There are 240 users in the forums

Who Needs to Win More on Saturday? Ques from NFL AM

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who Needs to Win More on Saturday? Ques from NFL AM

At this point - We, the Fans need it most!
I need this win, The Org needs this win, we all need this win !!! and keep the winning going !
This team should win this game with either Kap or Alex, we have much more than just a hot hand qb to compete with and make it to the SB.

Both Kap and Alex can deliver, so answer is THE TEAM!!!
Originally posted by guillotine31:
Because it's surprising that people are so confident in Smith's ability despite evidence to the contrary against NYG and MIN. Furthermore, CK7 passes the eye test, in that he adds two dimensions to the attack that Alex Smith did not. People defending the decision assume detractors are starting from the basis that the end result was going to be a Super Bowl with Alex BECAUSE there is no other logical reason for thinking Alex was the better choice.

The decision was not fair. Plain and simple. That's really tough for people to come to grips with. It's not about fair. I have confidence in CK7 in pretty much any setting but @ Seattle. Fortunately, we don't have to deal with that.

If we get down quick in any game, I'm not as confident in Alex. I don't think anyone can tie stats to it or true logical reasoning. It's just a gut feel.

And how did Kaep look against the Rams? Seahawks? Yes, Alex has had bad games. So has every QB. The bottom line is that Harbaugh has made his choice, he'll live with it. He has the luxury of being here next year and the year after ... Go ask Frank Gore what it would mean to him to hear that Kaep is playing now, not because he gives the team the best chance to win now but because we are looking to the future. Alex Smith gave this team the best chance to win this year. Period. He is the type of QB you want in the playoffs with our running game and defense. He is not a simple game manager - he proved that against the Saints - but is savvy enough to not turn the ball over -
If Kaep wins this Saturday, it'll justify the switch over from Smith.

If we win the NFCC game, it'll make everyone think that Harbaugh did the RIGHT thing by choosing Kaep over Smith.

If we win the SB, Alex will be a thing of the past.
Harbs gets to find out if he made the right decision.....this game is the deciding factor on whether or not the QB chance was the right decision.....all other games dont matter.....this is the game that Harbaugh gets to prove what kind of genius and the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh he is.....LETS GO HARBALLIN
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by susweel:
E. Davis----"Ok, how can you ask who needs it more. It's a loaded question. The team needs it more. I mean I understand what your saying. Harbs made the change because he felt that Kaep would take them farther this year. Simple as that, now if it doesnt pan out then so be it, and Harbs will have to answer some questions. But i mean you guys act like they were guarenteed to win a SB with A. Smith. He made a decision, and if it was the wrong one, then he'll have to atone for that. But it was his decision."

bingo
c/s. Nationally folks didn't stop s**tting on Smith til he was benched. Before that he was just meh. Now magically his play would guarantee a SB victory.

This.

Don't tell that to Marshall Faulk who thinks Kaep has been "OK" and not improved our offense, when he passed for more yards in less games than Alex did.
Yes because half of the Packer squad already has a Super bowl ring whereas the only player on our team that has one is Manningham even if
Originally posted by midrdan:
And how did Kaep look against the Rams? Seahawks? Yes, Alex has had bad games. So has every QB. The bottom line is that Harbaugh has made his choice, he'll live with it. He has the luxury of being here next year and the year after ... Go ask Frank Gore what it would mean to him to hear that Kaep is playing now, not because he gives the team the best chance to win now but because we are looking to the future. Alex Smith gave this team the best chance to win this year. Period. He is the type of QB you want in the playoffs with our running game and defense. He is not a simple game manager - he proved that against the Saints - but is savvy enough to not turn the ball over -

Placing the word "Period" after an opinion doesn't make it a fact. I disagree with you opinion, I think Karpernick gives the 49ers as good or better chance to win as Smith.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
depends on if and how we lose. CK has nothing to lose. If he loses the game for us, no big deal, he's unexperienced and will get better. Harbaugh will take that bullet for not sticking with Alex.

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Harbs gets to find out if he made the right decision.....this game is the deciding factor on whether or not the QB chance was the right decision.....all other games dont matter.....this is the game that Harbaugh gets to prove what kind of genius and the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh he is.....LETS GO HARBALLIN

The team could win or lose this game with either QB, the result won't validate or invalidate the qb switch for me.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JayPap:
This team should win this game with either Kap or Alex, we have much more than just a hot hand qb to compete with and make it to the SB.

Both Kap and Alex can deliver, so answer is THE TEAM!!!

They didnt even mentioned Alex on this topic

but we all need to win
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
If Kaep wins this Saturday, it'll justify the switch over from Smith.

If we win the NFCC game, it'll make everyone think that Harbaugh did the RIGHT thing by choosing Kaep over Smith.

If we win the SB, Alex will be a thing of the past.

Unfortunately, this first game is "the Kaep game", after that, Smith and Kaep will be even on playoff wins, so then people can shut the hell up and focus on the game itself.
Originally posted by susweel:
E. Davis----"Ok, how can you ask who needs it more. It's a loaded question. The team needs it more. I mean I understand what your saying. Harbs made the change because he felt that Kaep would take them farther this year. Simple as that, now if it doesnt pan out then so be it, and Harbs will have to answer some questions. But i mean you guys act like they were guarenteed to win a SB with A. Smith. He made a decision, and if it was the wrong one, then he'll have to atone for that. But it was his decision."

bingo

+1
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

The team could win or lose this game with either QB, the result won't validate or invalidate the qb switch for me.

IT wont??
Share 49ersWebzone