LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I thought Wash has a top run d?

So was ours and we couldn't stop him.

True. We'll see though, they aren;t pushovers down low.
adderall

....and lots of skittles
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
U really think the Seahawks would come into Candlestick and beat us?????

Can we at least not pretend that's not possible? Give the Seahawks their due. They deserve it. They're a very good team this year. I can easily see the Niners knocking them out at home in the NFC championship game. But there is no way I'm sure about that. Come on. The Seahawks just got finished knocking the Niners around worse than any team this season.

This is exactly my point. If you think the Hawks are the same team from October, you're truly mistaken. Whether in Seattle or not, they took it to us and that was our worst game of the year. We got outcoached and outplayed. I know we were gassed from the Pats game, but come on, even if we weren't I still think we lose that game. I respect the hell out of them for what they've done this year. They are for real whether anyone of us believes that or not. This is why I don't want to face them if we don't have to, because there's a bigger chance they beat us at our house than any of the other teams in the NFC playoff field, plus by the time we'd meet them in that Championship game, who knows where we'll be health wise. You just never know and I'll take my chances with GB/WAS/ATL/MIN first.

Can we at least not pretend that's not possible? Give the Seahawks their due. They deserve it. They're a very good team this year. I can easily see the Niners knocking them out at home in the NFC championship game. But there is no way I'm sure about that. Come on. The Seahawks just got finished knocking the Niners around worse than any team this season.

This is exactly my point. If you think the Hawks are the same team from October, you're truly mistaken. Whether in Seattle or not, they took it to us and that was our worst game of the year. We got outcoached and outplayed. I know we were gassed from the Pats game, but come on, even if we weren't I still think we lose that game. I respect the hell out of them for what they've done this year. They are for real whether anyone of us believes that or not. This is why I don't want to face them if we don't have to, because there's a bigger chance they beat us at our house than any of the other teams in the NFC playoff field, plus by the time we'd meet them in that Championship game, who knows where we'll be health wise. You just never know and I'll take my chances with GB/WAS/ATL/MIN first.
Originally posted by Beezy33:

We can't play Minnesota or Atlanta first.
So looking forward to the end zone being painted red. Love it.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
So looking forward to the end zone being painted red. Love it.

That is an indescribably beautiful sight.

As for not having a game this weekend I'm totally fine with that. As much as I love watching niner ball, we need this bye week big time. Also It will be kinda nice to sit back this weekend and "scout" our possible competition.
If Minnesota wins, they go play Atlanta next week and the winner of the Redskins-Seahawks game comes to play the Niners. If the Packers win, they come to SF and the winner of the Redskins-Seahawks goes to Atlanta. At least that's the way I think it's going to work this year. The only way the Niners get all home games in the playoffs is if the Packers win and then we beat the Packers and then the Seahawks beat the Redskins and Atlanta and come to SF.
If Minnesota wins, they go play Atlanta next week and the winner of the Redskins-Seahawks game comes to play the Niners. If the Packers win, they come to SF and the winner of the Redskins-Seahawks goes to Atlanta. At least that's the way I think it's going to work this year. The only way the Niners get all home games in the playoffs is if the Packers win and then we beat the Packers and then the Seahawks beat the Redskins and Atlanta and come to SF.

Atlanta has home field advantage

Yes, but if the Seahawks beat the Redskins and then go beat the Falcons, the first seed will be out and the last game gets played in SF assuming the Niners beat the Packers (assuming the Packers beat the Vikings.)

Yes, but if the Seahawks beat the Redskins and then go beat the Falcons, the first seed will be out and the last game gets played in SF assuming the Niners beat the Packers (assuming the Packers beat the Vikings.)

You're thinking too far ahead

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
who are u rooting for? who do want to come to SF?

Whenever we make a team 1 dimensional and force them to pass we usually win. (basically a team without a great running back)
Ex this season: Packers, Lions, Jets, Bills

Whenever we play a team that runs well against us we struggle more
Ex: Vikings, Seahawks twice (we barely beat them the 1st time).

Packers are one of the most one dimensional teams in the league.
In order I'd want to play the Packers, Vikings, then Seahawks.
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jan 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i want the packers then the falcons.

Doesn't matter who Atlanta plays, as long as they lose. So the Vikings can win and then go and beat Atlanta and we beat whoever we play from Redskins of Seagirls. It doesn't have to be the Packers winning.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by Beezy33:

Yes. In all honesty, I'd rather someone else take care of the Hawks for us.

Personally, I don't think our defense is fast. They hit hard, but they're not fast. But the barometer I'm using here is our front-seven trying to keep up with a scrambling Russell Wilson... I don't think any defense is fast enough to really keep pace with him or a healthy RG3. And there's also the read-option to deal with.

The Packers are an easy study- they can't run the ball, their defense is generally terrible, and Rodgers is a great pocket passer with the ability to occasionally scramble. You keep Rodgers from picking you apart and you win. Our defense can contain him if he tries to run.

So first give me the Packers without a doubt. Then give me the Falcons or a banged up RG3 Redskins. I just don't want to see Wilson scrambling away from our big boys like Justin Smith & Ray Mac, who can sack the crap out of Rodgers & Ryan, but will always have a hard time keeping up with the Levi Jeans model.
Share 49ersWebzone