LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Anyone else worried about retaining the current Niners coaching staff?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kelpie70:
No not really concerned. If Roman goes then Ault is out there. If Vangio goes there are enough good coaches on staff to step up or who are now available since the firings. If Brad goes then we replace him. Not lie our special tems where lighting it up this year anyways. Bottom line, we need more depth next year capable of producing, not bench warmers. We have lots of draft picks next draft ans we need to use them wisely.

No.
Not worried.

The guys I'd hate to see leave would be Solari & Rathman.
Greg Knapp as OC = zone read w/ Gore

KUKUKU
Originally posted by Ballistic:

KUKUKU
The same Greg Knapp who's been a garbage coordinator more often than not and just got s**t-canned by the Raiders after their offensive stats went down in every single measurable way? No thanks.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not worried.

The guys I'd hate to see leave would be Solari & Rathman.

I would add tomsula to that list. I love that guy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pat Shurmur, WCO, good with young quarterbacks,

Wouldn't be upset with Norv, whichever team ends up with him is getting an OC for a long long time as Norv is never getting another head coaching job.

i thought the same thing after we hired him
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ballistic:

KUKUKU
The same Greg Knapp who's been a garbage coordinator more often than not and just got s**t-canned by the Raiders after their offensive stats went down in every single measurable way? No thanks.

If roman goes, im firmly in the Norv Turner camp.

I know the wories about differantsystem and terminology, but personally i think Norvs offense combined with harbaughs in some sort of hybrid fashion would be a match made in heaven, and we would have him as long as e ant him since he is never going to be a HC again.
Teams can block interviews of position coaches for Coordinator jobs, just cant block move to HC.
If Lord Vic leaves, then give Horton a look. With the speed of this defense and the way they hit, Horton's schemes at Arizona would work wonders here.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
If roman goes, im firmly in the Norv Turner camp.

I know the wories about differantsystem and terminology, but personally i think Norvs offense combined with harbaughs in some sort of hybrid fashion would be a match made in heaven, and we would have him as long as e ant him since he is never going to be a HC again.

I think it would be a perfect match, Norv LOVES the running game, and likes using it to setup longer passes down the field. He's quite competent in calling both running and passing plays.

On the downside, Cowboys are supposedly looking for an OC so as long as Norv doesn't mind working for one of his former QB's, I really can't see him going anywhere else, especially with the time it might take Roman to get hired somewhere.

Originally posted by Grifter420:
If Lord Vic leaves, then give Horton a look. With the speed of this defense and the way they hit, Horton's schemes at Arizona would work wonders here.

Yes, Horton's going to make a lateral move as a defensive coordinator when he has head coaching offers up the ying-yang? This of course also ignores all those pesky issues about Horton still being under contract as defensive coordinator for the Cardinals.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 31, 2012 at 1:56 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
^No Norv he bailed before, so he can't comeback.
It's the price teams pay for success. Now we get to see how much of that success is from Harbaugh's system or Roman's play calling.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
It's the price teams pay for success. Now we get to see how much of that success is from Harbaugh's system or Roman's play calling.

Seeing how Harbaugh was ready to roll with either Roman or Shaw coming out of Stanford, I'm guessing its the former and not the latter.
Originally posted by titan:
^No Norv he bailed before, so he can't comeback.

I don't care if he dropped a deuce on Jed York's doorstep, he's always had a terrific offensive mind and has been a good coordinator.
Share 49ersWebzone