LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

UPDATE: Vernon Davis, Rogers and McDonald redid their deals to help get Bowman's deal

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I figured part of it out. Of his original base($5.751M), he has been paid $4,059,529.11 and had a remainder of $1,691,470.59 left to be paid, so now it goes down to $719,000 , So by math, it means he had a signing bonus of $972,470.59 made up, prorated over 4 seasons(2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015), at $243,117.65.

Now this could also be prorated, meaning he wont see $719K, it would be $211,470.59 for the rest of the season. Which would then convert that remainder into bonus over 4 years at $52,867.65

NOTE: the dot is for cents, just wanted the math to be correct as seen in my workbook(Excel).

Bowman now has same salaries for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, but different for 2017 than I thought.

I am not worthy!
To prove me right.

That's how we DC brothers roll. Look out for each other. They grew up no more than 15 miles apart.

nice s**t AB
Originally posted by lamontb:
That's how we DC brothers roll. Look out for each other. They grew up no more than 15 miles apart.

nice s**t AB

Looking out for each other.

That 2012- 719000.00 was 2012- 5751000.00 yesterday.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Nov 29, 2012 at 1:14 PM ]
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It isn't known to public right now, but I have access to the NFLPA websites base salary section, and he lowered it, must of been monday. I will calculate numbers to see how this affects the cap..

Don't get in trouble

I wont get in trouble. I wouldn't post it officially though. I can't say for sure if the leftover is a signing bonus or incentive which he wont see, so taking one for the team like thing.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It isn't known to public right now, but I have access to the NFLPA websites base salary section, and he lowered it, must of been monday. I will calculate numbers to see how this affects the cap..

Don't get in trouble

I wont get in trouble. I wouldn't post it officially though. I can't say for sure if the leftover is a signing bonus or incentive which he wont see, so taking one for the team like thing.

Our insider is the ultimate power in he NFL numbers game.

Suck it, La Canfora.
This team is turning into the Patriots, can't believe how far this team has come along.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for BodhiPaddlesOut.
I wonder if this is some magic from Gideon Yu. Winning certainly helps, but it seems like the team's players are doing a lot more than showing up at the winter Olympics with the curling team, better advertisements and all. I imagine VD is pulling in bank from more than just his football paycheck. Makes shifty little moves for this team a lot easier.

Appreciate the info, Jason.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Nov 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by 99problems:
link or

Do you know who Ab is? Man you had better check yourself, Ab is the Zone's capologist and chief money baller, e says I believe it, and so should you!
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I wonder if this is some magic from Gideon Yu. Winning certainly helps, but it seems like the team's players are doing a lot more than showing up at the winter Olympics with the curling team, better advertisements and all. I imagine VD is pulling in bank from more than just his football paycheck. Makes shifty little moves for this team a lot easier.

Appreciate the info, Jason.

No problem. Yu is a good guy, has helped some big businesses out.

And Vernon probably gets more than enough from the Under Armour commercials.

• THEB
  • Veteran

but you posted up there that Vernon has already been paid est. $4M of his base salary, which means he would only be really giving up est $1.5M and not $5M like it seems.
AB ... Cheating on the Webzone with those floozies NinerCapHell and Niners Nation!
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Nov 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM ]
Originally posted by THEB:

but you posted up there that Vernon has already been paid est. $4M of his base salary, which means he would only be really giving up est $1.5M and not $5M like it seems.

correct. He had been paid already $4.059M ish, and had still $1.691M left, but he cut that down to 719,000. When it comes to the database, they dont go by weekly salary prorated. They go full. So for a Practice Squad player who makes 5700 a week, and opnly signed for 5 weeks left in season, even though he makes $28,500, his salary still says full $96,900 that a usual P-Squad player gets.

The rest of his salary may or may not been converted into a new signing bonus, might be a non likely incentive so that gave the team more cap room to be flexible in signing someone like a veteran Kicker, and not a rookie.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This team is turning into the Patriots, can't believe how far this team has come along.

I hope not. THe Pats are a good team that haven't won a Superbowl in about 10 years.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by 99problems:
link or

Do you know who Ab is? Man you had better check yourself, Ab is the Zone's capologist and chief money baller, e says I believe it, and so should you!

ive seen him around. nice to know he knows his s**t
Share 49ersWebzone