LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Crabtree's NFL ranks among WRs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by activENEX4:
W/o moss crabtree wuld not have had the success hes had this year

Disagree. Crabtree deserves all the credit this season. For all the hype,(and i like hat he has brought to the table) Moss wasnt even better than Morgan was in 2010. Noone, including myself(who as one of his biggest critics) can take anything away from the season he had this year.
Hey, he has more yards than Cruz.
Crabtree might not be physically gifted regarding top end speed...but he sure makes some elite CBs look silly sometimes. His route running and awareness after the catch is crazy.

with the type of athletes in today's NFL on defenses...you're hard pressed to get BIG Play TDs on most occasions..someone will have an angle and catch up to you or slow you down. So I think Crabtree is just fast enough, where his other abilities allow him to get just as much out of a play as someone who might be perceived "quicker". He is decisively strong though.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 3, 2013 at 2:35 AM ]
W/o moss crabtree wuld not have had the success hes had this year

you act like they are always on the field together.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Crabtree might not be physically gifted regarding top end speed...but he sure makes some elite CBs look silly sometimes. His route running and awareness after the catch is crazy.

with the type of athletes in today's NFL on defenses...you're hard pressed to get BIG Play TDs on most occasions..someone will have an angle and catch up to you or slow you down. So I think Crabtree is just fast enough, where his other abilities allow him to get just as much out of a play as someone who might be perceived "quicker". He is decisively strong though.

His awareness of where the secondary is this season has been uncanny. His first few seasons it worried me, as it seems he would alays try that same spin move, and end up right in a DB tackleing lane.

This season his awarness has been amazing, and he has shook guys out of their cleats, made them look silly tackleing air, and had enough speed to turn on the jets and outrun them. Thats not even the most impressive, the most impressive has been his reliability on third downs. Really impressed this season with Crabs
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

His awareness of where the secondary is this season has been uncanny. His first few seasons it worried me, as it seems he would alays try that same spin move, and end up right in a DB tackleing lane.

This season his awarness has been amazing, and he has shook guys out of their cleats, made them look silly tackleing air, and had enough speed to turn on the jets and outrun them. Thats not even the most impressive, the most impressive has been his reliability on third downs. Really impressed this season with Crabs

Agree. Crabs had the skills for a long while. I remember him fighting in a Green Bay game we lost a couple of seasons ago. I saw some ridiculous skills. Under Moss' tutelage it was like Moss came in with a sledgehammer and smashed open his potential. How fortunate the Niners are to have HoFers like Rice, Sanders and Moss dropping knowledge on this guy. Not taking anything away from Crabs at all.
This is the first season where I can see why they picked him so high. I'm glad he turned out. It just took a long time.
B4 moss got here crab or KINGCRAB as he refers himself to was still a immature diva who had no chemistry with his qb because he hadnt put in the time and effort. Hopefully he can build off this sucess hez had these past 6 or 7 weeks and continue to develop into the #10 overall pick he was suppose to be.
Moss takes the defence number one defender when hes on the field
His season was not all that great. He had 3 or 4 great games and then the rest wer mediocre

How do I attatch a comment to my post so I can show wat im replying to
How do I attatch a comment to my post so I can show wat im replying to

You hit the quote button under the response.

But your simply wrong about crabtree this year. He had a great year all season, especially moving the chains on third down.

Look i was one of his biggest critics, and even i was extremely impressed. You simply cannot give anyone credit besides crabtree. He was extremely impressive. Not Moss, not the QB's not anyone. Crabtree had a great season and deserves his own credit.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
You hit the quote button under the response.

But your simply wrong about crabtree this year. He had a great year all season, especially moving the chains on third down.

Look i was one of his biggest critics, and even i was extremely impressed. You simply cannot give anyone credit besides crabtree. He was extremely impressive. Not Moss, not the QB's not anyone. Crabtree had a great season and deserves his own credit.

Impressive yes. Great no. hes shown great ability and signs that he can be great but hes still a average wr. I need to c more b4 I can forgive him for holding out on us wen we used a #10 pick on him
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Some of the greatest receivers ever weren't 6'3" and over 200 pounds. Crabtree can defintely be in the conversation of any receiver in the game right now. Half the receivers named in the so called upper echelon have a garbage or mediocre running game forcing the qb to throw a more than we have to. You dont have to be 6'3" 230 to be a prototypical WR. Crabtree has indeed grown into the total package.

Yep. Jerry Rice was what, 6'1" 1/2 195 - 200?

And Rice was "slow", like Crabtree. Rice was also very quick, like Crabtree.
Quickness and acceleration are more important than raw speed at any position, including WR.

People seem to forget...

-- The difference between 4.5 and 4.4 is about 2ft over a 40 yard sprint.
-- Running 40 yards in a straight line is a rare event in football.
-- Being able to accelerate, change direction, and sell a route, creates anywhere between 0 - 1 seconds of separation. In other words, much more than a couple tenths of a second.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jan 3, 2013 at 3:27 AM ]
Comparing crab to rice in any other then theyve both suited up for the 49ers is idiotic
Share 49ersWebzone