LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Week 15: Thoughts after rewatching the game....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
OK.......

I'm not usually critical of mods here....

...but the thread merging here has gotten rediculous. My thread starter isn't until like page 5 or 6 now. This is totally lame.

I've been doing these every week for 2 years now and if the mods are gonna screw them up I won't even bother.

you should just ask them to make yours the OFFICIAL one.

That's not really my call so would never ask. I also change it every week so dunno how that would work. Either way, everything was perfectly fine before mods started merging stuff and jacking it all up.

you should make a thread about what you think about the Mods performance of late.
OK.......

...but the thread merging here has gotten rediculous. My thread starter isn't until like page 5 or 6 now. This is totally lame.

I've been doing these every week for 2 years now and if the mods are gonna screw them up I won't even bother.

you should just ask them to make yours the OFFICIAL one.

That's not really my call so would never ask. I also change it every week so dunno how that would work. Either way, everything was perfectly fine before mods started merging stuff and jacking it all up.

you should make a thread about what you think about the Mods performance of late.

LOL...I am gonna start a thread...but not in my nature to be an a$$ about it. ;-)
Originally posted by rk1642:
Agree with almost all and a good post game wrap up.

I also think Kap has played very well and better than I thought but the "without fear" thing I can do without. It worked out well in this game but lets not leave out the pass he threw into the endzone that should have also been picked (db had it in his hands). Now, its a good thing to trust your wr's and your own arm strenght but he definately forced those 2 balls that were and or should have been picked. Maybe I make too much out of these mistakes but I just worry that in the playoffs these things will come back to kill us. Guess its a wait and see in the playoffs.

And alot of posters have been bashing on the oline but they played lights out last night. Gore had big holes and Kap had all day/night to throw. Got to remember that Kap could not throw deep if the oline doesn't hold up and give time for the wr's to come open. This is very big for us going into the playoffs if they can keep it up.

Well, you may not like the "without fear" thing, but to me that's HUGE.

He isn't intimidated. The game is never "too big for him". He doesn't get nervous. Yes, he still makes mistakes here and there, but those mistakes don't prevent him from taking another chance the way they do with Alex.

The media LOVES to talk about his legs, but thats a long way down the list for me of the reasons I like him soo much.

1) ACCURACY down the field.
2) Smart Kid.
3) FEARLESS.
4) BIG, BIG arm.
5) Can create when play breaks down.

and then MAYBE his legs...although that is kinda tied up in #5.

It's WAY, WAY to early to annoint him as the next great Niners QB, but I defy you to find a 49ers QB who has been more impressive this early in his career.
Great point. So many of the talking heads have said that "the reason Harbaugh replaced Alex Smith with Kaep is because Kaep is a better runner and can run the pistol, blah, blah, blah."

I think your point is the correct one. Kaep has so many of the other tools necessary to be a successful NFL QB, including that big arm with accuracy, plus he's got icewater in his veins.

I never got caught up in the Alex Smith debates, and always supported him when he was the starter. I still believe that he's a consumate professional, and if he had to take over in an emergency, I do not doubt that he'd be ready and would play well.

That being said, Kaepernick just greatly impresses. He shows so much not only in his physical abilities, but in his game preparation and play execution. That play to Crabs for the last TD says it all. Not the play called, but Kaep saw Crabs had one on one man coverage, knew Crabs could beat his man, and made the play.

Despite the mistakes and problems with the snap, we still put up 41 points. Wow.

We've had a great defense, now suddenly we can see growth and development on the offense!

This team is still young and improving. The best is still ahead!

Originally posted by Cooper22:
OK.......

Yeah, I didn't even know this was Marvin's thread, and his input is the only reason I come to the webzone a day after the game

Yea I was looking for Marvin's thread...
Originally posted by Cooper22:
OK.......

Yeah, I didn't even know this was Marvin's thread, and his input is the only reason I come to the webzone a day after the game

Yup, the WZ is not the same w/o Marvin's thread.

I want a refund ... uh ... wait ... nvm
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Agree with almost all and a good post game wrap up.

I also think Kap has played very well and better than I thought but the "without fear" thing I can do without. It worked out well in this game but lets not leave out the pass he threw into the endzone that should have also been picked (db had it in his hands). Now, its a good thing to trust your wr's and your own arm strenght but he definately forced those 2 balls that were and or should have been picked. Maybe I make too much out of these mistakes but I just worry that in the playoffs these things will come back to kill us. Guess its a wait and see in the playoffs.

And alot of posters have been bashing on the oline but they played lights out last night. Gore had big holes and Kap had all day/night to throw. Got to remember that Kap could not throw deep if the oline doesn't hold up and give time for the wr's to come open. This is very big for us going into the playoffs if they can keep it up.

Well, you may not like the "without fear" thing, but to me that's HUGE.

He isn't intimidated. The game is never "too big for him". He doesn't get nervous. Yes, he still makes mistakes here and there, but those mistakes don't prevent him from taking another chance the way they do with Alex.

The media LOVES to talk about his legs, but thats a long way down the list for me of the reasons I like him soo much.

1) ACCURACY down the field.
2) Smart Kid.
3) FEARLESS.
4) BIG, BIG arm.
5) Can create when play breaks down.

and then MAYBE his legs...although that is kinda tied up in #5.

It's WAY, WAY to early to annoint him as the next great Niners QB, but I defy you to find a 49ers QB who has been more impressive this early in his career.
Great point. So many of the talking heads have said that "the reason Harbaugh replaced Alex Smith with Kaep is because Kaep is a better runner and can run the pistol, blah, blah, blah."

I think your point is the correct one. Kaep has so many of the other tools necessary to be a successful NFL QB, including that big arm with accuracy, plus he's got icewater in his veins.

I never got caught up in the Alex Smith debates, and always supported him when he was the starter. I still believe that he's a consumate professional, and if he had to take over in an emergency, I do not doubt that he'd be ready and would play well.

That being said, Kaepernick just greatly impresses. He shows so much not only in his physical abilities, but in his game preparation and play execution. That play to Crabs for the last TD says it all. Not the play called, but Kaep saw Crabs had one on one man coverage, knew Crabs could beat his man, and made the play.

Despite the mistakes and problems with the snap, we still put up 41 points. Wow.

We've had a great defense, now suddenly we can see growth and development on the offense!

This team is still young and improving. The best is still ahead!

I still think Alex is a top 10 qb in this league. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it to the pro-bowl once or twice with another team. I think Kaep has the talent to have a bronze bust in the HoF. That's the difference.
Just created a thread to the mods...feel free to comment. ;-)
OK.......

I always look for Marvin's review of the game every week--it needs its own thread EVERY week!!
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
So its all over the ESPN boards. Apparently New England was stopping the clock all through the 4th quarter last night and buying their team extra time. Anybody have the game recorded that could verify? I would be really curious to see if this was true. Several posters said the clock stopped at least 4 times when it was not supposed to.

I commented on this--after RJF sacked Brady on 3rd down the clock stopped at 5:01 left in the 4th quarter. The clock didn't run at all until the ball was snapped for the punt--that saved a good 25 seconds on the time clock.

I didn't notice it..thats Fk up..damn cheaters
Please make Marvin's weekly break down the official one.

Haha, nice.

BTW, Marv I was trying to search for some of your older threads from 2011 (and 2010 if you did it back then too), but cannot find them. Any ideas?

The search only lists this season and pre-season. Interestingly enough, week 6 is missing....did someone delete it because it was too painful? (Giants game)
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Goldson fake punt run !

gutsy!

balls

Loved it!

I did.
Share 49ersWebzone