LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

49ers sign Billy Cundiff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VA49er:
Does this kicking battle really matter? You have a shaky and injured Akers. So the answer to that is to make him kick his tail off for two weeks? If he's healthy enough to do that then he probably is just a head case at this point. If he isn't then Cundiff probably should kick. Simple as that. Cundiff does not make me sleep better at night. Either one of these guys could cost us a game. So if they succeed then its a good news story. I sort of hope we just forgo field goals over 40 yadrs. I mean if you are between your opponent's 27 and 35 just go for it. If you fail to get the kick you are 7 yards behind the line of gain. Heck even most sacks wouldn't leave you in that bad a spot. If you fail to get the first you maintain or maybe improve your field position. Don't put our D in a bad spot. Last game we had a better 4th down conversion percentage than 3 point conversions.

Agree. Just go for it and not worry a bout the field goals unless we have too!
Hooray... sign the one guy who can make akers look like ray wersching... smh
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by susweel:
MM on csn said that expects Cundiff to get the job just based on his observations.

keep both...Akers for kick offs cundiff for FGs
cundiff has the stronger leg
and so far the most accurate

Sounds like a winning combination to me
it does...but i rather would have Cundiff risk less injury on a kick off ..because if he gets hurt from kicking injury or trying to tackle someone, then were back to square one

You can't use an extra spot on a kicker just cuz you're worried the starter is gonna hurt...I say we pick one and roll with it.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
MM on csn said that expects Cundiff to get the job just based on his observations.

keep both...Akers for kick offs cundiff for FGs
cundiff has the stronger leg
and so far the most accurate

Sounds like a winning combination to me
it does...but i rather would have Cundiff risk less injury on a kick off ..because if he gets hurt from kicking injury or trying to tackle someone, then were back to square one

You can't use an extra spot on a kicker just cuz you're worried the starter is gonna hurt...I say we pick one and roll with it.

It's been done before....I think we even done it when joe nedney was hurt and only kicked FGs
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
[ Edited by jimrat on Jan 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM ]
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch The #49ers have waived K Billy Cundiff.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

In akers we TRUST!
Originally posted by VDSF:

In akers we TRUST!

I don't.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i wonder who fills the roster spot?
Originally posted by THEB:

I really hope it's Eric Bakhtiari

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i am very worrying about Bill Cundiff give us for failed in playoff if he will kick the missed goal and keep fail? I will be upset for seroius.. I want Bill Cundiff must practice for kick the balls the goal and keep practice to kick for 2 hours or 3 hours a day and all weeks because playoff is very serious and championship for important!!

This! This!!! must this!! Go Niners!

I knew.. Cundiff is still sux cux he got waived? .. we should not sign him period!!

I knew.. Cundiff is still sux cux he got waived? .. we should not sign him period!!

Well, I think JH did it to motivate Akers.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

Well, I think JH did it to motivate Akers.

JH did sign to Cundiff? Maybe Akers was worrying about his loss job then. JH will chance to give Akers get serious to chance time and keep focus the kick the goal than missed the goal line. Hope so! Go Akers!
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by THEB:

I really hope it's Eric Bakhtiari

lol his 867th chance with the team
Share 49ersWebzone