There are 251 users in the forums

whats the deal with Anthony Dixon? Why is he on team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is my new favorite player now that jacobs has started his s**t. i have a feeling dixon will get lots of time today cuz dixon will not see anything but the coaches foot going up his ass. dixon has another opportunity to shine with not only hunters injury but jacobs jr high garbage. we need him to pull through. where is afrikan?

just sitting back, waiting to see if the coaches give him a chance this week.

this was his tweet later that night after the Rams game....

"Anthony Dixon ‏@Boobie24Dixon Finally calm myself down...realizing i must move on and my will is being tested..nawl i want break imma break muthaf**kas...believe that!!!"

I'm sure he thought he'd get some playing time against the Rams since Hunter got hurt, get got some carries the previous week against the Saints....but I think the fact that he had to sit back and watch us constantly run up the middle with no success frustrated him..especially if he felt he could've helped the team out......Dixon is no Hunter, but teams would still have to account for us to run outside if we brought him in......with Gore and Jacobs, the Rams just focused on runs up the gut....and we constantly wasted plays in a close game. Even after that punt that went 14 yards and we were on the 50 yard line in OT...still tried going up the middle.

So we'll have to see if he can make the best out of opportunities if he gets any....I think he will get some today if Jacobs is inactive...and I think he'll do a better job than not.
There are a few names I won't miss next year.

This team reminds me of the 2011 SF Giants, we were so happy we won the year before we just started resigning everybody.

Our 2012 49ers have like 6 Aubry Huffs.

Time to clean house
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Dixon is there to eat up blocks in the back on ST. Pretty obvious.
[ Edited by Disp on Dec 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM ]
he is very slow and very fat lol , not really a change of pace from gore, rather it be gore LMJ , since gore not really runner to go outside, he more downhill. get well soon hunter
Tony Montana Squad

Plus hes better short yardage than Jacobs is
Pretty simple...he can back up at 2 positions (HB and FB) AND he plays special teams. Having him on the roster allows you to keep other players you want on the roster because you don't have to dedicate a roster spot to a backup Fullback.

Quite simply, his value isn't in one positions, its in his flexability to fill a number of roles adequately.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Pretty simple...he can back up at 2 positions (HB and FB) AND he plays special teams. Having him on the roster allows you to keep other players you want on the roster because you don't have to dedicate a roster spot to a backup Fullback.

Quite simply, his value isn't in one positions, its in his flexability to fill a number of roles adequately.

Can this thread be locked now. Marvin just summed it up as best as anyone could.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Can this thread be locked now. Marvin just summed it up as best as anyone could.

Plus Dixon is a great positive locker room guy (unlike Brandon Jacobs)
Do you guys hate Dixon because he looks like a warthog
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Boobie is baller, that's why he's still on the team. he may not be talented enough to be the starting RB but the kid comes to work and plays hard on S/T.

Because Brandon Jacobs cant shut his mouth
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Do you guys hate Dixon because he looks like a warthog

yes
Dixon is a baller. With Coach Rathman's help he hits the hole hard with power instead of dancing. He has looked a lot better this year when given a chance. LMJ has speed, Dixon has power, and Gore has both. Each one of our RB's have a different style to defend. Dixon is good teammate and does whatever it takes to play. Dixon is much better than Jacobs. We now have 2 young hungry backs with fresh legs for the playoffs!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i admit i hated dixon prior to this season, but i thought he's played well this year. he's certainly more of a team guy than douchebag jacobs
Share 49ersWebzone