LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

So we've just won our second game in a row....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
You guys are going to jinx them.
this is different now.

this is for the ring.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I don't believe in jinxes or anything of the sort.
We got this.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
this is different now.

this is for the ring.

It's for the championship, coach.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Now I am really worried. j/p. given the stakes, I HIGHLY doubt we come out flat next week given the stakes.

The only thing to fear is fear itself. We have pound for pound the best team in the NFL. Now let's go out and do some serious mashing.

We got to set the tone.

Walker has forgotten how to catch a football and others are dropping passes as well.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
cmon seachickens..im rooting for you guys so you guys can get your butt kicked at the stick. I think we match up better against the falcons but I think we would be too motivated to lose to seattle in the NFCCG
Let's destroy whomever we play and take numero seis a casa.
They have to try to win several in a row. There is no reason they can't. When clicking on all cylinders they may be the best in all of football. This is just such an up and down team though. You can see a dominant performance and then a total egg laid the next week. I never know what to expect from this team. But when clicking I think they can beat anybody, anywhere.
This all was a joke. It's the playoffs. It's a new year and a different season. Our guys have waited for a whole year to get back to this point. Some have even come out of retirement for this moment. There will be no eggs laid by the 49ers. As far as who we play goes, I'm somewhat leaning towards to Falcons only because I would have the chance to see the game in person. And as sweet as it would be to eliminate the Seahawks, I still would prefer to knock Atlanta out. But in all honesty, it doesn't matter. I think we're better than any NFC team left. For that matter, we're better than any AFC team left. Greg Roman called a good game. We didn't see any foolish play calls and we took care of the football for the most part. We will not be beating ourselves with mistakes and man for man, there isn't a team left in the playoffs that can go toe to toe with us on offense or defense, save for the Seahawks who would be at Candlestick this time around.
All this WWL nonsense is driving me nuts. You probably avoid black cats and walking under ladders too, huh?
Originally posted by captveg:
They'll be ready for the game next week, for sure. The WWL pattern has to be broken at some point - might as well be next week!

The whole thing is bogus anyway. The games we lost can be directly attributed to Akers missed kicks. If he hits those chip shots against the Rams, we aren't having this conversation. It's not like won two games and then got destroyed in the third (save the last game against the Seahawks).
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 13, 2013 at 7:06 AM ]

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Now I am really worried. j/p. given the stakes, I HIGHLY doubt we come out flat next week given the stakes.

The W-W-L rule starts over in the playoffs (like a new season). We'll win the next game and go to the Superbowl...of which the Niner's don't ever lose. #6. That will be a win b/c the Superbowl is it's own 2-week season.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
So, I don't know if you all know this, but our streak is due for a tie, not a loss. Therefore, our next game will end in a tie and go to overtime. As you might have seen today, the official in Denver announced that it was a brand new game with the exception of the overtime rules after their game went into OT (first to possess must score a TD to win). That being the case, the tied game would technically be the next game in the sequence meaning we would win that game, and then the Superbowl.

Well played, well played...
Whatever happened in the regular season means nothing now... Not worried one bit.
It's my birthday, Saturday January 19. Guess what I'm wishin for? QUEST FOR SIX IS IN EFFECT!!!!!!!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I didn't even know a double OT doesn't reset possessions WTF

I didnt either
Share 49ersWebzone