There are 205 users in the forums

Should we let Nike "go for it" on a new niner uniform?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we let Nike "go for it" on a new niner uniform?

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Wanna see a concept design first.

Not sure about the SF patch on the leg. Pretty gay.
^

Changing it would be suicide, even though it's irrelevant (just as this entire topic), we're currently the #1 seed on NFL.com's Greatest Uni bracket, and people who aren't 49ers fans just voted us HIGHLY into the second round (second to Seattle, and Oakland).

Our unis are gorgeous, in fact I visit most other team forums, and they're always giving us kuddos for going back to basics. -Even though we lost, seeing those uniforms back in a Superbowl was enough to melt my heart to begin with. -Even towards the late 90s, I never, EVER pictured those maroon monsters even being in a Superbowl. In fact, since the 'collapse' we didn't even start having .500 seasons UNTIL we went with these unis.

This is a vaunted, storied franchise with so much history, that when people look at our current uniforms they think Montana no more than old Green Bay Fans think Favre & Starr when they still look at Aaron Rodgers in their retro-modern duds.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
how bout bring back the 94 throwbacks for a game or two.

Bring back these babies! That Red and Gold should never be in anything besides awesome, glossy metallic colors. I hated when they switched to those dull matte colors. And what about tucked in jerseys instead of low cut shirts?
At least make them throwbacks! They are so beautiful.
never liked the shadowed numbers, only black on the unis should be in the helmet.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Hopefully we never wear those god awful Steve Young white pants uniforms. Nothing has ever been as ugly as those. You think the Steelers bumblebee throwbacks are bad? Wait until you see us in those white pants throwbacks..

I couldn't agree with you more on those pants, I thought they were hideous. I also want to add that the San Fransisco shield/crest could be a patch on the jersey and they go back to the old font so it would match better. They'd be like knights, knights in red and gold armor... Did I miss the part where that is not cool?
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
never liked the shadowed numbers, only black on the unis should be in the helmet.

I think the black takes away from the clean, shiny warm colors of red and gold. I think their numbers should be big and bold, white with a golden inlay/stripe around the edges. I personally think they should have gold around the stripes on other parts of the uniform.
[ Edited by HouseNiner on Jul 8, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
Zero desire to make the 49ers not the 49ers.
Originally posted by HouseNiner:

Bring back these babies! That Red and Gold should never be in anything besides awesome, glossy metallic colors. I hated when they switched to those dull matte colors. And what about tucked in jerseys instead of low cut shirts?

Haha I hated those unis dude! I'm glad they went back to the og style.

Originally posted by pelos21:
Haha I hated those unis dude! I'm glad they went back to the og style.

What if there was no black? Replace it with white so it gives our superbowl contending crew a unique identity you could tie a particular design to.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'd kind of like to see the 1963 uniforms just once as an alternate.

Love this for our throwback uni
No
Originally posted by susweel:
how bout bring back the 94 throwbacks for a game or two.

Originally posted by HouseNiner:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Hopefully we never wear those god awful Steve Young white pants uniforms. Nothing has ever been as ugly as those. You think the Steelers bumblebee throwbacks are bad? Wait until you see us in those white pants throwbacks..

I couldn't agree with you more on those pants, I thought they were hideous. I also want to add that the San Fransisco shield/crest could be a patch on the jersey and they go back to the old font so it would match better. They'd be like knights, knights in red and gold armor... Did I miss the part where that is not cool?

Originally posted by 60sfan:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'd kind of like to see the 1963 uniforms just once as an alternate.

Love this for our throwback uni

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

/thread
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jul 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM ]
Reminding EVERYBODY TO VOTE!!! -Seattle is gonna beat us otherwise for best uniform in the NFL:

http://www.nfl.com/greatestuni

VOTE!!!

VOTE!!!

VOTE!!!

VOTE!!!
Share 49ersWebzone