There are 165 users in the forums

Looking back Now how do you feel about Peyton Manning being a 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Payton Manning would have been the obviously better choice for THIS year, but the cost/benefit ratio just isn't there. Also, Manning is up there in age and with Kaepernick we're building a future.
We all know Payton is a choker in the play offs but I thought that if he came here; since we are much more balance team, that it would help Payton get over the hump and at the same time, he can help us get over the hump as well but when I heard his asking price. Freak that crap!!! What the Freak happen to it's not about the money?

Everything worked out for us. We can keep our defense now and have a QB of the present and future.
[ Edited by sacleads on Jan 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM ]
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If we give him Takeo Spikes' neck we go 19-0

lol!
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
I think Payton Manning would have been the obviously better choice for THIS year, but the cost/benefit ratio just isn't there. Also, Manning is up there in age and with Kaepernick we're building a future.

So you would accept a first round playoff exit?
  • Jiks
Manning $19,000,000
Kaep $680,000
Sure worked out real well for us.
How many years does Kaep have left on his contract?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Didn't want the pressure of playing for a Superbowl Contender, well he can go f**k himself

This ^
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

That's a purely speculative hypothetical.

Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
it worked out perfect

It worked out better than perfect..
Instead of an old q-back for a year or 2 we got a young one that will be here for many years
And the Broncos are gonna be screwed on Paytons contract against the salary cap...
They rolled the dice and didn't come up LUCKY 7...Like us..
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Unless our running back goes down mid game, and our defense allows a 70 yard bomb with under a minute to go it's really not a fair comparsion.

Manning did make a terrible pass in overtime though and is the ultimate reason why they went down, but they easily could had that game wrapped up.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

Extend now! and goldson too while your at it!
Then we'd be unstoppable.
I never wanted Manning. Acquiring Peyton would've required us to blow up this team. I was content to ride with Alex Smith and am I more than satisfied with our bonafide franchise QB in Colin Kaep. And we can wait 2 years before having to extend him. Nice. We have a QB. We can extend Goldson and be geared up to be a Super Bowl contender for the next 2 seasons before we have to make some major decisions after the 2014 season.
Share 49ersWebzone