LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Yes. In all honesty, I'd rather someone else take care of the Hawks for us.

Personally, I don't think our defense is fast. They hit hard, but they're not fast. But the barometer I'm using here is our front-seven trying to keep up with a scrambling Russell Wilson... I don't think any defense is fast enough to really keep pace with him or a healthy RG3. And there's also the read-option to deal with.

The Packers are an easy study- they can't run the ball, their defense is generally terrible, and Rodgers is a great pocket passer with the ability to occasionally scramble. You keep Rodgers from picking you apart and you win. Our defense can contain him if he tries to run.

So first give me the Packers without a doubt. Then give me the Falcons or a banged up RG3 Redskins. I just don't want to see Wilson scrambling away from our big boys like Justin Smith & Ray Mac, who can sack the crap out of Rodgers & Ryan, but will always have a hard time keeping up with the Levi Jeans model.
It was either PFF or Football Science that rated out linebacker corps as the fastest in the league and our secondary is very fast by comparison with the rest of the league. What you're seeing with Wilson is quickness. He's a little guy who darts around kind of like Fran Tarkenton.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
da fuk? our LB's are some of the fastest in the league. And if it weren't raining, Wilson would've been sacked multiple times.
  • Jiks
He-Moss

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Jan 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
He-Moss

AND THE MOSSTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
We play the Packers...Christian Ponder OUT for today's game per NBC.
Originally posted by NCommand:

we'll get a good look at how the Packers will defend a QB similar to the psychical talent of Colin (Webb is more agile, imo).....heck their offensive approach should look similar to ours. Colin is more accurate and that should be the difference, and with us also having better receivers (and maybe coaching?).

If Rodgers goes off, Vikes are done...but if the Vikings defense plays well again...then the Vikes have a chance still.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by NCommand:

we'll get a good look at how the Packers will defend a QB similar to the psychical talent of Colin (Webb is more agile, imo).....heck their offensive approach should look similar to ours. Colin is more accurate and that should be the difference, and with us also having better receivers (and maybe coaching?).

If Rodgers goes off, Vikes are done...but if the Vikings defense plays well again...then the Vikes have a chance still.

Agreed...Vikings will lean heavily on the run game, defense and ST and "manage" the passing game now; ironically, they could look a lot like we did with Alex week 1 where we kept Rodgers on the sideline and Gore, VD and Alex dominated them in Lambeau with the refs aiding them every chance they got.

And now, like you said, if they use Webb more from a Q/Pistol, we'll have a nice blue print for attacking them. Either way, the Packers are going to see a different Niner team...way less effective in the run game, more down field passing and mobility at the QB position, questionable defense (as of late) and poor ST's (as of late minus James).

Could be interesting!

PS: The good thing is that the Vikings OL might be forced to pound the DL good and that could benefit us.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM ]
At least the Pack didnt get a chance to prepare for Webb. Hope Minn sets up some boot legs and PA passes to take advantage of Webb's legs.

I hope the Vikes beat up the Pack tonight. I don't expect them to win but playing them 2 weeks in a row may have an effect, a few bumps and bruises come next week.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
I hope the Vikes beat up the Pack tonight. I don't expect them to win but playing them 2 weeks in a row may have an effect, a few bumps and bruises come next week.

Why we haven't beaten the Vikes in decades, if anything I'd rather face the Pack.
ok, it will be GB. Joe Webb is and exxon valdes at QB
Originally posted by diablo:
ok, it will be GB. Joe Webb is and exxon valdes at QB

He's big, dumps oil, and is driven by an inebriated captain

he does suck though. AP will have to win this game single-handedly.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Why we haven't beaten the Vikes in decades, if anything I'd rather face the Pack.

9ers can't face the Vikings anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone