LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

LMJ in the slot

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Chico:
i like him as a 3rd down back, PR, KR & NT

idk about PR. he struggled a lot in the preseason. PR is a whole different ballgame.
feels weird saying it but i miss kyle williams
Cant beleive im the first to revisit this thread. I was just about to float a crazy/desperate idea when I searched it and here it was.

Also does anyone know his status for rams game ?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
That's nuts !! He will get absolutely crushed in the middle.

In fact, Baalke should really start thinking about tading LMJ.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i wanna see james in space.

he doesn't.

Originally posted by Rascal:

Hes third on the depth chart at RB. Who cares if he gets crushed over the middle? He might be scared of rollercoasters but he has decent hands and could probably get off the line of scrimmage better than the weaklings we have trying now.

Do we really need more 7th rd picks?

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i wanna see james in space.

he doesn't.

Even when things get chaotic, the zone is always good for a laugh. lol

Lol I don't see what is so different between his size and Sproles. I think he'd be fine.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Harbaugh on @jstaley74's injury: "Think we're going to dodge a bullet there." #49ers

Lol I don't see what is so different between his size and Sproles. I think he'd be fine.

this! I know Gore and Hunter are better but I'm pretty damn sure Harbaugh/Baalke did also when they drafted him in round 2. We need to incorporate him more into the offense, more screens and split him out, why not?

we need to use him on punt return and we need to use him in the screen game as well
If we called more than 1 screen a year we could probably execute them better. We don't execute them well but would be nice to get James the ball in space. Not a good night tonight, 3 carries 0 yards. Might take him awhile to get going but doubt he will ever prove worthy of that 2nd round pick. He hasn't done well returning either. I think Cox should be the #1 at both over Williams and James. Anyways, if we want to get the most out of him have to get him out in space with the ball. Screens, maybe line him wide with quick throw... dump offs, pitches... whatever it takes to get the ball in his hands in open space.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM ]

lol
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Harbaugh on @jstaley74's injury: "Think we're going to dodge a bullet there." #49ers

this! I know Gore and Hunter are better but I'm pretty damn sure Harbaugh/Baalke did also when they drafted him in round 2. We need to incorporate him more into the offense, more screens and split him out, why not?

Everybody knows the kid isn't going to run up the gut. When he's in its pretty easy to guess where the run play will go....and if it's a pass play he won't be in blocking.
When we drafted him, I assumed it was for playing slot or backfield RB split wide of Kap for Sproles' like outlet passes. It didn't happen, so I knew it would happen this yr....it didn't. Maybe he would work well in the slot, or as a sproles-like RB. But running him between tackles may have been great at Oregon. Not so in the NFL. And besides, we got 3 guys ahead of him. Coach, either use him in the slot, put him in trips with boldin/ Vernon, or split him wide of Kap. Those are the 3 places he could help us most. Obviously, Coach had other ideas for him, but now, is going to have to face the fact that he is used in one of the three areas noted above, or this was a very poor 2nd rd pick. I still like the pick just fine. Somehow JH hasn't gotten around to using him like sproles for some reason.
Share 49ersWebzone