There are 191 users in the forums

Give props to Crabtree.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
crabtree has been straight money this year, so consistent

This. He has always shown flashes from game to game but he has really stepped it up this year in the consistency department.

He's also been gettin that YAC in too. Rarely does he go down on first contact and his shiftiness has been key to us picking up first downs. Super clutch on 3rd down too.

Props to Crabs
props
He's been racking up the YAC this year. Awesome on 3rd downs too. Him and Kaep already have pretty good chemistry. Big props.
He's been better and better all the time. He breaks tackles, makes guys miss and gets the first downs now. I never saw that before this year.
This site irrationally hates his guts. Good he's finally getting some credit from someone.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He should be one of the next guys we lock up.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He should be one of the next guys we lock up.

Yeah I love it whenever he has the ball in his hands
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
If Crabtree was on any Quality passing team, he'd have 1400 yards rec and about 13 tds and around 90 grabs. He's that good. We have the 1987 Chicago Bears offense

He reminds me of Hakeem Knicks (who went in the same draft). I feel if Crabs went to New York he'd be a consistent 1000 yard receiver. In our offense and with Smith over the years it's hard for any receiver to rack up yards. His last 2 games were 100 yard games.
[ Edited by InHarbsWeTrust on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Carhanu21:
This guy deserves way more credit for his performance than many people give him. Especially when you consider he hasn't played in a "reciever-friendly" offense since he was drafted. The guy has been pretty productive whenever he has been healthy. And he is just getting better and better each week.

Alot of people outside of the SF bubble still seem to assume that Crabtree is a bust or disappointment cuz he was drafted in top 10 and isnt putting up Megatron stats. This is ridiculous. Put Megatron in this offense and I guarantee you his numbers would decrease dramatically compared to Detroit.

Crabtree has quietly become one of my favorite players on the team now. Sure, he seems like a diva at times. But he backs it up with his play on the field now.

My favorite players on the team:
Crabtree (underrated as stated above)
Bowman (underrated cuz he plays with Willis)
Brooks (another underrated player)
Iupati (man-beast in run-blocking)
Gore (ultimate warrior)

Anyone that actually thinks Crabtree should've been putting up Megaton stats are being ridiculous. Crabtree doesn't have the physical ability as Megatron. Crabtree is a good WR with talent tho.
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Originally posted by Carhanu21:
This guy deserves way more credit for his performance than many people give him. Especially when you consider he hasn't played in a "reciever-friendly" offense since he was drafted. The guy has been pretty productive whenever he has been healthy. And he is just getting better and better each week.

Alot of people outside of the SF bubble still seem to assume that Crabtree is a bust or disappointment cuz he was drafted in top 10 and isnt putting up Megatron stats. This is ridiculous. Put Megatron in this offense and I guarantee you his numbers would decrease dramatically compared to Detroit.

Crabtree has quietly become one of my favorite players on the team now. Sure, he seems like a diva at times. But he backs it up with his play on the field now.

My favorite players on the team:
Crabtree (underrated as stated above)
Bowman (underrated cuz he plays with Willis)
Brooks (another underrated player)
Iupati (man-beast in run-blocking)
Gore (ultimate warrior)

Anyone that actually thinks Crabtree should've been putting up Megaton stats are being ridiculous. Crabtree doesn't have the physical ability as Megatron. Crabtree is a good WR with talent tho.

I think you are spot on with regards to Crabtree. Given where he was drafted and the pedigree he had coming out of college, I believe many were expecting someone more explosive than he ever was. What Michael does well is make the catch, secure the football, and get yards after the catch. He is not a guy who's going to threaten a defense vertically, but you need guys like Crabtree who can make plays in the short to medium routes.

We really should be asking where Vernon Davis disappeared to.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 10, 2012 at 7:41 AM ]

Im hoping with his emergence that they defense will have to start game planning for him and that might free up Vernon for some plays...
Crabtree has ridiculous hands. As hard as Colin throws the ball, Cabtree just snaps it out of the air like nothing. I'm very impressed with his play this year. Keep it up Michael. Go Niners!
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Hes our second best guy on offense. I do think he'd get 1000+ yards on a passing team. Tiny chance he does it this year, needs to average 80 yards the next 3 games.

Gore
Davis
Then Crabtree

Im a big Davis fan but Crabtree has been better for us this year. I know Davis helps in pass protection and run blocking very well but Crabtree is a good blocker too. Davis can no doubt be our top player on offense though.
Always loved MC, glad he's getting some balls thrown his way, hopefully he can crack 1,000 yds this year
He has taken a big step this year. Having said that, he is now a true #1 and never will be. He does not have the speed for that and so is a limitation. No need to double team him since he can't out run db's.

If Jenkins can develope for us and be that #1, Crab's can be a very good #2 wr. Don't know if he will stay with that in mind but would be nice.
Share 49ersWebzone