LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Looking back Now how do you feel about Peyton Manning being a 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It all worked out as it should have. Period. And for the Alex supporters, it will work out for him as well...he's going to be a starter somewhere next year most likely OR he'll stay with his heart-team.
I'll take Colin's super laser cannon arm over the limp noodle of Peyton.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
I'll take Colin's super laser cannon arm over the limp noodle of Peyton.

Yeah, Payton has no zip on the ball anymore. I'll take Kap's cannon over Payton's bb gun.
Originally posted by NCommand:
It all worked out as it should have. Period. And for the Alex supporters, it will work out for him as well...he's going to be a starter somewhere next year most likely OR he'll stay with his heart-team.

I think it'll be KC
Riddle me this Boys... If the cold weather was an issue for Peyton... Why did he sign in DENVER??? Answer...He's an idiot!
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Riddle me this Boys... If the cold weather was an issue for Peyton... Why did he sign in DENVER??? Answer...He's an idiot!

It was his best option. I guarantee the Niners weren't willing to pay 20 mill/per for Peyton, so he went to the Broncos where he secured a top seed in the playoffs and bombed out in the first round. It's not the first time for him.
f**k him
Peyton would of been a good back-up QB.

I think the idea was that there was this window of opportunity with the defense, the O-line, Gore...but lacking the required dynamic QB. They thought they could get a year or two, maybe more, out of a star QB before that window closed. It would be like those rent-players baseball teams get for pennant runs, knowing the guy won't be around next year or two. It seems like a good plan actually, as there was no way to know how good CK would be. It is unlikely even JH thought he would be this good this fast.

It may well have worked as the Niners could give more support to Manning than Denver could and it is entirely possible that he would have led this team to where they are now, with a decent chance to get into and win the Super Bowl. We can only guess why Manning didn't come here, lots of plausible reasons, but it sure worked out well!
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Peyton would of been a good back-up QB.

LMAO! Yeah, he and Alex would have competed and then CK7 would have taken over mid-way through the season anyhow.

• BobS
  • Veteran
It would have been mortgaging the future cap wise for a one year shot, hindsight being 20-20 glad it didn't happen. We would have been in salary cap hell and Kap would not have been discovered until 2014. Without the hindsight at the time I would have wanted Manning.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by NYCNINER:

It was his best option. I guarantee the Niners weren't willing to pay 20 mill/per for Peyton, so he went to the Broncos where he secured a top seed in the playoffs and bombed out in the first round. It's not the first time for him.

No he went to the Broncos because they had a defensive HC who was willing to give total offensive control to Manning.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
f**k peyton manning thats how I feel
18 mil for a one and done
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
18 mil for a one and done

BOOM
Share 49ersWebzone