LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

WWL...you nervous?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That's was so 2012
Originally posted by sacniner:
That's was so 2012

They way I look at it is . . . . we're due for a three or four game winning streak
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
... Said Goodwin on the team's pattern of winning two games and losing (or tying) the third): "No explanation, but it will be a great time to break it. … I think it's a week we have to get up for. Maybe that's something. Maybe we just kind of got in a lull in the regular season after a little success. Can't have that happen now. It's too big of a game and too valuable of a moment."

I hope talk like that has made it around the locker room.

I think the team is well aware of how big this game is. Most of the squad went through last year's crushing NFC Title Game loss. They know what it feels like.

The wildcard this year is CK7. What he did against Green Bay was just off the charts.

I think RoBaugh will anticipate ATL keeping DEs and/or OLBs wide to cut off the QB keep on option plays. Regardless of pre-snap alignment, this will effectively create a light box, with the Falcons' playing strength on the edges. With the line blocking like it has been, Frank should kill them inside. Zone Read play action passing should be very effective, as well.

And the infamous "Wham" on their elementary sized line.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
f**k, f**k, No.
Get outta here w this ishhhh!!!!!
GO NINERS!!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
You guys are going to jinx them.
Originally posted by sspiker:
I'm as worried about this stat as I am about the fact that we lost to Seattle, and Seattle lost to Atlanta, therefore we have no chance against Atlanta.

I'm not too worried about that. Seattle is a different team on the road. If they had played Atlanta in Seattle, it would have been Seattle all the way. I knew Seattle wasn't getting past Atlanta after seeing how they played on the road at Washington. That game was closer than it should have been. The Redskins average defense made the Seahawkes look pedestrian. The only reason they won that game is because they were playing against a one legged RG3.
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
nothing on paper makes me think the falcons have a chance
but i gotta tell ya....this WWL thing we got goin on has me sweatin bullets

tell me im being silly

don't underestimate the falcons. The better will win on sunday. No excuses.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Play-offs are a different story, no issue with one team being more motivated and focused than the other. The regular season results can be thrown out when the play-offs hit.

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I think the difference in this game is the timing of the first round bye, and the fact they lost the NFCCG last year and will be damned if they're going to let it happen again. When they had the bye in the middle of the season, the Rams game was their first one back which they tied. This time, it will be their second game since the bye. The reasons for the losses are never the same:

Vikings - A little overconfident, 10am eastern game, weren't expecting or ready for Peterson.

Giants - Alex has a bad game, throws 3 ints.

Rams 1 - Overconfident, D starts very slow after bye week, Alex is concussed, Rams play very physical. Akers.

Rams 2 - VERY fluky game, safety that wasn't a safety, terrible pitch call by Roman, Kaep runs out of bounds, Walker drops game winner, fluke loss and learning experience for Kap.

Seattle - D exhausted after 90 something plays in NE, two difficult road games in a row, 12th man, slow start, Seattle holding, no Justin Smith.

Most of the things that contributed to these non-wins are not going to affect this upcoming game, a bad game by Kaep which we really haven't seen yet so I am not very worried about happening, the guy has unbelievable poise and focus. The other thing is if the game is close and we have to rely on Akers to win it, that could be a problem..

Niners had the ball 40 minutes against the Pack so the D will be rested especially since it followed a bye week, but not too rested because they just played a very good offense. Overconfidence I know will not be a problem because this is the NFCCG in Atlanta and they remember what happened last year. This "pattern" if you look at it is just a statistical anomaly and will likely be broken this week, ladies.

dammit man... all your "reason" and "logical explanations"
not ...used....too....
Forget all the stats. If the team was 17-0 to this point, I would still be nervous. Its the NFC Championship game!
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
... Said Goodwin on the team's pattern of winning two games and losing (or tying) the third): "No explanation, but it will be a great time to break it. … I think it's a week we have to get up for. Maybe that's something. Maybe we just kind of got in a lull in the regular season after a little success. Can't have that happen now. It's too big of a game and too valuable of a moment."

I hope talk like that has made it around the locker room.

I think the team is well aware of how big this game is. Most of the squad went through last year's crushing NFC Title Game loss. They know what it feels like.

The wildcard this year is CK7. What he did against Green Bay was just off the charts.

I think RoBaugh will anticipate ATL keeping DEs and/or OLBs wide to cut off the QB keep on option plays. Regardless of pre-snap alignment, this will effectively create a light box, with the Falcons' playing strength on the edges. With the line blocking like it has been, Frank should kill them inside. Zone Read play action passing should be very effective, as well.

And the infamous "Wham" on their elementary sized line.

I'm hoping to see some pistol formations with Gore and LaMike. You have two burners that can get to the edge in Kaep and LMJ. Gore can bruise you inside. The other option is you can gear up to stop all the runners and give up the long ball. The offense is finally starting to be explosive like most of us have expected for years since drafting these players.
World Wide Loss
IMO we had 2 bye weeks in a row, can't count the Cards as a real game, so the pattern started VS Green Bay, meaning we do get to the SB and then...
Share 49ersWebzone