There are 267 users in the forums

49ers sign Billy Cundiff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i am very worrying about Bill Cundiff give us for failed in playoff if he will kick the missed goal and keep fail? I will be upset for seroius.. I want Bill Cundiff must practice for kick the balls the goal and keep practice to kick for 2 hours or 3 hours a day and all weeks because playoff is very serious and championship for important!!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i am very worrying about Bill Cundiff give us for failed in playoff if he will kick the missed goal and keep fail? I will be upset for seroius.. I want Bill Cundiff must practice for kick the balls the goal and keep practice to kick for 2 hours or 3 hours a day and all weeks because playoff is very serious and championship for important!!

THIS IMO FWIW TBPH
If Cundiff misses a game winning field goal in the playoffs... God help us all... We're talking riots in the streets of SF...
Cundiff is/seems like a well spoken dude. I like him, but Akers is our guy.

Didn't John tell Jim about what happened last year?
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Jan 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by carioca49er:
If Cundiff misses a game winning field goal in the playoffs... God help us all... We're talking riots in the streets of SF...

if akers misses it would be the same,, pick your poison,, go with the hot foot and after one day of practice that is billy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Cundiff is seems like a well spoken dude. I like him, but Akers is our guy.

Didn't John tell Jim about what happened last year?

akers has blown two games, his misses last week were cream puffs, he can kick it to about the ten yard line,,, i think its anyones job right now
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
What is the hurry to make a decision?

1. I just want this to be over and not have to deal with this on game week
2 if we do switch kickers,, i would like to have lee get as many reps with billy as possible
3 if akers is indeed hurt then its easy and quick , put him on injured reserve, take your chances with billy, hope for the best and hope akers is strong next year

that last one was tough to type with all of the "hopes" in there

Those are fair points.
1. I understand but I want to be sure that the team has the best guy out there.
2. I can't imagine that there is not enough time every day for Lee to get in his punts and as many reps with Lee and Akers that they are capable of because none of them practice very hard.
3. I am not sold that a healthy Cundiff is better than a hurt Akers based on how each has performed this year.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I like what I am hearing about Cundiff. Like many others I hear his name and only think about that botched kick in the AFC championship. I tend to overlook that the guy was pretty much automatic anything inside 55 for the Ravens all season before that.

I think Akers is still hurting from that groin or whatever injury he had. Maybe heal him up and he will be good next year and in the meantime we can use this guy. Just hopefully we don't have to put him in position to win a game in the clutch.

I am quoting myself because I want to at least have this pointed out.
wow, you have alot of people inside of you

Over/Under is 5 at the moment.
your multiple personalities class must be a hoot. lot of name tags to fill out

Me, Myself, and I are starting to feel really crowded around here. And that doesn't even count the other voices.......
Cundiff was a good kicker when he kicked for the Cowgirls. after that idk what happened to him in his other stints but he's still an upgrade over David Fakers
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
What is the hurry to make a decision?

1. I just want this to be over and not have to deal with this on game week
2 if we do switch kickers,, i would like to have lee get as many reps with billy as possible
3 if akers is indeed hurt then its easy and quick , put him on injured reserve, take your chances with billy, hope for the best and hope akers is strong next year

that last one was tough to type with all of the "hopes" in there

Take a kicker in the draft and cut ties with both these clowns in the off season. One of these fools is going to cost us.

if harbaugh goes w/ cundiff that will be a huge mistake.....this ass clown talked about going home to phoenix to be with his family over the weekend and then coming back next week. shouldn't u be here practicing all weekend mr cundiff? its the playoffs!

akers has been a beast and he just hit a 54yd fg in seattle i'm sticking w/ akers if i'm harbaugh...the players support him (ie vernon's comments on akers after arizona game)
Originally posted by iLL49er:
if harbaugh goes w/ cundiff that will be a huge mistake.....this ass clown talked about going home to phoenix to be with his family over the weekend and then coming back next week. shouldn't u be here practicing all weekend mr cundiff? its the playoffs!

akers has been a beast and he just hit a 54yd fg in seattle i'm sticking w/ akers if i'm harbaugh...the players support him (ie vernon's comments on akers after arizona game)

The players have this weekend off. Why would he not go home?
He looks like an ugly tore up Buster Posey

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Take a kicker in the draft and cut ties with both these clowns in the off season. One of these fools is going to cost us.

that does not help us now but this is probably the best idea I have heard yet
Originally posted by Squidp:
The players have this weekend off. Why would he not go home?

cuz he needs to work w/ andy lee and jennings on snap/hold/kick?!?!?!
Share 49ersWebzone