LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

The Pistol Offense and Running Out of Shotgun

Shop Find 49ers gear online
DELETE THE PISTOL OFFENSE FROM OUR PLAYBOOK PLEASE

Whenever we run now we run out of the damn pistol formation or Shotgun

That's not utilizing Gore to thebest way possible. I formation with a fullback leading the way is Gore's game

Gore was averaging 5.5 yards a carry without the pistol offense (when Alex started) and now averages barely 4 yards a carry with the stupid college offense crap.

We need to go back to when we were the best rushing team in the league and power run. We came out passing today and failed miserably.

Run the ball, feed Frank and LaMichael.

That is all.
This thread wont get locked.
Doesn't matter what style, it's play calling and execution. We had neither
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

Im not talking about this game Im talking about the last 5 weeks

Playcalling is and has been horrible, no rhythm or reason to it, just utterly mind-boggling that a team with this much offensive talent can routinely look so absolutely underwhelming.
  • Veteran
I know one thing, this is no West Coast Offense.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Playcalling is and has been horrible, no rhythm or reason to it, just utterly mind-boggling that a team with this much offensive talent can routinely look so absolutely underwhelming.

IMO all we need to do is run the damn ball. Gore is our best player.
Originally posted by 190836:
I know one thing, this is no West Coast Offense.

This. I remember when Harbaugh was hired, all the talk about bringing back the WCO and how they were going to the vault to get the old tapes from Bill Walsh....and at first, for a little while, it did look that way but now, its just a mish-mash, randomly thrown together combination of college gimmick plays and other odds and ends.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. I remember when Harbaugh was hired, all the talk about bringing back the WCO and how they were going to the vault to get the old tapes from Bill Walsh....and at first, for a little while, it did look that way but now, its just a mish-mash, randomly thrown together combination of college gimmick plays and other odds and ends.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
IMO all we need to do is run the damn ball. Gore is our best player.

both of these, I completely agree.
We dont know how to score in the redzone. and we cant keep a drive rolling.. idk who to blame on that one.. Roman? Kap?

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
both of these, I completely agree.

Its like Roman found an old copy of Jimmy Raye's playbook stashed away, tore out all the pages including plays for Vernon Davis, then combined it with a college offense playbook from the 1970s.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
DELETE THE PISTOL OFFENSE FROM OUR PLAYBOOK PLEASE

Whenever we run now we run out of the damn pistol formation or Shotgun

That's not utilizing Gore to thebest way possible. I formation with a fullback leading the way is Gore's game

Gore was averaging 5.5 yards a carry without the pistol offense (when Alex started) and now averages barely 4 yards a carry with the stupid college offense crap.

We need to go back to when we were the best rushing team in the league and power run. We came out passing today and failed miserably.

Run the ball, feed Frank and LaMichael.

That is all.

First 3 plays, pass, pass, pass. Why? Gore has run wild on these guys. Harbaugh/Roman getting to excited with their new toy. Downfield throws are not effective or as much as they were when it was a surprise. And CK forces way too many balls to Moss. Pistol is gimmicky, won't last.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
We dont know how to score in the redzone. and we cant keep a drive rolling.. idk who to blame on that one.. Roman? Kap?

Both.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
First 3 plays, pass, pass, pass. Why? Gore has run wild on these guys. Harbaugh/Roman getting to excited with their new toy. Downfield throws are not effective or as much as they were when it was a surprise. And CK forces way too many balls to Moss. Pistol is gimmicky, won't last.

Agreed.
Gore OWNS the seahawks every year
He had 131 yards on just 16 attempts and 50 yards receiving when we played them earlier this year. So disappointing to see how were using him
Share 49ersWebzone