LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Crabtree's NFL ranks among WRs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by activENEX4:
W/o moss crabtree wuld not have had the success hes had this year

If you mean without Moss' mentoring, cool. But if you mean Moss being on the field is the reason Crabtree was catching the ball and gaining first downs, no. Just no. Randy Moss has nothing to do with Crabtree fighting for YAC and getting clutch first downs after the catch. You cannot credit anyone but Michael Crabtree for that.
from my piece with Legbreaker from yesterday:

Crabtree hauled in 67% of passes thrown his way, 5th best in the league behind Jason Witten (73%), Eric Decker (69%), Andre Johson (68%), and Wes Welker (68%) - that's some elite company.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1072-upon-further-review-wildcard-weekend/

Yeah because Moss has taken so many snaps this season
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:

Yeah because Moss has taken so many snaps this season

Pretty ridiculous statement unless he meant w/o Moss' mentorship, then its debatable.

Until Manningham got hurt Moss was playing about 20% of our snaps and about 50% of those were in single WR sets.
Now is the time where legends are made. The stats don't stop counting just yet
Originally posted by SaksV:
Yep. Jerry Rice was what, 6'1" 1/2 195 - 200?

few teams had effective 6 foot WRs back then and the 49ers had 4 at one time.

Jerry was big and pedestrian by the standards of the 80s.

its crazy how fast the league adapted and 6 foot became standard.

could you imagine how a 6 1 180 pound WR that runs a 4.7- 4.8 would be treated in today's draft environment?
Originally posted by KegBert:
Midway through the season I was calling him Mr. 3rd down. I'm scrappin that though. Now he's Mr. 1st down... Dude moves the chains.

My family and friends call him that and I heard an announcer call him that the other day. But Mr. 1st down does make a lot more sense because he can get it done on 4th downs as well.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Either you guys who are downplaying what Crabtree did this year or either haters or didn't watch a game. Crabtree was the best WR in the NFL over the last half season besides Megatron and Dez Bryant.

Crabs looks like an offensive cornerstone.

he might not be a rice, but the guy is a Irving or Mcaffery.

Clearly a non-bust keeper
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Midway through the season I was calling him Mr. 3rd down. I'm scrappin that though. Now he's Mr. 1st down... Dude moves the chains.

My family and friends call him that and I heard an announcer call him that the other day. But Mr. 1st down does make a lot more sense because he can get it done on 4th downs as well.

Washingtonpost.com (stats llc) has Crabtree ranked second in the league converting 3rd and long (7+). Reggie Wayne had one more conversion.

Crabtree is tied for 5th converting all 3rd downs.
Share 49ersWebzone