Shop Find 49ers gear online
he sounds sick
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Bump!

Last year, I would have said that Crabtree would have signed elsewhere (probably Dallas) because he really wasn't a great fit with Alex. Now, I think he's really enjoying playing with Kaep and will strongly consider re-signing with us. He definitely has benefited from the change.

crabtree or greg jennings?

Well, Jennings will get a contract this year, Crabtree could be extended this year, but wont hit FA until either next year or the year after.

imagine jennings/crabtree/manningham/davis/ertz

We're not going to have the cap room to sign Jennings. He's going to be looking for a huge contract and if he signs for less, it'll be a home team discount. If you were a WR, signing with Rodgers makes a lot of sense.

Plus, I'd rather save our $$ for Justin Smith and Dashon Goldson. Those guys are big leaders on this team.

we're gonna be dropping about 25mil in contracts, it might be doable, but i doubt thats the way were gonna go in FA
i say we extend manningham too, hes a playmaker when he healthy. lock up crabs and manningham long term and we will be set at WR for awhile
he's either sick or drunk..can't tell...
Yeah we should extend M. Crabtree but at what cost. He's finally has a really good season, and if he is going to ask for some huge pay check then Ill want to see a few more better seasons. Personally I Iike to see some more key players have the same heart as Rogers and Bowman and keep the pay real to keep the unity in the squad. I just hope Goldson has that same virtue and instead of busting the bank keep the squad together and lets see how many Super Bowls we can get to in the next 6 years... That is how history is made... That is how you produce NFL future films.

49ers Faithful
Originally posted by iLL49er:

Lol seemed like he had a cough drop, so I would guess sick.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by iLL49er:

Lol seemed like he had a cough drop, so I would guess sick.

He's just covering up his breath, he definitely seemed like he was out on bourbon st drinking some of that syrup!
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i say we extend manningham too, hes a playmaker when he healthy. lock up crabs and manningham long term and we will be set at WR for awhile

Ham might not be 100% for some time
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Ham might not be 100% for some time

Yea it sucks bc he was really playing well. But he did tear TWO ligaments
well, now we kinda have an idea of the money the niners are gonna have to pony up to sign crabs.....5 years at least 27 mill garunteed, 65+ total contract

if we don't extend crabs jerry jones will have crabs in his pants
Some people are making the case that WR's are overrated on a cap. They actually have a point. Here's the thing though, I think Crabtree is a special type of WR. He is a good PLAYER.
Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Cris Carter etc were good PLAYERS. They weren't like Mike Wallace, who just runs really fast.
Crabtree is not just an athlete, he has a feel for the game and is very quick to react after catching the football. These things sound small, but these are the types of players that win games.
Look at Boldin. He isn't fast and all that crap. He is big and strong and GOOD at playing WR.

Tell me who are the most athletic WR's in the game, you would probably think are better at RAC than Crabtree; but Crabtree has the best RAC of any WR in the game besides Percy Harvin (among players with at least 60 catches). All while playing on a ball control offense. That is what Jerry Rice was good at. He could run after the catch DESPITE the fact that he wasn't a super track star. It just goes to show how good of a player Crabtree is. To have RAC better than the best athletes in the game means that you have a superior command of your position. I am not saying he is Jerry Rice, but I am saying that he is one of the best pure WR's in the game.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
well, now we kinda have an idea of the money the niners are gonna have to pony up to sign crabs.....5 years at least 27 mill garunteed, 65+ total contract

In the next few years...

Rogers, Whitner, Manningham, Goodwin, Haralson, (maybe even J Smith and Gore) will be off the payroll. We already have Alex, Goldson, Soap, RJF, Walker, Moss off the payroll. They'll mostly be replaced with draft picks.
That should give us barely enough to sign Kap (20 mil), A Davis (7 mil), Iupati (7 mil), Crabtree (12 mil), Aldon (15 mil). That's 61 million in five players, but they are the core players that we need to build around.

Even if we need to let Vernon walk to keep Crabtree, I think that is our better option.
Originally posted by NinerNation:
if we don't extend crabs jerry jones will have crabs in his pants

dez will probably not be cool with crabs in jerry's pants
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

In the next few years...

Rogers, Whitner, Manningham, Goodwin, Haralson, (maybe even J Smith and Gore) will be off the payroll. We already have Alex, Goldson, Soap, RJF, Walker, Moss off the payroll. They'll mostly be replaced with draft picks.
That should give us barely enough to sign Kap (20 mil), A Davis (7 mil), Iupati (7 mil), Crabtree (12 mil), Aldon (15 mil). That's 61 million in five players, but they are the core players that we need to build around.

Even if we need to let Vernon walk to keep Crabtree, I think that is our better option.

vd just had his contract re upped two years ago then re did it to make room for bowman, imo those actions (on his part) as well as the actions of the FO don't really scream of divorce anytime soon. anything can happen I guess, I just don't think its even on the table for next three seasons if at all.
Share 49ersWebzone