LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

We need to extend Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Pay him in white girls!!!

Probably not a good idea at this point.

lol yeah we should wait to see how this all plays out. Either we lock him up or the cops do
That's what she said... Is it too early?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

lol yeah we should wait to see how this all plays out. Either we lock him up or the cops do

LOL.
Making jokes about rape is not cool.

I don't know the man, neither do you. His perceived *primadonna attitude* is a media creation. I am not saying he is innocent, not saying he is guilty. We just don't know. The only thing we can do is wait for the bloated and rather broken justice system to come to the course. Let's remember athletes are often victims of blackmail attempts and false accusations, at the same time they can be arrogant and out of touch with reality, thinking they can do whatever they want. We just don't know.

If he is guilty of rape, I would want him off our team and out of the league forever. But "sexual assault" is kind of nebulous, maybe he just touched a girl's butt when she didn't want it. It's a mystery.

With Roethlisberger and Ray Lewis, who faced very serious charges, it wasn't really clear to me if they were innocent or guilty. I do know Harbaugh has said in the past, hurting women is totally unacceptable.
Maybe it's just me, but this whole Crabtree accusation seems like a setup. Crabs is our most important offensive player because we have no depth behind him. Now the day before the NFC championship game a story comes out accusing him of criminal activity (sexual assault). I'm not sure I buy it. Wouldn't be suppressed if it turns out to be a bogus accusation.

Hopefully this doesn't have any affect on Crabtree's performance or ability to help us win the super-bowl.
He ain't do s**t
Originally posted by Prospector:
Making jokes about rape is not cool.

I don't know the man, neither do you. His perceived *primadonna attitude* is a media creation. I am not saying he is innocent, not saying he is guilty. We just don't know. The only thing we can do is wait for the bloated and rather broken justice system to come to the course. Let's remember athletes are often victims of blackmail attempts and false accusations, at the same time they can be arrogant and out of touch with reality, thinking they can do whatever they want. We just don't know.

If he is guilty of rape, I would want him off our team and out of the league forever. But "sexual assault" is kind of nebulous, maybe he just touched a girl's butt when she didn't want it. It's a mystery.

With Roethlisberger and Ray Lewis, who faced very serious charges, it wasn't really clear to me if they were innocent or guilty. I do know Harbaugh has said in the past, hurting women is totally unacceptable.

That pretty much sums it up. Let's wait for the justice system to run its course. If he's guilty, then we seriously consider our options, if he's the victim, then I think we seriously consider locking him up long term. Definitely not the news I wanted to hear.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

LOL.

Lol I feel I jinxed the guy. I made this post early yesterday morning. I even said in the Tyrann Matheiu Bandwagon thread I hope he gets busted with drugs and falls late in the draft and we pick him! Next thing you know guess what happens? See for yourself in the draft war room lol.
I think the real issue is not that we need to extend Crabtree, but that Crabtree extended himself at the wrong time...
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I think the real issue is not that we need to extend Crabtree, but that Crabtree extended himself at the wrong time...

DING! I was going to say, "we need to extend Crabtree? I think some chick beat us to it..."

Bump!

Last year, I would have said that Crabtree would have signed elsewhere (probably Dallas) because he really wasn't a great fit with Alex. Now, I think he's really enjoying playing with Kaep and will strongly consider re-signing with us. He definitely has benefited from the change.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Bump!

Last year, I would have said that Crabtree would have signed elsewhere (probably Dallas) because he really wasn't a great fit with Alex. Now, I think he's really enjoying playing with Kaep and will strongly consider re-signing with us. He definitely has benefited from the change.

crabtree or greg jennings?
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Bump!

Well, Jennings will get a contract this year, Crabtree could be extended this year, but wont hit FA until either next year or the year after.
Bump!

Well, Jennings will get a contract this year, Crabtree could be extended this year, but wont hit FA until either next year or the year after.

imagine jennings/crabtree/manningham/davis/ertz
Bump!

imagine jennings/crabtree/manningham/davis/ertz

We're not going to have the cap room to sign Jennings. He's going to be looking for a huge contract and if he signs for less, it'll be a home team discount. If you were a WR, signing with Rodgers makes a lot of sense.

Plus, I'd rather save our $$ for Justin Smith and Dashon Goldson. Those guys are big leaders on this team.
Share 49ersWebzone