LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

Bryant Young entering the NFL Hall of Fame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
BY failed to make the list of 27 semi-finalists in his first year of eligibility, which is absurd, but also means that he's highly unlikely to ever get close to HoF consideration.

Bias by the selectors confirmed.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Also he might make a final list years down the line. Right now there are a lot of very good players who haven't got in.
[ Edited by susweel on Feb 10, 2022 at 7:12 PM ]
It's a log jam for sure.

And while I think he's a borderline candidate, the fact that he'll likely never even be discussed in the room by the final selectors is a shame.
He is a HOF guy to me, player I guess not. He gave up money to stay on a bad 49ers team in the mid 2000s, he was a true 49er. I was so mad when he would get passed up for not being a high sack guy. He did it all, he is our Justin Smith of the early 2000s. He did everything asked of him, worthy of at least the 49ers HOF. Loved BY, and always will. No one has worn #97 since he retired, hoping they retire the number.
HOF in my book
He's like Brent Jones. He had 400 catches and 5,000 yards, 33 TDs, 4 pro bowls, and 3 super bowl rings.

Yeah, he was awesome. but not HOF material
Are you serious? That is disgusting. The guy was one of the greatest I have ever seen. The HOF voters are lousy with east coast sports media jerkoffs, probably they are sitting there arguing if Mark Sanchez should be on the ballot or not. I hate them all, the whole coast, the entire city. Suck New York.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
He is a HOF guy to me, player I guess not. He gave up money to stay on a bad 49ers team in the mid 2000s, he was a true 49er. I was so mad when he would get passed up for not being a high sack guy. He did it all, he is our Justin Smith of the early 2000s. He did everything asked of him, worthy of at least the 49ers HOF. Loved BY, and always will. No one has worn #97 since he retired, hoping they retire the number.

this
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Oh, he'll definitely by in the 49er HoF someday. That's a guarantee.
Class 49er in my book and an inspiration to all his teammates (multiple Len Eshmont award winner) was the last link to the '94 super bowl team by the time he retired in '07 (imagine if he & J.Smith had played together, even for just 1 season!)

will always remember how he came back from a career-threatening injury after Ken Nortin Jr inadvertently speared him in the calf with his helmet ('98 season, we had to sign Charles Haley out of retirement as a last minute pass rusher for the playoffs as a result) BY was leading DTs in sacks when he went down in wk 13, so if he'd played (as well as Hearst) we probably beat the damn dirty birds...

Doesn't surprise me...this franchise has 5 SB titles 20 years of dominance and the HOF doesn't reflect that...you have guys like John Randell making it cause he covered his face with black ink...
When you think of DT you think of Bryant Young. And he didn't have to be close to 400 pounds and sloppy to get the job done right. Haven't had a legitimate DT since.
Disgraceful omission. BY belongs there.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
He was on the 1990s All-Decade Team, a 4 time all pro player, a Superbowl champion and NFL Comeback Player of the Year. He should be in the Hall of Fame.
So sad. His jersey was the first Niner jersey i ever owned. He was a great player, but will be forgotten because he didn't put up the sack numbers.
Share 49ersWebzone