LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

NFC West Champs! 2nd seed!! (End of Reg Season)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The icing on the cake is if the Seahawks lose to the Rams at home (aren't they undefeated in the division)

VERY possible. I'm sure the Rams are PUMPED up for this game.... they feel ready for next year, and this would be a great way to finish the season. The Seahawks just embarrassed us on National Television, after we almost embarrassed the Patriots at New England. The Rams will be at their best. We'll see how the Seahawks bounce back after an emotional big win against us.

also the Vikings playing the Packers at home....they almost beat them at Green Bay. The Vikes have something to prove as well, and will get in to the playoffs if they win. Packers are playing to keep their first round bye.

we have the Cards, which we should win...but you can't take them lightly with a different QB starting... you never know. But I still feel those other teams have tougher match ups than we do this Sunday. We just have to take care of business on our end.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I hope our team will come into this game as hungry for a win as the Seahawks did last night.
We desperately need this bye to let players heal up and get recharged.
We'd better not take the opponent lightly either. This is still an NFL game after all.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Yes, people are acting like it's a forgone conclusion that the Packers will win. I'm not so sure. The game is in the Vikings dome. The Pack doesn't play well in domes. The Vikings must win to get into the playoffs. The Pack is already assured of a playoff berth and a home game. Niners still could get that bye with a win on Sunday.

Except the Pack are probably gunning for the 2nd seed as much as we are.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace52:
I hope our team will come into this game as hungry for a win as the Seahawks did last night.
We desperately need this bye to let players heal up and get recharged.
We'd better not take the opponent lightly either. This is still an NFL game after all.

This.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
That's what i'm saying. A bye is not necessarily a ticket to the SB. I want to see 4 dominating games in the playoffs

True, but a bye would be great to rest up and possibly get people back from injuries

I'm 50/50 on it; cause let's say we don't get the bye and we won't have Justin Smith/Manningham back, we still end up hosting the Bears as the #3, and won't need even a complete roster to take care of them (and then we'll have back against the Pack all the players we'd get back in the Divisional round if we had a bye).

hopefully Cuttler will play drunk again.... I remember MNF a few years ago
The Seahawk game is over. A few mistakes led to the blowout. Russell Wilson played like Christian Ponder did earlier in the season. Guys are anointed as the Next Big Thing after one game. The NFL has coaches working 24/7 to shut down what someone does best. Let's see what Harbaugh and staff come up with both Ponder and Wilson if we meet in the Playoffs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Every game is a must win game for the 49ers. Do not take the cards lightly!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I also fully expect the 49ers to win easily

Hoping for a big game from Kaep, Crabtree and Aldon on Sunday to wrap up the division.

As another poster said ever game from here on is a must win. Lets go.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Ya, if only we could have already shown we could beat them @ Lambeau or something

Until Green Bay gets a good running game they don't really worry me.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Packers are getting all their injuried players back. They're real dangerous again.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Do we really want to face the Pack @ Lambeau? James Jones and Randall Cobb will make Carlos Rogers their lil biotch.

Ya, if only we could have already shown we could beat them @ Lambeau or something

Sept and 70degrees with low wind and sunshine is quite a bit different than 10degrees cloudy and gloomy with snow and swirling winds. Lets not get cocky and remain humble.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 26, 2012 at 7:58 AM ]
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Division game = Kaep

QFT
Share 49ersWebzone