LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

The Pistol Offense and Running Out of Shotgun

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anybody realize that after every timeout we fail on the follow up play? I think we migh be in negative yards after timeouts.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Doesn't matter what style, it's play calling and execution. We had neither

Playcalling is and has been horrible, no rhythm or reason to it, just utterly mind-boggling that a team with this much offensive talent can routinely look so absolutely underwhelming.

IMO all we need to do is run the damn ball. Gore is our best player.

6 runs 28 yards. Roman should be walking
Originally posted by jreff22:
Anybody realize that after every timeout we fail on the follow up play? I think we migh be in negative yards after timeouts.

What really pissed me off was taking a delay of game penalty after a kickoff and a f**king TV timeout. That is unacceptable. It took everything i had not to smash my f**king TV.

People want to blame the 12th man, but this s**t is nothing new.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Dec 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

What really pissed me off was taking a delay of game penalty after a kickoff and a f**king TV timeout. That is unacceptable.

It's ok because rookie growing pains are great learning experiences right before the playoffs.......

What really pissed me off was taking a delay of game penalty after a kickoff and a f**king TV timeout. That is unacceptable.

It's ok because rookie growing pains are great learning experiences right before the playoffs.......

Seriously

Eh, it's what the majority are happier with though.
36 passing attempts to 12 runs. Balance? Ok we were down early but abandoning the run in the loudest adium of the league, and when your QB is cold as ice that sounds like trouble.
I think everyone should prepare for the fact that the 49ers are very good, but not good enough to win the SuperBowl. Colin Kaepernick
is not going to set records or anything. He will be fine with an offseason and maybe another weapon or two. Remember Gore is winding down
Hunter, Davis, and Manningham are out. Moss is not what he was and Delanie is unreliable. What do you expect? he's got Crabtree and thats it.
We'll make the playoffs and make a run but that's it. We can't win it all with everybody hurt.
I dont like the way things went last night but dont get down on our team. Yea the playcallin was suspect but u have to face it we were outmaned from the start plus they jumped on us so quick we never had a chance to get into our rhythm but iagree that spread offense sucks it takes away the strengh of our best player "gore". The crowd really made a difference. We got our ass kicked by a good team in conditions too much to overcome I jist hope haughbaalke see that depth is our enemy anytime 1 man can make such a difference not neing there. Still we have an awesome organization dont turn into eagle fans
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
So sick of seeing 3 rb and pistol. Just run the regular offense with Kaep. He is fine. See Chicago game. All day under center. Drop back. Play action. Run Gore. Stop being cute and out smarting urself Roman
Originally posted by Eeks:
So sick of seeing 3 rb and pistol. Just run the regular offense with Kaep. He is fine. See Chicago game. All day under center. Drop back. Play action. Run Gore. Stop being cute and out smarting urself Roman

This. Run the regular offense, stop with this college-gimmick b******t.

This is exactly what Im talking about.
They're treating him like he can't run a normal offense, he was fine vs Chicago.
Run the ball first with Gore and open up the play action game. That's all we did vs the bears and it worked
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
DELETE THE PISTOL OFFENSE FROM OUR PLAYBOOK PLEASE

Whenever we run now we run out of the damn pistol formation or Shotgun

That's not utilizing Gore to thebest way possible. I formation with a fullback leading the way is Gore's game

Gore was averaging 5.5 yards a carry without the pistol offense (when Alex started) and now averages barely 4 yards a carry with the stupid college offense crap.

We need to go back to when we were the best rushing team in the league and power run. We came out passing today and failed miserably.

Run the ball, feed Frank and LaMichael.

That is all.
hard to change the entire offense late in the year to accomidate one player. I think is wrong and mostly why at times we look totaly lost. Outside of the Chicago game the defense as given the offense so many chances we take advantage of a few but not enough of them. Gimmick college offense equals fail in nfl
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

This is exactly what Im talking about.
They're treating him like he can't run a normal offense, he was fine vs Chicago.
Run the ball first with Gore and open up the play action game. That's all we did vs the bears and it worked
Remember Chicago stayed in thier base defense most of the game. The rest of the teams he has faced have really mixed things up and he seems confused about what play change to make if any. When he decides it is to late to make the change.
  • vaden
  • Veteran

What really pissed me off was taking a delay of game penalty after a kickoff and a f**king TV timeout. That is unacceptable. It took everything i had not to smash my f**king TV.

I heard on knbr that we lead the league in first quarter and third quarter timeouts.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by hofer36:
we havent run as well in 2nd half of season as we did in first half--that is something to obsess over given that the team was built for a power running game

A. Frank Gore has been wearing down towards the end of the season for the past couple of seasons

B. Kendall Hunter's injury hurt this team more than people might accept. He was a valuable guy to give Gore a breather and still be damn productive, LaMichael James hasn't come close to equaling the production that was lost as a result of that injury.

Yet this season gore hasnt wore down at all. His YPC has been really good in the second half of the season, with the exception of the loss in STL.

He had a 4.6 yard per carry average tonight. He only got 6 carries. The problem isaint his production its the gameplan for the carries that he does get. He has become an after thought under Kaep, where as he was the bell cow under AS.

that is how i see it too
Share 49ersWebzone