There are 132 users in the forums

Should we let Nike "go for it" on a new niner uniform?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we let Nike "go for it" on a new niner uniform?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Do not F with our uni's

Thank you. nuff said.
Fix the sleeves and also, remove the outer black ring on the logo.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Some people should lay off the drugs

Originally posted by Misfit_Niner540:

won't work on the gold helmets...otherwise it'd just be a plain red oval....removing the inner gold ring would be better

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

won't work on the gold helmets...otherwise it'd just be a plain red oval....removing the inner gold ring would be better

Maybe outlined in gray? Black just doesn't seem to fit in our color scheme.

Maybe outlined in gray? Black just doesn't seem to fit in our color scheme.

a black outline on the oval logo has been on the helmets since 1962 (probably added for better visibility on early TVs) any other color except maybe a white outline wouldnt work, but even then after all these years (50+) by now it wouldnt look right from afar or on TV
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM ]
I made my one & only trek out to the stick from the big apple on opening day 1998 to see my beloved niners... I saw Garrison Hearst break off one of greatest runs in NFL history to be beat my hometown jets in OT!!!... The only NEGATIVE was it was the 1st game the niners played in those putrid maroon with black trim uniforms!!!! Not to mention those horrible shiny gold pants... Ugghhh!!! INMHO the current uniforms are as classic as the Cowboys uniforms!!! only Red & Gold trumps Blue & Silver...
[ Edited by NYCNINER on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM ]

I came.
Always liked the years of the gold and black outlined numbers the best. Even made the white jerseys look kick-ass. But please, go back to the GOLD pants, not white, mustard, or tan. Tan ones look too much like they are out there in pantyhose.

saw these in a champ sports.. would like to see them as an alternate for a game..that would be cool

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
94 are still my favorite all time.

Agreed!

yes these...especially with that OG logo.

I mean are there any teams with these colors setups? I can't think of any. At least we'd be original.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM ]

those look horrible!
don't change the uniforms, just add alternates.
hmmmmm perhaps.......
People need to realize something, the best looking uniforms are the ones that keep it simple. Outside of the stripes (which is what the 49ers want, not Nike), Nike nailed it perfectly.

The current 49ers uniform is not just one of the best uniforms in the NFL, its one of the best ones in sports. It's not over complicated and the two colors compliment each other perfectly (unlike the Cowboys three shades of silver).

As for the helmet, to many people whine about the gold ring, but I doubt they even know why the team put it in. They did it so that when the logo is displayed by itself, the gold is still represented. Honestly, I don't have a problem with it and at this point, removing it would just look weird.
Share 49ersWebzone