LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

UPDATE: Vernon Davis, Rogers and McDonald redid their deals to help get Bowman's deal

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
will Goldson put the team first?

you already know the answer to that
[ Edited by Allx9er on Nov 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM ]
Originally posted by richierichard:
Originally posted by English:
How do you access this information? Are you releasing confidential information that could land you IN JAIL??

Hey never mind AB. We will come and visit you!!

You won't get a response now. Takes ages to get bail.
Originally posted by 99problems:
link or

He doesn't need a link.

He is the BOSS of salary caps around here.
Sounds like they deferred it, which often means converting future base salary into guaranteed money.
Jason does some side work for a football site that has access to cap info.....trust him
That's taking one for the team. And I know they'll take good care of VD.
If he is willing to admit the source of information, I'm sure it's a-ok.
This is great news. I love the way VD has transformed himself from a selfish pompus athlete, to a very generous kind hearted samaritan and athlete. We thank you VD for redoing your contract so we can keep the impact players in place for the future.
That young man has become the ultimate teammate and I couldn't be more proud of him than if he were my son. What a maturation and transformation from that guy Singletary contended with. I hope he recoups most of that dough in some manner! If I wrote fan letters, I'd surely send him one. In fact, I just might do it. Anyone know where to send one to make sure it actually gets to the player?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
That young man has become the ultimate teammate and I couldn't be more proud of him than if he were my son. What a maturation and transformation from that guy Singletary contended with. I hope he recoups most of that dough in some manner! If I wrote fan letters, I'd surely send him one. In fact, I just might do it. Anyone know where to send one to make sure it actually gets to the player?

fan mail? didnt twitter replace fan mail? lol

Vernon wants to sleep with Bowman

Its like The Talented Mr. Ripley
How do you access this information? Are you releasing confidential information that could land you IN JAIL??

Hey never mind AB. We will come and visit you!!

You won't get a response now. Takes ages to get bail.

Time to call Aladdin Bail Bonds
I figured part of it out. Of his original base($5.751M), he has been paid $4,059,529.11 and had a remainder of $1,691,470.59 left to be paid, so now it goes down to $719,000 , So by math, it means he had a signing bonus of $972,470.59 made up, prorated over 4 seasons(2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015), at $243,117.65.

Now this could also be prorated, meaning he wont see $719K, it would be $211,470.59 for the rest of the season. Which would then convert that remainder into bonus over 4 years at $52,867.65

NOTE: the dot is for cents, just wanted the math to be correct as seen in my workbook(Excel).

Bowman now has same salaries for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, but different for 2017 than I thought.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

A super bowl bonus will take care of that
Should add this one smiley

Share 49ersWebzone