LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Washington home dog, interesting.
With 2 weeks rest I think we'll take care of whomever we play next week.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

just had a dream that they were down 17-7 in the 4th against seattle.
I'm going to make a bold prediction, (oh, oh, lol), in looking at the 49ers schedule versus the Seahawk's schedule this year, I think the 9ers last lost to the Seahawks was a result of fatigue as my opinion is that the 49ers had a much harder schedule coming off of a much harder opponent in the prior week. I believe, if the 49ers have to face them again in candle stick, I think they will end up winning that game by two touchdowns. Having said that, I don't believe however that the Seahawks get past the redskins (redskins win 28 - 21), I think the Vikings beat the pack 35 - 20, I predict the Bengals to beat the Texans 35 - 17, And the Colts beat the Ravens 28 -13, just predictions, for the fun of the bye week, lol.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Vegas is trying to bankrupt Seattle
Originally posted by niteshade80:
I'm going to make a bold prediction, (oh, oh, lol), in looking at the 49ers schedule versus the Seahawk's schedule this year, I think the 9ers last lost to the Seahawks was a result of fatigue as my opinion is that the 49ers had a much harder schedule coming off of a much harder opponent in the prior week. I believe, if the 49ers have to face them again in candle stick, I think they will end up winning that game by two touchdowns. Having said that, I don't believe however that the Seahawks get past the redskins (redskins win 28 - 21), I think the Vikings beat the pack 35 - 20, I predict the Bengals to beat the Texans 35 - 17, And the Colts beat the Ravens 28 -13, just predictions, for the fun of the bye week, lol.

damn you like the under dogs son lol
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by niteshade80:

damn you like the under dogs son lol

lol, I know right, just some wild predictions, for the spirit of the playoffs, lol, I was also seeing articles in which it was stated that the 9ers had issues with winning 3 games in a row in consecutive weeks, I somehow do not feel that way as the pro bowl will give an added week off if they do make it to the super bowl, and if this is the case scenario-I'm almost completely sure none of their players will be in that game and would be rested for the Super Bowl. Go 9ers!!!, lol
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
U really think the Seahawks would come into Candlestick and beat us?????

Can we at least not pretend that's not possible? Give the Seahawks their due. They deserve it. They're a very good team this year. I can easily see the Niners knocking them out at home in the NFC championship game. But there is no way I'm sure about that. Come on. The Seahawks just got finished knocking the Niners around worse than any team this season.

This is exactly my point. If you think the Hawks are the same team from October, you're truly mistaken. Whether in Seattle or not, they took it to us and that was our worst game of the year. We got outcoached and outplayed. I know we were gassed from the Pats game, but come on, even if we weren't I still think we lose that game. I respect the hell out of them for what they've done this year. They are for real whether anyone of us believes that or not. This is why I don't want to face them if we don't have to, because there's a bigger chance they beat us at our house than any of the other teams in the NFC playoff field, plus by the time we'd meet them in that Championship game, who knows where we'll be health wise. You just never know and I'll take my chances with GB/WAS/ATL/MIN first.

We can't play Minnesota or Atlanta first.

I know this but id rather play them all over the Hawks was my point
Rooting for the Vikings tonight!
I'm liking that there's almost zero hype on the 49ers right now, it's like the calm before the storm.

Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm liking that there's almost zero hype on the 49ers right now, it's like the calm before the storm.

And i get the feeling from the media that they're saying we wont beat the Packers should they come to SF just like they said about the Saints last year. I think we'll come out hitting hard just like in that game and hit their WRs again to mess up Rodgers' timing and force him to make plays with his feet. I just hope we come ready to play!!!!! These guys are already saying of all the NFC playoff teams that the Packers look strongest to make a run. I aint buyin that!!! Their defense hasnt really gotten that much better has it??????
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Yes. In all honesty, I'd rather someone else take care of the Hawks for us.

Personally, I don't think our defense is fast. They hit hard, but they're not fast. But the barometer I'm using here is our front-seven trying to keep up with a scrambling Russell Wilson... I don't think any defense is fast enough to really keep pace with him or a healthy RG3. And there's also the read-option to deal with.

The Packers are an easy study- they can't run the ball, their defense is generally terrible, and Rodgers is a great pocket passer with the ability to occasionally scramble. You keep Rodgers from picking you apart and you win. Our defense can contain him if he tries to run.

So first give me the Packers without a doubt. Then give me the Falcons or a banged up RG3 Redskins. I just don't want to see Wilson scrambling away from our big boys like Justin Smith & Ray Mac, who can sack the crap out of Rodgers & Ryan, but will always have a hard time keeping up with the Levi Jeans model.

it really isn't a matter of our defense being fast although we can be. It's just a matter of containing him which we did a poor job of doing. RG3 and Wilson are dangerous because their very quick and agile but I've seen them pressured enough to know that they can be stopped. I think Wilson does a much better job than RG3 at being poised after being pressured so much but it's too bad the guy can't really throw from inside the pocket because he's so darn short.
This BYE week was critical for us when you consider the status of guys such as Justin Smith
Lol at Randy Moss's twitter pic.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Lol at Randy Moss's twitter pic.

fail of a post.
Share 49ersWebzone