There are 254 users in the forums

Vernon Davis / Kaepernick and our WR's route trees.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
I think its time to trade Vernon, he makes too much money to just be a blocking TE.

I knew I'd see this one coming when I cam here but I still did this just outta curiosity what do u think we should get for him? I hope he will retire a Niner, dude is a mismatch made in heaven!
i do not want to trade him but i am getting tired of everyone telling me how he is a mismatch made in heaven. If this is true then why the hell are we not using this mismatch made in heaven? is it the fault of ck? is it he fault of vernon? is it the fault of f**kface roman? is it the fault of Jh the god? i am getting so sick of hearing how great he is and then he sets there with one catch for four yards after a game

breathe cciowa...breathe..
i thank you for your concern but my post about vernon still stands and i stand by the fact roman is a f**k face
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
I think its time to trade Vernon, he makes too much money to just be a blocking TE.

I knew I'd see this one coming when I cam here but I still did this just outta curiosity what do u think we should get for him? I hope he will retire a Niner, dude is a mismatch made in heaven!
i do not want to trade him but i am getting tired of everyone telling me how he is a mismatch made in heaven. If this is true then why the hell are we not using this mismatch made in heaven? is it the fault of ck? is it he fault of vernon? is it the fault of f**kface roman? is it the fault of Jh the god? i am getting so sick of hearing how great he is and then he sets there with one catch for four yards after a game

breathe cciowa...breathe..
i thank you for your concern but my post about vernon still stands and i stand by the fact roman is a f**k face

Vernon is a mismatch...

...if we have a LB covering him man and Vernon is not running any routes that require him to get out of his breaks quickly.

Man, dare I say it...Vernon is a great talent but he is...limited.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Vernon is a mismatch...

...if we have a LB covering him man and Vernon is not running any routes that require him to get out of his breaks quickly.

i just can not believe it is good for our team when walker gets more balls thrown his way than vernon. there is something wrong with that picture and it has been proven more than once on the field
Kaep has been trying to hit vernkn with a deep the last 3 games. Hes to slow or kaeps overthrows. Eitber way theyre trying to get him involved but with this lroduction his contract is a waste.
Vernon is a mismatch...

i just can not believe it is good for our team when walker gets more balls thrown his way than vernon. there is something wrong with that picture and it has been proven more than once on the field

Vernon is not effective vs double teams. What's more frustrating is that it is a simple double team to keep him from getting open deep. He has a LB underneath but still can't that LB on 6 yard square routes where he has the option to cut in either direction considering the open area. He is so bad at his breaks that a LB can easily recover and get the tight coverage.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Vernon is a mismatch...

Vernon is not effective vs double teams. What's more frustrating is that it is a simple double team to keep him from getting open deep. He has a LB underneath but still can't that LB on 6 yard square routes where he has the option to cut in either direction considering the open area. He is so bad at his breaks that a LB can easily recover and get the tight coverage.
you are supposed to make me feel better about vernon joe. sometimes i expect to much out of you
This may be immaterial, but remember the first game of the year when Vernon scored the TD and tried to dunk the football and got rejected. I think his elite athleticism is already starting to fade (slightly) and when that starts to go, he doesn't have the tools of a Tony Gonzalez or Jason Witten to continue to be productive.

If we could get a first rounder for him, I would seriously consider the offer.
Saving him for the playoffs......when defenses know that he only throws to Crabs and Waler......THATS when we going hit em with a little VD.......hopefullly hahaha
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This may be immaterial, but remember the first game of the year when Vernon scored the TD and tried to dunk the football and got rejected. I think his elite athleticism is already starting to fade (slightly) and when that starts to go, he doesn't have the tools of a Tony Gonzalez or Jason Witten to continue to be productive.

Or he has short arms.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Or he has short arms.

Vernon will be unleashed this saturday... wait and see!
He never has been a hands catcher, which is how he got the concussion this year. Jumping for no reason to catch a pass with his body and getting rocked. I like Vernon a lot but I've always had an issue with his poor hands and Delanie as well. Something we should perhaps address in this years draft, with Delanie becoming a free Agent. One player I like a lot is Eifert from ND, he reminds me of the Gronk. If there's a chance to get him I think we should go for it.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Jan 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM ]

The team is winning so I see little fault with any of them.

Think back on what this team was doing for 8 years prior to JH and Roman coming to town.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Jan 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM ]
Originally posted by rxrunner:
i dont think its davis with the issue, i believe its the lack of chemistry with kaep and davis. kaep and walker have better chemistry with each other than davis

This! It showed in the multiple overthrown deep passes to V.D. since Kaepernick has started. Don't be surprised to see Vernon open up the passing game for Crabs and Moss.
Vernon is a mismatch...

Are you actually watching the games? How about this - when teams stack the box with 7 or 8 players and Frank Gore runs into a wall, do you jump to the conclusion that we should trade Frank Gore? Again, and this is not that hard to understand, when Davis releases and goes down field, a safety watches him over the top. That means the safety is NOT watching Walker if he also goes down field so Walker is open. This is defense 101. Do you get it? And please don't pretend that a QB can throw it to Davis even if he is covered. He's not a natural receiver like a Jimmy Grahm or a Tony Gonzolez, but he's a better all around TE.
Share 49ersWebzone