LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Anyone excited to see LeMichael James play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I don't think there's any question that LaMichael has to step up and become the scatback threat that Kendall Hunter had become. The other two RB's on the depth chart ahead of him are plodding earth movers. Nothing against them, mind you, but we already have that in Gore. What we need, and what we had with Kendall, was that dimension of breakaway speed. He was a threat to take it to the house every time he touched the pigskin.

LaMichael is the only other speed option on the roster at this point. I see him getting his touches this Sunday in Saint Louie....

I truly hope so. I've been waiting to see this since April 27.
Imagine all the speed we are going to have on that turf in St Louis.

Kaepernick
James
Jenkins
Moss
Mannigham
VD

Hoping LMJ plays well if he gets in. Definitely brings the breakaway factor to the running game.

My main cocerns are the blocking assignments (as others have stated) and something that I saw in several Oregon games I saw (admittedly not an awful lot of them, but several): his reversal of direction giving up yardage.

I saw several of his big runs where he started on one line, then saw that there was no good opening and reversed direction, frequently giving up ten yards or so to the line of scrimage. Worked in College - won't in the NFL. Kind of like Reggie Bush in his first couple of seasons with New Orleans. Got caught dancing around far too many times.

LMJ has this same tendency - hope he quickly learns how fast the NFL is and sticks to just a couple of quick slashing cuts/changes of direction w/o giving up field position in an effort to break a big one.
I miss Kendall Hunter already.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:

same. And KW

two of my favorite players to root for.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

same. And KW

It's going to be tough knowing that Kendall wont be in game making that run he always seems to make at the right time. That quick burst for 7 or 8 yards that gives us a 1st down. He was always good for at least 1 or 2 of them a game. May not see like much but it kept drives alive.

same. And KW

I miss Kendall too
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

same. And KW

I miss Kendall too

Yea, Kendall was having a huge year really running well especially to the outside.
Are you sure he even suits up this weekend?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
It's going to be tough knowing that Kendall wont be in game making that run he always seems to make at the right time. That quick burst for 7 or 8 yards that gives us a 1st down. He was always good for at least 1 or 2 of them a game. May not see like much but it kept drives alive.

It's almost like the D lets up because they figure he's gonna be tackled, suddenly he breaks out for another 5-10 yards.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Are you sure he even suits up this weekend?

no one knows. only harbaugh.
more curious than excited......
Originally posted by jreff22:

yeah ..who knows... he could run the ball the wrong way
I would like to see LMJ used on screen plays
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by jreff22:

yeah ..who knows... he could run the ball the wrong way

more like he could be ineffective in comparison to Hunter....I was not excited with his play during PS while Dixon was looking amazing, against backups.
Share 49ersWebzone