LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Crabtree's NFL ranks among WRs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I remember when a 1000 yards used to mean something the new bar is 1500.

Should be when about a dozen QBs a year now throw for over 4,000 yards
Originally posted by BobS:
I remember when a 1000 yards used to mean something the new bar is 1500.

Should be when about a dozen QBs a year now throw for over 4,000 yards

It's all about the attempts. 1500 yards is expected for top WR's if their QB's are throwing near 40 times a game.
I'm not sure how many agree with this but Crabtree definitely has the speed to be effective on 9 routes. Unless he's a player who runs faster with the ball as that's all instinctive. A few times this year, he has separated the distance between him and DB's when he has been running with the ball after the catch.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Michael Crabtree fined $10,500 for throwing a ball into stands following his TD. Safety issue -- NFL doesn't want fans battling for balls.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Michael Crabtree fined $10,500 for throwing a ball into stands following his TD. Safety issue -- NFL doesn't want fans battling for balls.

If I every get hit in the nose by one of those balls (will never happen due to my amazing hands), I will sue for $100k!
I'd consider him a top 10-15 receiver consider how many targets he gets. I hope Manningham can make a full recovery. I'm not expecting to see him most of 2013 The unfortunate thing is (possible benefit to the 49ers) is that he may not get as much when his contract expires in 2013.

Nevertheless, the combination of an emerging Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, AJ Jenkins, and Kyle Williams (assuming he heals up fine as well) can be pretty potent if we learn to take advantage of ALL of our receiving options. And this doesn't even include Vernon Davis.

What I also like about Crabtree is that he seems to want to go out there and be the man, be the playmaker so to speak. It's all fine with me as long as he continues to play the way that he has.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

If I every get hit in the nose by one of those balls (will never happen due to my amazing hands), I will sue for $100k!

Assuming it is $10K because he did it twice, that means Gore got fined $5,250 for throwing the ball into the stands after his TD as well.
Either you guys who are downplaying what Crabtree did this year or either haters or didn't watch a game. Crabtree was the best WR in the NFL over the last half season besides Megatron and Dez Bryant.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Jan 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Crabs did have a good year he did really well in YAC seems a bit faster than before. Still dont think he has top end speed to take the top of the defense, hopefully AJ can be that guy in the future.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Crabs did have a good year he did really well in YAC seems a bit faster than before. Still dont think he has top end speed to take the top of the defense, hopefully AJ can be that guy in the future.

AJ dropped a pass for a 1st down, dont think he has any future..... or
unless we get a coach that actually know the position....

Midway through the season I was calling him Mr. 3rd down. I'm scrappin that though. Now he's Mr. 1st down... Dude moves the chains.
Originally posted by activENEX4:
W/o moss crabtree wuld not have had the success hes had this year

Without Vernon Davis neither would have accomplished anything. -Teams are so stupid they still lock Vernon up in double coverage, but still can't cover Moss, Crabs, or Walker at the same time.
I don't care what people say about his size and speed because the dude has a shiftyness to the way he moves that freezes defenders at times. Patrick Peterson looks like a fool most of the time he is trying to cover Crabs because half the time he doesn't seem to know where to expect Crabs to go. This tells me that Crabs has greatly improved his head and hip movement on routes to give nothing away to the defender. I personally think he has above average acceleration too which helps beat the first defender trying to tackle him after a catch, which he does extremely well also.
Man if Kap could just get into a rythm with Vernon we would be sick.
This is a whole new Crabtree. He was playing better all year long and these last few games he has showed potential to be a top 10 WR.

I dont see him attracting double teams, but that could be by design since he isnt running many deep routes.
Share 49ersWebzone