistical average of the past 5 years. Those rapists, of course, never spend a day in prison. Factoring in unreported rapes, only about 3% of rapists ever serve a day in jail.

I believe we should think hard about these facts as a community of fans and do what we can to change how we feel about these types of events. Our posts here could add to a culture that is already very scary for women and girls to come out and say anything about sexual violence. Its an extremely scary thing. Its not uncommon for people not to say anything for many years, or even their whole lives. That is the nature of this terrible crime. It doesn't just hurt physically, it scars people deeply.

As for Crabtree. I hope he is innocent, we don't need another raped/molested/abused woman in this world. Innocent until proven guilty. But I think we should ask ourselves if we are helping or hurting when it comes to the culture that creates the environment for these crimes to occur or to go unpunished.

Just my two cents.

Outstanding post. Really.

Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
No doubt this b***h is lying. Why the hell would Crabtree have to force himself to get any girl he wants. f**king slut better not yoko ono our year.

This. Crabtree ain't got to rape anyone!

Men don't sexually assault women just because they can't get any girl. In any case, we can't judge until we get more information, but the bottom line is that it's a distraction and Crabs didn't need to put himself in that position. Just GO HOME!!!

Yep

Guys, this doesn't bode well for us if history is any indication:

(1) Eugene Robinson - Atlanta Falcons: On the day before Super Bowl XXXIII, he was awarded the Bart Starr Award from the Christian group Athletes in Action for his "high moral character". However, that very same night he was arrested for offering an undercover female police officer posing as a prostitute $40 for oral sex.[1] On the eve of the Super Bowl he broke curfew by attempting to pick up a prostitute at 3:00am while his wife was asleep in his hotel room. Atlanta got smoked the next day.

(2) Barret Robbins - Oakland Raiders: Then, inexplicably, the day before Super Bowl XXXVII, disaster struck Robbins. He was reported as missing for most of the day before the game after not taking his depression medication. When he resurfaced that night, he was so incoherent that Callahan left him off the roster.[1] He spent 30 days at the Betty Ford Center, during which time he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder (or manic-depressive disorder). He'd been diagnosed with depression while at TCU, but it is common for the two to be confused in the early stages. Robbins later told his wife that he had spent most of the day before the Super Bowl partying across the border in Tijuana, and actually thought the Raiders had already won the game and he was celebrating their victory.[2] With Adam Treu as the starting center, the Raiders were humiliated in an embarrassing loss in the Super Bowl to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 48-21.

Look, what I'm not saying is that this thing is automatic. It could just be a blip on the screen. What I am saying is that for some reason, when stuff like this comes out before these huge games, the team struggles. These two situations were the first things that popped in my head. I'm sure there are countless more stories like this. I just really don't like what this means for our focus.
I hope I am wrong (and I hope that nothing bad happened for everyone's sake).
[ Edited by guillotine31 on Jan 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Heed49er:
Rich guys just need to record everything they do privately with people they don't know.
Not for putting it on the Web or anything but just to have something more than "he said, she said".

cam newton knows what's up...

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I hope MC is innocent. If he's not, I hope he serves a long sentence.

What if he is guilty of fondling the woman. Should he serve a long time for that?
Why was the chick in the hotel room early in the morning if she wasn't trying to get f**ked?
[ Edited by NinerGod on Jan 19, 2013 at 7:20 AM ]
Why is everyone saying rape? Sexual assault can mean a lot of things.

If there was a shred of credible evidence against him, he'd have been arrested and charged by now.

It's ALLEGATIONS people.
Share 49ersWebzone