There are 237 users in the forums

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Losing the 2nd seed- Learning experience

Losing to the Rams- Learning experience

Playing like s**t against the Dolphins- Learning experience

fumbling the ball 4 times in one game- Learning experience

Running backwards into the endzone for a safety- Learning experience

Throwing into tripple and double coverage- Learning experience

Not throwing to a wide open Crabtree on a bubble screen- Learning experience

Calling an audible with 3 seconds on the clock- Learning experience

Having to simplify the offense at half time- Learning experience

Besides NE, throwing 1 td pass in garbage time in the last 4 games- Elite

Staring down receivers- Learning experience

Throwing across his body twice- Learning experience

Overthrowing receivers- Alex Smith experience

You would like to be "experiencing" these things in the first 6 games of the season.
Then from the 6th-12th game you got it down
Then 12-16th games you are playing in high level and NOT "experiencing" things in the first 6 games.
I'm on the S.B bandwagon until the fat lady sings ,Its a 49er for life thing.
Originally posted by JD9671:
I'm on the S.B bandwagon until the fat lady sings ,Its a 49er for life thing.

Im all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Until Coach Harbaugh jumped the gun, or jumped the QBs, I thot we had a legit chance. But putting in a rook and expecting to learn how to read D's at LOS, and which check down plays to call....well, that is a bridge to far for me. I don't see us getting past one win in playoffs. Nor do i see Coach H sucking up his guts and putting alex back in...which honestly I believe would give us a better shot at a SB try and win. JH is going with the better athlete...by far... but who is way behind on the learning curve of reading D's and changing plays accordingly. How could any one expect a rook to learn D sets in a mere 5 weeks. I still am puzzled at a guy who was the legitmate Coach of the Year last yr, making an off the wall change wth 4 games left to go in the season.
When he had his atrial fib cause him left chest pain, his AF was determined to be significant...and just prior to that, sometimes he made weird O game plans or O calls. Maybe it was due to his untreated AF, maybe not. But I wonder if he was truly compos mentis when he jumped Kap over alex. It is easy to see the better athlete, the better physique...but it is also easier to see a guy trying to do the impossible...learn in 4 weeks what it takes virtually all qBs a yr, some 2 or 3yr, maybe even 4 yrs to get the D reads down...and the check offs called to match. After this week I hope we win at least one game, and would love to see more. But wth Coach H's decision, I can't see us doing much damage deep into playoffs. Oh, and did i mention a Justin-less D? that is another killer and again drops our odds.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Until Coach Harbaugh jumped the gun, or jumped the QBs, I thot we had a legit chance. But putting in a rook and expecting to learn how to read D's at LOS, and which check down plays to call....well, that is a bridge to far for me. I don't see us getting past one win in playoffs. Nor do i see Coach H sucking up his guts and putting alex back in...which honestly I believe would give us a better shot at a SB try and win. JH is going with the better athlete...by far... but who is way behind on the learning curve of reading D's and changing plays accordingly. How could any one expect a rook to learn D sets in a mere 5 weeks. I still am puzzled at a guy who was the legitmate Coach of the Year last yr, making an off the wall change wth 4 games left to go in the season.
When he had his atrial fib cause him left chest pain, his AF was determined to be significant...and just prior to that, sometimes he made weird O game plans or O calls. Maybe it was due to his untreated AF, maybe not. But I wonder if he was truly compos mentis when he jumped Kap over alex. It is easy to see the better athlete, the better physique...but it is also easier to see a guy trying to do the impossible...learn in 4 weeks what it takes virtually all qBs a yr, some 2 or 3yr, maybe even 4 yrs to get the D reads down...and the check offs called to match. After this week I hope we win at least one game, and would love to see more. But wth Coach H's decision, I can't see us doing much damage deep into playoffs. Oh, and did i mention a Justin-less D? that is another killer and again drops our odds.
I tend to agree. I think Kaepernick and a depleted WR core can win 1 road game. But asking them to win 2 in the playoffs is too much
Since you naysayers feel we can't win the SB how bout you do the rest of us a favor and go root for the team you think can! Also, when we do win don't come back and jump on the f@cking bandwagon!
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Since you naysayers feel we can't win the SB how bout you do the rest of us a favor and go root for the team you think can! Also, when we do win don't come back and jump on the f@cking bandwagon!

Thank you!
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by hofer36:
worried about qb change---havent seen anything from kaepernick to suggest he is on a par with russell wilson

Really? Because he's looked better his first 6 games than Russell Wilso had his first 6. Keep in mind that Kap is asked to do more offensively than Russell Wilson is asked to do.

Like what?
The Giants lost 5 of their final 8 games in the reg season last yr. They still won the Superbowl.

How many teams in this league could go on the road against New England and become the first visiting team to win a December game there in a DECADE and then go on the road against Seattle and finished that road trip 2-0?

The Niners lost a tough road game to a div rival. It's not the end of the world. IF we meet Seattle in the playoffs it's going to be in San Francisco. And IF that happens the Niners will probably have Justin Smith back while the Seahawks will be without Sherman. I like our chances.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Kaepernick isn't a rookie.

It makes total sense that fans who don't watch practices and have no idea if bad plays in games should be blamed on the qb, the receiver or the playcalling would have better judgement then Harbaugh on who should start at qb.
I don't understand how we lose to such random ass teams.

WE BEAT THE DAMN PACKERS,SAINTS, LIONS .SEAHAWKS,BEARS AND THE PHUCGGIN PATRIOTS!

I think this last loss was something of an oversee type thing. Maybe Harbros has a plan.
Harbaugh knows a thing or two about qbs in the NFL. If he feels that Kaepernick gives us the best chance to win then you can be damn sure he didn't make that decision lightly.
Where theres a will theres always a way. We are in the playoffs. Playing in the NFL is all about winning a SB. We have a chance, which is what you cant say about most other teams at this point of the season.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I don't understand how we lose to such random ass teams.

WE BEAT THE DAMN PACKERS,SAINTS, LIONS .SEAHAWKS,BEARS AND THE PHUCGGIN PATRIOTS!

I think this last loss was something of an oversee type thing. Maybe Harbros has a plan.
The Seahawks are not a random team. They are deadly at home and have been kicking ass lately
Share 49ersWebzone