There are 218 users in the forums

IF YOU WERE ALEX SMITH WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Originally posted by fastforward:
There is no point for Smith to stay if he sits on the bench. His goal should be to maximize his market value, which is to find a starting job somewhere else in 2013.

He tried that last offseason

But this coming season is different with many openings, and the draft class is weak.
Hit up Dobbs and smoke a bleezy. (should I have put that in all caps?)
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Originally posted by Furlow:
If it's the right decision for the team, then why doesn't Harbaugh just say that? Why is he still calling Smith his "starting QB?" Why is he sending him out as a captain for the coin toss?

Because he's coddling that sensitive baby. That's one thing I don't admire about Harbaugh. Just come out and flat out call Kaep the starter and to make Alex go out there for a coin toss is just flat out embarrassing.

He is still a team captain as voted by his teammates, so...
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Sensitive baby? The same sensitve baby that played through all of your boos the past few years? Come on, Smith doesn't need coddling. Put the kool aid down and look at Harbaugh objectively. He's a liar.
He's a liar that gave Alex the opportunity to turn his career around and salvage it when nobody else would. Harbaugh has done way more for Alex than Alex will ever do for that man. The most Alex has done for this team is not lose and had the best two drives in his life. Harbaugh finally made the Niners (and Alex) relevant again.
You're funny. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Yeah the situations are very similar, but I just think that Harbaugh's brought the best out of Alex and Alex knows that. I don't think he'll leave before his contract is up

Norv is fired in SD and hired in Arizona (for instance). You don't think they might be a perfect match? Turner was building Smith into a good QB in year two. Just one of the many wild speculative possibilities out there!

Or Greg Roman leaves for a Head Coaching job next year and takes Alex with him. Alex stays in the offense that he knows and continues his development..........

Careful guys, you're dangerously close to having your fandom of the Niners called into question. How dare you show interest in what happens to one of our players!

All hail the Red and Gold!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Just for fun...

Alex Smith:
38 wins, 36 losses; 59.2% completion percentage, 181 yards/game, 6.6 yards/attempt, 81 touchdowns/63 interceptions, 79.1 rating

Drew Brees (San Diego stats only):
30 wins, 28 losses; 62.2% completion percentage, 209 yards/game, 6.8 yards/attempt, 80 touchdowns/53 interceptions, 84.9 rating
Careful guys, you're dangerously close to having your fandom of the Niners called into question. How dare you show interest in what happens to one of our players!

All hail the Red and Gold!

No worry! If I cared what folks on this board thought I'd never disagree with anyone...and what fun would that be? LOL!

Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Norv is fired in SD and hired in Arizona (for instance). You don't think they might be a perfect match? Turner was building Smith into a good QB in year two. Just one of the many wild speculative possibilities out there!

I'd be a very worried 49ers fan if that happens. Turner is a very good OC. He probably can fix the Cardinals OL quickly.

Yes, it wouldn't make me very happy but there are always a limited number of options out there and I tend to believe the teams who are under-performing are most likely to make changes...so Arizona, Miami, Tenn...come to think of it there may be quite a few teams looking for a QB.
No you are not getting it. You're saying that someone who is merely present on this forum is a true fan. I disagree. If you don't know what this organization has done to wrong Alex Smith, you're not a true fan. That's my opinion.

I don't see any other reason why Jim would've put Kap in there unless he obviously thought this was the right decision for the TEAM. But no, you want this organization to do what's best for ALEX.
If it's the right decision for the team, then why doesn't Harbaugh just say that? Why is he still calling Smith his "starting QB?" Why is he sending him out as a captain for the coin toss?

I've said the same. Man up. Its embarrasing and insulting to send Alex out as the captain for the coin toss. Its like rubbing salt in a wound. At some point Alex is gonna snap. Can't be that nice and take that much crap for this long.
One thing he won't do is trust anyting Jim and or Trent says.

Will demand a trade and silently go on his way to another team.

Will be interesting to see how little the FO thinks of Alex. Will they entertain trades from say the Cards? If not, why not? Cause if he isn't good enough here we should welcome playing him twice a year.

Anyway, he will not be with us next year.
if it were me i might just walk into harbaugh or baalke's office monday and tell them my headaches are back, put me on ir and send my checks to tahiti

He tried that last offseason

You're funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Originally posted by hofer36:
if it were me i might just walk into harbaugh or baalke's office monday and tell them my headaches are back, put me on ir and send my checks to tahiti

Lol take it a step further. Pay dixon 1000 to sit on his head and bam. Reconcussed.
Well, if I were Alex, I don't know for sure what I'd do BUT I'd definitely cross Coach Harbaugh off my Christmas list! s
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Dec 3, 2012 at 1:44 AM ]
I would have been in Harbaugh's face when he broke the news to me about Kaep starting and I would have been in his ear during/after this Rams game.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I would have been in Harbaugh's face when he broke the news to me about Kaep starting and I would have been in his ear during/after this Rams game.

It's possible that whatever disagreement leading to the demotion started way before, and Smith saw little point in making a scene.
Just get better everyday . . . . . go one mile an hour faster than you were yesterday . . . . . . . etc.......
Share 49ersWebzone