There are 273 users in the forums

Has the Defense become weaker than the Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Has the Defense become weaker than the Offense?

GB will get their numbers, but our D works WITH the offense in order to win games. Now we know we can win in a shootout with the best of them, and the D will do what it has to in order to secure the victory. This is a BALANCED team, and i wouldn't want it any other way.
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Sep 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM ]
tackle drills are a must this week with that slippery hobbit and physical backs coming up in baja canada next sunday
Calm down everyone. That was Aaron Rodgers on fire. They missed some tackles. They played off sometimes when they should have been up close. But, the bottom line is that this was Aaron Rodgers and the Packers - one of the best offenses in the league. It's not going to be like this every week. No way.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
GB will get their numbers, but our D works WITH the offense in order to win games. Now we know we can win in a shootout with the best of them, and the D will do what it has to in order to secure the victory. This is a BALANCED team, and i wouldn't it any other way.

Exactly. The takeaway from this game is that the Niners can get into a shootout with an awesome offense and win. The Niners racked up just six yards short of 500 yards of offense.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah, Rodgers is one of the best QBs in the league. No way you're holding him under 300 yards. You have to outscore them to beat them and I think our D did a good job today minus the missed tackles. I actually think our offense left some plays on the field with the Vernon drop and the Kyle Williams under throw.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
GB will get their numbers, but our D works WITH the offense in order to win games. Now we know we can win in a shootout with the best of them, and the D will do what it has to in order to secure the victory. This is a BALANCED team, and i wouldn't it any other way.

Exactly. The takeaway from this game is that the Niners can get into a shootout with an awesome offense and win. The Niners racked up just six yards short of 500 yards of offense

Our gaudy offensive numbers were because of the offense we were keeping up with. I'm sure Harbs would prefer more domination on the ground game aspect of the offense, giving our defense the opportunity to lay waste to the opposing offense. I think that is the '49er Football' that we're all used to seeing.
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Sep 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM ]
Not too many teams can say a top 5 defense CAN be their weakness =D
Kaep won a shoot out of sorts against the top Qb in the game.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Now ain't that somethin!
Aaron Rodgers makes any defense look average. The problem was the offense not being able to score after the defense gave them back the ball.

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Not too many teams can say a top 5 defense CAN be their weakness =D

this all the way
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Seriously? The O is not stronger than the D. The offense is better than last season, and definitely better with C. Kaep. at QB, with all kinds of room for growth too. But better than the D? I don't think so! Certainly opposing offenses are doing a better job against us this season (like more quick throws to blunt our pass rush, and chipping/doubling Aldon), but lets not get ahead of ourselves here fellow fans. Our D is the corner stone of this team. And let us never forget it!!

Well, we all want what you're saying to be true. But it's not. We had two sacks all game against Rogers. Bad. Really bad. Repeatedly could not stop them. And our crap tackling gave them 14 points when we could have only given 6.

That's just unacceptable.

Here's who missed tackles in hte 1st half to keep Green Bay in the game:

Bowman;
Reid;
Cox;
Asamougha;

Hey, these are our go-to guys. This is bad, dude. Really bad.

Personally, I think this is a real indictment of the coaching plan.

If we can't teach our guys to tackle, what are we doing? I have no idea. Picking our butt, counting aldon's fantasy sacks. That's what we're doing.

Really displeased. And again, we were paralyzed by the Rogers/McCarthy mystique from sending people, even though though Rogers was picking us apart with absolutely no pressure coming from anyone on the line.

We got burned in the first half. We didn't adjust at halftime.

Our D is a sponge. The gameplanning looked static as usual. And no Lemonhead to top it all off.

There seems to be some kind of seniority pecking order that seems to be interfering with sending in different looks/people, and it's hurting us. I don't know where its coming from.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
tackle drills are a must this week with that slippery hobbit and physical backs coming up in baja canada next sunday

LOL wicket!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Now ain't that somethin!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Seriously? The O is not stronger than the D. The offense is better than last season, and definitely better with C. Kaep. at QB, with all kinds of room for growth too. But better than the D? I don't think so! Certainly opposing offenses are doing a better job against us this season (like more quick throws to blunt our pass rush, and chipping/doubling Aldon), but lets not get ahead of ourselves here fellow fans. Our D is the corner stone of this team. And let us never forget it!!

Well, we all want what you're saying to be true. But it's not. We had two sacks all game against Rogers. Bad. Really bad. Repeatedly could not stop them. And our crap tackling gave them 14 points when we could have only given 6.

That's just unacceptable.

Here's who missed tackles in hte 1st half to keep Green Bay in the game:

Bowman;
Reid;
Cox;
Asamougha;

Hey, these are our go-to guys. This is bad, dude. Really bad.

Personally, I think this is a real indictment of the coaching plan.

If we can't teach our guys to tackle, what are we doing? I have no idea. Picking our butt, counting aldon's fantasy sacks. That's what we're doing.

Really displeased. And again, we were paralyzed by the Rogers/McCarthy mystique from sending people, even though though Rogers was picking us apart with absolutely no pressure coming from anyone on the line.

We got burned in the first half. We didn't adjust at halftime.

Our D is a sponge. The gameplanning looked static as usual. No Lemonhead.

no "i love you" ... that's ok... you had me at "Picking our butt"
Share 49ersWebzone