There are 164 users in the forums

Anyone excited to see LeMichael James play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
James must REALLY suck.

He's just a one trick pony at this point. No need to bring him in yet.
if this is true about him being a one trick pony that is bad, a one trick pony will only take you to a couple of towns
Originally posted by sfout:
Jenkins took Williams spot, Jacobs took Hunter's spot, LB Michael Wilhoite took Demarcus Dobbs' spot. every other inactive spot is the usual guys.

Seems like they think there's more need at LB and special teams over RB. This makes sense. Jacobs was active but essentially didn't play all season so they've had an extra RB already.
If he or Jacobs played special teams they probably would have been activated a bunch of times this season. If we have Jacobs activated who can't play ST then we really can't afford another RB who can't play ST. I'm not worried next year he will get his shot.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by sfout:
Jenkins took Williams spot, Jacobs took Hunter's spot, LB Michael Wilhoite took Demarcus Dobbs' spot. every other inactive spot is the usual guys.

Seems like they think there's more need at LB and special teams over RB. This makes sense. Jacobs was active but essentially didn't play all season so they've had an extra RB already.

Yep. I refuse to say James is a bust, we're stacked -- thats not an excuse for James' inability to convince the coaches that he is one of the best 46 on the roster but knowing that he was #5 RB(lack of versatility and more complex offense then the card system at Oregon and need to learn how to recognize blitzes) due to his inability to play anything but Returner on ST(due to size) and that he has almost zero experience as return man in college puts him as our 4th or even 5th best option as return man really tells me he is a project, I'd even say more of a project then Kaepernick was at QB.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
James must REALLY suck.

He's just a one trick pony at this point. No need to bring him in yet.

Not sure I agree with this--he may be having difficulty learning the playbook or they just have confidence in the other guys for special teams. James is somewhere between a scat-back and a Gore type runner. He is very good at getting lost behind the linemen and popping out on the other side--like Gore. I really believe he will be a weapon in future years...if he can keep his mouth (or twitter) shut.
dp
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Dec 2, 2012 at 9:57 AM ]
still cant get activated.....injured Hunter and a meh Dixon...
Originally posted by RonMexico:
is he going to play?

No
I think this is stupid. We can use his speed to spread out the defense.

Why the f**k did we draft him when we don't even play him?
Fresh legs

yea im not sure why he wouldn't be used in a similar role as Hunter.
James must be pretty unimpressive, especially given that Hunter was playing regularly his first season (last year), but James can't even get active when a RB goes down.
"THE WAIT IS OVER."
Originally posted by zillabeast:
"THE WAIT IS OVER."

LaMichael James: My tweet is not bout Ftball lol

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 16:56:26
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I think this is stupid. We can use his speed to spread out the defense.

Why the f**k did we draft him when we don't even play him?

Because if he doesn't know what the F*** he's doing out there he can get Colin killed. He's still a rookie.
Blitz pickup and recognizing defenses is important.
Share 49ersWebzone