There are 180 users in the forums

whats the deal with Anthony Dixon? Why is he on team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont understand why Dixon never gets any snaps at running back. Is he that bad? If he is truly not a good RB, why dont we just get rid of him?

Personally, I kinda want to see him get some extended playing time while Gore gets a rest for the playoffs. I'm worried that another team will pick up Dixon in the offseason and he will become a superstar. We need to see what Dixon can do when given extended playing time at RB. If the Niners are ahead in the 4th quarter against Miami by alot, Harbaugh should put in Dixon and let him run alot
He's under contract through next season and he's still here primarily for his special teams value.
Special teams, special teams, special teams, the only real reason he's still got a roster spot, although since that's the case, I would have dumped him in favor of keeping Costanzo.
... AND he wants to be here, he fought to be here, and he learned a new position to stay here. I greatly prefer him over Jacobs' fat crybaby azz.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he is my new favorite player now that jacobs has started his s**t. i have a feeling dixon will get lots of time today cuz dixon will not see anything but the coaches foot going up his ass. dixon has another opportunity to shine with not only hunters injury but jacobs jr high garbage. we need him to pull through. where is afrikan?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is my new favorite player now that jacobs has started his s**t. i have a feeling dixon will get lots of time today cuz dixon will not see anything but the coaches foot going up his ass. dixon has another opportunity to shine with not only hunters injury but jacobs jr high garbage. we need him to pull through. where is afrikan?

sorry , of course i intended to say jacobs will get the coaches foot up his ass sorry
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Special teams and a desire to be here, he sought out the coaches and said if I can't play RB give me reps at FB. Then he played extremely well in the preseason when given a chance, even if it was against 2s, 3s, and 4s - he played well and proved his desire to be here with his effort and commitment. He might not be an NFL RB but he works hard and wants to be here. I hate Dixon's dancing he does in the backfield but at least he privately spoke to the coaches and then proceeded to back it up with effort and play unlike Jacobs who is just moping about after he got injured.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Special teams, special teams, special teams, the only real reason he's still got a roster spot, although since that's the case, I would have dumped him in favor of keeping Costanzo.

FWIW, I heard Eric Davis in a radio interview leading up to the Bears game and the subject of Costanzo came up and why we let him go . . . and ED alluded that Costanzo was an incredibly odd character in the locker room and many teammates weren't that sad to see him go.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

FWIW, I heard Eric Davis in a radio interview leading up to the Bears game and the subject of Costanzo came up and why we let him go . . . and ED alluded that Costanzo was an incredibly odd character in the locker room and many teammates weren't that sad to see him go.

lol so he was cuckoo for cocoa puffs and he was a 1 trick pony. Sounds like 2 good reasons to send him packing.
his hair is gold?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

lol so he was cuckoo for cocoa puffs and he was a 1 trick pony. Sounds like 2 good reasons to send him packing.
well we kept ginn cuz he was a one trick pony. if i had a one trick pony to take me to towns, i would have chosen blake over ginn
  • sfout
  • Veteran

well we kept ginn cuz he was a one trick pony. if i had a one trick pony to take me to towns, i would have chosen blake over ginn

difference is Ginn is still a good #4/5 WR, and an "elite" returner(as many people on this board have termed Ginn) is a hell of a lot more important then a 3rd string and 5th Inside Linebacker who plays behind 2 of the best starting ILBs in recent memory and Gooden and Grant are great backups with Grant likely starting for another team next year. Costanzo was random coverage unit player, Ginn is a returner 6 career TDs. Sounds a hell of lot more important then a wacky coverage unit player.

Back on topic. Dixon is an solid ST player and a serviceable #3/4 RB that wanted to put in the effort to stay here which is exactly why he is still here.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

difference is Ginn is still a good #4/5 WR, and an "elite" returner(as many people on this board have termed Ginn) is a hell of a lot more important then a 3rd string and 5th Inside Linebacker who plays behind 2 of the best starting ILBs in recent memory and Gooden and Grant are great backups with Grant likely starting for another team next year. Costanzo was random coverage unit player, Ginn is a returner 6 career TDs. Sounds a hell of lot more important then a wacky coverage unit player.

Back on topic. Dixon is an solid ST player and a serviceable #3/4 RB that wanted to put in the effort to stay here which is exactly why he is still here.
we will agree to disagree with your ginn assessment agree with you on dixon. jacobs will see no time today so this is time for dixon to shine!
  • sfout
  • Veteran

we will agree to disagree with your ginn assessment agree with you on dixon. jacobs will see no time today so this is time for dixon to shine!

Lol sounds good! I hope he does his job well, he's a tool but at least he loves being a 9er and wants to help the team first and foremost!
sorry , of course i intended to say jacobs will get the coaches foot up his ass sorry

That was funny anyway
Share 49ersWebzone