LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

IF YOU WERE ALEX SMITH WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by father49er:
Ask his agent to work on a trade for next season. In the mean time, try and get a ring. Best for everyone.

This is pro sports and huge $$$$$ and I am sure Alex has already done this. Its a tough pill to swallow for sure. Jimmy has a mess on his hands now and I hope it does not cost the 49ers a Super Bowl Ring.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Collect my check
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Just keep being himself. He will get another chance, BET. Win the Super Bowl, hoist the MVP trophy, and then hold out for a fat contract. When the 49ers don't give it to him, go play for someone else. F this back stabbing franchise.

Really? You're going to say that about our franchise over one player?

One player? How old are you, dude? Do you have any idea how many times, and in how many ways, Alex Smith has been screwed over by the 49ers? It's organization? It's coaches? It's fans?

The cluelessness of some people is amazing. The guy deserves better than anyone associated with the organization has given him. And save me the paycheck BS - EVERY player in the NFL is "overpaid" for playing a "game."

If I were Smith, I would play my way into a huge contract, or bounce.
be ready.

He knew what he was getting into when he resigned...especially the type of contract he had to sign. He saw Kaep during practice...he knew his potential. He knows this game is a business.....and reallsticially...everything that is happening he has saw happen to Ratty and Shaun Hill.

Heck he might even get traded for a 7th round pick, if it means sending him to a weak team in the AFC. Shaun was traded for a year 2 7th rd pick, even though he would be one of the better backup QBs in the league.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 2, 2012 at 7:17 PM ]
Just keep being himself. He will get another chance, BET. Win the Super Bowl, hoist the MVP trophy, and then hold out for a fat contract. When the 49ers don't give it to him, go play for someone else. F this back stabbing franchise.

One player? How old are you, dude? Do you have any idea how many times, and in how many ways, Alex Smith has been screwed over by the 49ers? It's organization? It's coaches? It's fans?

The cluelessness of some people is amazing. The guy deserves better than anyone associated with the organization has given him. And save me the paycheck BS - EVERY player in the NFL is "overpaid" for playing a "game."

In my opinion I think Jimmy H should have started Alex Smith in this game. This way he would have been in a much better spot with BOTH QB's and Alex I think would have had a much better chance of winning this game. Now Jimmy has dug a Huge Hole......
[ Edited by 49erJim on Dec 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM ]

please list all of the ways this *horrible* *backstabbing* organization has screwed him?

any other team that had to draft him #1 overall, he would most likely be out of the league after 3 years...or at least not starting.
i would start next week like the coaches ask of me, win 4 straight games... win the div. game and NFC Champ game in the playoffs, and then win the Superbowl
Originally posted by susweel:
Collect my check

we already know what you would do...........
Dude just do what any other good athelete would do in this position....take a led pipe to his knee caps...lol....I'm just playin guys.. but realy he doesn't have to do much just wait until he blows it again next week and maybee we will go with the hot hand and not the hot feet...I'm just sayin kap realy blew it today and I had high hopes for him and I was not impressed.
i would kick akers in the nuts wide right like hes been kicking all season. how many wins does he have to cost us before he gets his old ass cut???

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

please list all of the ways this *horrible* *backstabbing* organization has screwed him?

any other team that had to draft him #1 overall, he would most likely be out of the league after 3 years...or at least not starting.

If you really need me to list these things for you, you're not a 49ers fan. Or you just became one recently.
Continue to take the high road and be the class act he is. Gotta be killing him, but he's handled it with nothing but class. JH has definitely helped, no doubt, but he has the confidence now he never had. He's still only 28. Will land on his feet somewhere.
Anybody wanna guess the page# or post# before this thread sent to the tombs of the Webzone?
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by father49er:
Ask his agent to work on a trade for next season. In the mean time, try and get a ring. Best for everyone.

This is pro sports and huge $$$$$ and I am sure Alex has already done this. Its a tough pill to swallow for sure. Jimmy has a mess on his hands now and I hope it does not cost the 49ers a Super Bowl Ring.

I'm with ya Jim! This hurts Alex's pride and his wallet BIG TIME.
I'd ask for a trade and demand that my next team doesn't draft a more talented QB.
Share 49ersWebzone