LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

whats the deal with Anthony Dixon? Why is he on team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He just became a lot more important. I hope he continues to contribute and prove me wrong.
I think that was him that caused the fumble on coverage team
I thought he was worthless before and I didn't want him on the team. But the guys has earned my respect. Worked his a55 off, contributes on special teams and has a good attitude. He has also looked prettty good in the limited oppurtunities he has had to actually run.
He definitely is a hard worker and understands that this is his best shot.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
He just became a lot more important. I hope he continues to contribute and prove me wrong.

That was CJ Spillman.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:

That was CJ Spillman.

correct it was Spillman who recovered the muffed punt. However Dixon's TD was great, and that hilarious dive to try for the end zone too.
Never understood why this guy got trashed so much.

He might not be the most amazingly talented guy on the team, but he's still pretty dependable in a lot of roles.

• He runs with enough speed and agility to break a few long runs here and there
  • He runs with enough power to punch it in the end zone in goal line situations
  • He can block well enough in passing situations
  • He can block well enough on kick/punt return plays
  • He can tackle well enough on kick/punt coverage plays

And on top of that he's a good locker room guy and fun to watch on the sidelines.

And now he's our 2nd most proven RB.

I for one am pretty happy they kept him on the roster this year.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

He might not be the most amazingly talented guy on the team, but he's still pretty dependable in a lot of roles.

And on top of that he's a good locker room guy and fun to watch on the sidelines.

I think he would be perfect for the Green Bay Packers.

but I hope we can keep him for the long run, if we can't find anyone better.

I've always envisioned our future RBs being Hunter and Dixon.... and now even better with Hunter and James subbing for each other and Dixon coming in as well.

heck Hunter, James, and Dixon all in the backfield at the same time with Kaep...lol.
Need to see more of him before penciling him in for the next 3 or so years... If he can continue to prove that his backfield dancing days are over then great, but it seems a little soon to anoint him as our "bruising" back of the future.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I think he would be perfect for the Green Bay Packers.

but I hope we can keep him for the long run, if we can't find anyone better.

I've always envisioned our future RBs being Hunter and Dixon.... and now even better with Hunter and James subbing for each other and Dixon coming in as well.

heck Hunter, James, and Dixon all in the backfield at the same time with Kaep...lol.
I think I actually suggested trying to trade Dixon to the Packers during the offseason, when it looked like he would be cut, and was laughed out of ninertalk.

But I still think he'd be great for them. Happy we kept him instead though!
Originally posted by sfout:

That was CJ Spillman.

correct it was Spillman who recovered the muffed punt. However Dixon's TD was great, and that hilarious dive to try for the end zone too.

actually you both are right... Dixon caused the last fumble, but we didn't recover it.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

That was CJ Spillman.

actually you both are right... Dixon caused the last fumble, but we didn't recover it.

oh snap ^_^ I mustve missed a play stepping away from the living room! Didn't know we caused a different fumble.
Dixon looked good in preseason but didn't do well in games last season. Then he worked his butt off last preseason, and looked decent in a limited amount of snaps this year.

If we can believe guys like Kap and James can improve from how we saw them in the preseason, why can't we believe the same of Dixon? He's clearly putting in the work, and he's a beast on ST.

I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a 3rd-string RB on our team, but I do believe he's constantly improving.

That was CJ Spillman.

That was great! I love Dixon's effort. I like how he runs angry!
His sexy hair.

I am also glad he is on our team. The only good thing that came out of the Jacobs signing was pushing Dixon to become a better RB. He has improved a lot from last season. He runs with authority and decisiveness! Using Dixon and James will keep Gore fresh, and give defenses three different styles to defend.
Share 49ersWebzone