LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good luck wherever you end up, Alex. Wherever that is, I will likely have a second team to strongly support.

( at least you got well paid for the backstabbings, bro! )
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
do you think this will be the last one ?
Originally posted by susweel:

Not a chance in hell
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do not think he is our back up for next year. i think you bring in a vet. if alex was not here and ck got hurt, i would not feel good

Chuck, this is the first post in this thread which is actually on subject. Congratulations.

i also do not want us to spend a draft choice on a quarterback when we need to spend that on a need for a kicker. ck and two kids would make me nervous i guess bring back josh? someone who knows they will not start and is more than ok with coming off the bench. that is just one of the reasons why it would not work to have alex on this team again.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
So what happened to the last thread? Do you guys just delete it entirely where it can't be read anymore?

If you saw Ghostbusters, you will recall the river of red slime which was causing negativity and all the rest of it.

Like them, we have to carefully secure the Alex Smith threads to spare us all from the pulsing waves of negative emotion and evil which throbs from it. Stuff has a half life of 3 billion years, give or take, and all the Alex Smith threads have to be contained in psychically charged areas for that time. In 3 billion years they can be deleted. If we did it before then, the negative energy would destroy the Webzone and possibly the entire planet.

Holy s**t. Didn't realize it was that serious. Thank you for saving our planet. Phew, that was close.

Who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters!!
i do not think he is our back up for next year. i think you bring in a vet. if alex was not here and ck got hurt, i would not feel good

Chuck, this is the first post in this thread which is actually on subject. Congratulations.

i also do not want us to spend a draft choice on a quarterback when we need to spend that on a need for a kicker. ck and two kids would make me nervous i guess bring back josh? someone who knows they will not start and is more than ok with coming off the bench. that is just one of the reasons why it would not work to have alex on this team again.

yeah i have to agree also. Alex probably already knows that barring a miracle, he's probably will never start for us again. Being that he is still a little on the Young side, has seen literally every damn offense you can imagine. I dont think he'd have a problem fitting in anywhere he goes. I know we have talked about all the places he could end up, and with Roman, without, with Norv, etc. I just feel that Smith will go to a team almost like ours. Except, they wont have to have the no1 defense in the league, we just need 3 things for him to be successful, good line, good to great HC and OC, and top notch WR's. I cant see him going to a team that has nothing solid in the organization and has to rebuild. I think he's gonna wanna go to a team thats not far or maybe 1 or two pieces away from a playoff apperance. Being that one of the missing pieces is good QB.
I hope they let Kap run wild, knowing that we have a solid backup in Alex. Im not saying I want Kap to get hurt, just that I hope he isnt restrained from running.
Originally posted by susweel:

We may find out after Saturday. Hell break loose if Colin goes 20-40 with 4 INTS. Which is why it may be better for Alex to request a trade and try and get on another team. It will eat him up inside if the starter begins to lose games.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Good luck wherever you end up, Alex. Wherever that is, I will likely have a second team to strongly support.

Great post but he may get stabbed in the back again because he is too nice. Smitty had every right to go postal after getting benched and he should have seized the opportunity.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Great post but he may get stabbed in the back again because he is too nice. Smitty had every right to go postal after getting benched and he should have seized the opportunity.

True! he had to have known his time was done after the Chicago game, or even the NO game. Keeping quiet may end up hurting him as other coaches may view a lack of fire. Although, it could be viewed as good thing as to someone who wont disrupt the locker room when he gets benched.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

why waste the energy. right there he knew he was gone so take the high road and learn a lesson from others,, do not burn bridges

why waste the energy. right there he knew he was gone so take the high road and learn a lesson from others,, do not burn bridges

Normally I would agree about taking the high road but I think this was a special circumstance where nobody would fault him for speaking his mind and expressing anger.

Maybe Tolzien -- I mean baby Brees -- NO, I mean baby Smith.
I am shocked at all the chatter I have seen recently about Alex Smith's value. Many folks don't think he is worth more than a late round draft pick. Others think he is overpaid at $8M. Still others have the audacity to think that he should accept a pay cut and stay a 49er backup.

What the f**k does this poor guy have to do to prove his worth? Over his last 30 or so starts he is statistically one of the best QBs in the league. You can't deny his efficiency, decision making, ability to read a defense, and accuracy. At least half the teams in the NFL would have won more games this year with Smith at QB than they did with the bums they currently have. He is also young. Just at the beginning of the prime playing years of his career.

People want to say that he sucks without the genius Harbaugh.... as if he was a puppet. True, Harbaugh may have given Smith the instruction he needed to get his career on track. But that doesn't mean that Smith can't take those lessons learned with him.

Smiths ability and age make him easily worth a 2nd round pick for any team in need of a QB. If he hits FA, I guarantee he will get a better deal than the one he has now.
would any of the Alex Smith fans buy his jeresey if he goes to a different team?
Share 49ersWebzone