LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 141 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think they shouldn't have withheld his pay.
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Maybe he can go back to TNA wrestling.

Was just thinking the same thing lol!!! -Such a shame, thought this guy would work out, but always knew the Manningham signing would be the best FA move in the end.

LOL!
Originally posted by d49izme:
This could be a historical ruling regarding the suspension with no pay. It will set the tone for the future as far as how teams will be able to punish/discipline players regarding social media

I imagine there was far more to it than his social media statements this past week. IMO those were clearly a result of something that happened during the week and him venting and making the situation worse rather than isolated incidents.
Obviously the 9ers feel just fine with LMJ, Dixon, and Hampton at RB.

Or Jacobs REALLY pissed them off somehow.

Or both...
He wasn't willing to play special teams, so he has no spot on the team. The only spot he would have gotten would have been in place of Gore...lol. The weird thing is we needed that back that could get a yard, and he was the guy to do it...but he couldn't make the roster because you can't have a spot for a guy that would play like 4 snaps a game.
never liked the guy.....

hope we cut him a week before the superbowl
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
fkn distraction.
BYB BYB so long glad to know you BYB BYB
Suspended for 3 games...best possible move.
Always disliked him, he didn't have what it takes to be a 49er

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I think they shouldn't have withheld his pay.

Why? If he had just shut the f up, he wouldn't have been suspended in the first place. You get suspended, you lose out on gameday pay. That's the way it always works, so why should this buffoon get special treatment?

This guy is an idiot. Not just because of the dumb sh*t he's been saying, but for thinking he was actually gonna get a lot of playing time behind Gore and Hunter in the first place. The dude is a joke.

Oh, and to top it off, he sucks.
Happy they suspended him. His behavior was unacceptable.

Why not cut him though? Eliminate the distraction completely. Plus they wouldn't have to deal with his appeal.

I don't see how he can have a positive impact on the team going forward. Just get rid of him.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Happy they suspended him. His behavior was unacceptable.

Why not cut him though? Eliminate the distraction completely. Plus they wouldn't have to deal with his appeal.

I don't see how he can have a positive impact on the team going forward. Just get rid of him.

To prevent another team, like say the rb needy Giants, from scooping him up and using him/his knowledge against us.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Am I the only one here who feels bad for him? He should be used WAY MORE OFTEN!!!

ALL OF YOU DRINKING THE KOOL AID need to give Jacobs a little slack. Is he acting dumb? Yes. But man, none of you know the whole story

I would feel bad for him if he kept his mouth shut, but it's hard to feel sad for someone who is doing such a good job of feeling sad for himself.

Exactly. He did nothing here. He got hurt, and was sidelined. And now he bad-mouths the team and his disgust? STFU Brandon. If anyone can complain, it's Alex. He DID do something for this team, and wants to start. But Alex is being diplomatic, and keeping quiet.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Dec 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
how about edit the title to suspened
Share 49ersWebzone