LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Was Justin Smith playing at pre-injury level?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
this is a stupid thread , the main purpose of your d line is to apply pressure or get sacks ,ask old Aaron did he feel the heat
[ Edited by 15crabtree on Jan 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM ]
Its impossible to play at pre-injury level if hes still injured. So no.
Defense looked normal because he was back swallowing blockers
Not as effective BUT he still required 2 guys to block him most of the time.

We need another DLine stud in the draft. Justin is "THE" diference maker. Next seaon he'll return after an operation and a year older. This can't wait.

RJF is imporving with more snaps and he needs them. IMO, he's really a back-up that can turn into a good starter BUT not a Justin.

IMO, Dobbs & Tukafu [sp] are VERY unimpressive.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Carhanu21:
I didnt see Aldon put all that much pressure on Aaron last night. Sacks or no sacks, Aldon hasnt been getting it done lately (at least not by his standards)

You weren't watching very closely then. He almost had a sack or two. And I saw countless occasions when he drove his man straight backwards to collapse the pocket on Rodgers.

I agree with SportsFan. Aldon was bringing it. Also, the D Line had a lot of pressures and hits... just not sacks. A.R. was still disrupted, though.
Justin Smith is a monster!!! He may not have had the same amount of push that he normally does, but what he brought was still better than most! Smith is absurdly quick for a man of his size and power. As coach said after the game. "His legend only grows. What a player" Seeing #94 and #21 get a ring this season would probably give me permagrin! Those two guys are 49er legends already IMO! GO NINERS!
I thought our whole front did a good job. Just did very well considering he's playing with pretty much 1 arm. Brooks also had a pretty good day with getting pressure and some big hits on Rodgers.

Rodgers gets the ball out of his hands very quickly and the pressure our D provided made him make quite a few bad throws.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I dont think so.

but he was still pretty damn good.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
No but he was on the field which means he had 4 sets of eyes on him at any given time. You can't buy that sort of fear.
I would say he had one of his average games, but not a monster game like he had against the Giants in last year's NFCCG.

Originally posted by father49er:
I would say he had one of his average games, but not a monster game like he had against the Giants in last year's NFCCG.

Agreed which is perfectly fine by me. He was in much better shape than I expected.

Before the playoffs I set the over/under on 2 playoff games for Justin (Assuming team wins out). There are no current signs, as to why he shouldn't finish out the playoffs
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM ]
Originally posted by father49er:

That would be coming right up.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
No

No, simply this. He was good, but not as good as he was.
  • thl408
Against the run I think he did well holding his spot. Pass rushing it didn't seem like he was getting consistent, strong pressure compared to pre injury. Good game for being a month away from last playing.
Pre injury? No but still very very effective. As for Aldon sure he didn't get a sack but he did bring consistant pressure. Aaron was afraid of those long arms all night long.
Share 49ersWebzone